Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Heart of Desolation CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 11, 15 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/11/2015 at 11:52:26 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Heart of Desolation CE here.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 11, 15 4:00 AM
I'm using Windows 8 and having a difficult time controlling the cursor. It jumps and lags and doesn't obey commands...seems like it's on it own some of the time. I tried switching from the custom cursor and it helped a little but not much.
This looks like a nice enough game but too much work to play with the cursor behaving so erratically. I will be interested to see if I'm the only one with this concern..

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: The Heart of Desolation CE here.

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 11, 15 7:29 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:I'm using Windows 8 and having a difficult time controlling the cursor. It jumps and lags and doesn't obey commands...seems like it's on it own some of the time. I tried switching from the custom cursor and it helped a little but not much.
This looks like a nice enough game but too much work to play with the cursor behaving so erratically. I will be interested to see if I'm the only one with this concern..

I am using windows 8.1 on laptop and have had no problems playing the demo.
Always change from custom cursor in any game I play as I find problems with the normal cursor usually to slow.
Have you tried to customise you playing in the options? I did this.
Could you let people know if it's an apple, pc or whatever you are playing on as this makes it easier for us to help you. Hope you can resolve this problem.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 11, 15 8:09 AM
I'm like 0161, I never play with the custom cursor. I always switch to the system cursor in any game and have never had any problems.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 11, 15 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Myths of the World: The Heart of Desolation Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Cursor driving me crazy

[Post New]by cindybuns on Apr 11, 15 1:28 PM
I have Windows 7 Home Premium and the cursor is driving me crazy. Tried to change plane settings and could click on instrument and it would not catch so I could change the settings as indicated. Had to click several times on HOS; used Marjohng had to click several times in order to get it to work. Puzzles had to click several times and forget dragging the paint brush to paint the dragon. I had to use the skip button a lot.

I've never had this much trouble with a game before; and since I am not the only one with problems there must be something wrong with the game. This needs to be fixed (and the developers should have tested this out before putting this game out there) as there is obviously a problem!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 12, 15 3:22 AM
Hi CindyBuns....looks like we are the only two with this problem. I just tried re-downloading the game and that didn't help. Oh well....I'll get Thursday's game, it works! Actually what I could play of this game wasn't very interesting, colors muted, too many of everything on the screen and unclear instructions. Still I would have bought it if I could have played it.

[Post New]by pvangel on Apr 12, 15 10:54 AM
Hi there! Is anyone having issues when you get to the part where you detonate the barrel? Every time I try and it explodes, my computer freezes and I have to restart. I was wondering if this is a glitch or my pc. Haven't had any issues til this.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 15 12:05 PM
Hi cindybuns and miss_marigold11,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is some issue with the cursor in this particular game. Talk about frustrating.

Since it sounds like troubleshooting is needed, please contact our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help look into this for you.

The help page Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen may be helpful to take a look at pvangel.

I hope this helps everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by feistylilcwgrl on Apr 12, 15 1:28 PM
Im in the Alchemists Tower and place the engraved bracer for the mini game and all the rows change to the symbol I want except the 4th one...it doesnt matter how many times I click, it wont turn at all so Im stuck. Anyone understand which mini game Im talking about and how did you get the 4th symbol to change? Oh and Im running Windows 7 home premium.

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 1:29:52 PM PST

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by antimaim on Apr 12, 15 5:20 PM
I'm having the same problem as pvangel, which I see hasn't gotten an answer yet. Every time I detonate the explosive barrel, my who computer freezes and has to be cold booted. Very annoying. Obviously, I can't complete the game.

Does BF have a fix for this problem? (If it matters, I'm using Windows XP.)

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 14, 15 12:04 PM
Windows 8.1 PC

I am with Miss- 11, I shortened your name, I hope that was ok)
The cursor is dong the same...everything is jerky and jumps and lags...

Still in the demo part and will see if I can get it worked out before I even try to purchase,

Sad, as I think this game is a winner. I Love these dev's.

Not sad anymore, it worked - taking off the custom cursor.

Thanks BF, great sale today!!!

Edited on 04/15/2015 at 6:15:27 AM PST

ackpfft
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Apr 14, 15 10:48 PM
I'm also stuck on the bracers. The first two symbols won't align with the last 3, and I thought at first it was part of the puzzle, but I can't see how.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Apr 15, 15 4:45 PM
I am also stuck on the bracers, except my first number won't align with the last 4. Running Windows 8.

[Post New]by pvangel on Apr 18, 15 12:20 PM
Well antimaim, looks like us XP users are just out of luck. All the references in the world don't help. I am extremely disappointed since I have never had an issue with any of the other Myths games.

[Post New]by ocean8ways on Apr 19, 15 7:39 AM
I'm calling this a tech issue--really odd

Mac 10.10.2

I did successfully use the crochet hook to extract the seed packet from the net, but when I needed to use it, it had disappeared from the inventory.

So now I'm stuck. Am I going to have to start over or do you have a solution for this?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 19, 15 7:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I am so sorry that players are experiencing issues progressing in this particular game. I definitely know what it is like to get stuck. Doesn't make things fun.

If you haven't already, please contact our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help investigate things for you. By contacting them it also helps to keep track of and report these issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Apr 26, 15 12:16 PM
Hi, all;

I placed the butterfly tile into the mosaic and... that's it. I'm stuck. The strategy guide says that I should be able to turn the tile, but I can't. I also can't "walk to the right", as the strategy guide also says, and the map does not indicate any uncompleted tasks. When I click the hint button, all it does is say, "I suppose I should just move along".

What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Vandegraff on May 15, 15 2:58 AM
pvangel, antimaim - I also use WinXP, and was having the exact same issue with the exploding barrel causing the game to freeze/crash. I was just able to get past that point by going into Options and unchecking Full Screen (thus switching to windowed mode) before lighting the barrel fuse. The cutscene of the kaboom played without crashing or freezing, and I was then able to switch back to Full Screen mode to proceed. Give it a try?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 17, 15 4:07 PM
Nice game, BUT the mini games don't work. No buy for me.

Go to: