kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Missed a morph - should I restart?

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Apr 11, 15 11:58 AM
I missed a morphing object and aside from not getting all of the achievements, is there anything extra I will miss if I don't find all of the objects? (Some games have bonus puzzles for completing collections...)

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Missed a morph - should I restart?

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 11, 15 12:11 PM
I doubt it. Most (if not all) EIPIX games allow replay of HOPs, mini-games and all locations to pick any missed morphs/ collectibles after you finish playing the main and/ or bonus game.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 11, 15 12:48 PM
I totally agree with Radgame, I don't think I have played a game from Eipix or Mad Head that doesn't allow you to go back and find morphs or collectibles. I am not happy with either Elephant Games or ERS as they don't allow this, and considering they are leading developers I think they should upgrade their games.

In my opinion it's no fair as I have paid the price so should be able to access everything in the game, regardless of whether I did or did not find the morph or the collectible. It sort of makes me think I am back in school and being penalised for not getting 10/10 in a maths lesson.

Dax

Edited because I repeated a word twice.

Edited on 04/11/2015 at 12:49:44 PM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Apr 12, 15 6:03 AM
If you have purchased the full game, you can actually go to extras as soon as you have finished the HOP and replay it. You don't have to wait until you complete the game.

When you replay, you can select the morph and it does count.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Apr 12, 15 1:04 PM
Daxidillian - did you actually repeat the word twice or did you just repeat it?

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 12, 15 3:15 PM
@Kaitlinn - I just repeated the word twice. After re-writing my post I realised I hadn't needed to include the word twice so deleted one of them, but maybe both of them since you asked but the word was 'extras', although for the life of me I can't remember where it went in my post.

I type at 90wpm and can get distracted by a phone call at any given moment or one of my kittens wanting a hug, so sometimes I accidently dupilcate or omit a word.

It doesn't matter if you miss a morph or a collectible in an Eipix game as they allow you to got back and collect them so you will get the Achievement.

Once you have finished the game and the Bonus Chapter, go back to the Main Menu and select EXTRAS above and to the right of the PLAY button.

You can find the morphing objects by replaying the HOS - top left on the left hand side.

Top Middle is a Souvenir Room where you can find all of the other collectibles that weren't available until you have completed the Main Game and Bonus Chapter.

Bottom Centre and slightly to the right is Colletables - although I haven't got there so far I assume it's to collet any of the Bamboo Sticks you missed in the game.

I hope that helps.

Dax

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on May 16, 15 12:52 PM
Dax is correct - the Collectables in the Extras shows you a rack with all the bamboo sticks you've collected, and empty slots where one is missing. Clicking on the empty slot takes you to the scene so you can find the bamboo sticks - and once all are collected, they make a scroll of the stories. You will have to click each empty slot - you're taken back to the Extras once you collect a missing stick.

Now, if someone could tell me how to find the morphing object in the 4th HOP, I'd be grateful. I've stared at the screen for so long my eyes hurt, but I simply don't see anything morphing! The Guide doesn't list the morphing objects, either, so I guess I'll rest my eyes and try again.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 19, 15 5:10 PM
Georgiarealist, the Morphs ARE shown in the SG on pages 4 and 5 under Collectibles......and, thank you for your question, I was looking for an excuse to play the game again.....the artwork is so beautiful...(IMHO)

Once you have found the Morphing object it is gone though, and will not show up in the Bonus game play, so it might be possible you clicked on it without knowing that you did.

There is a WHITE flower symbol present in one of the circles on the right side of the inventory IF the HOP has a morphing object in it....If you have already found the morphing object, the flower gets a darker background and details.

Not all HOPs do, and the one that is the fourth in the game ( a silhouette HOP) does not have a morphing object in it.
The puzzle that is fourth in the SG, the morphing object is a feather in the upper right corner area.

hope this helps.

Go to: