Award Chests

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Award Chests

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Apr 11, 15 9:49 PM
I currently have five unopened award chests in my BP. Just curious how many others also do this. It always starts out that I want to wait until I use up some energy before getting the XP or something, and then I just forget it's there and I'm on to something else...

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Award Chests

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 11, 15 10:31 PM
I do the same thing. I also save them to keep me motivated in doing Mayan Maze. The chests usually have Gold, Silver and Summoning cards. That way I have a supply of them for emergency use.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 11, 15 10:36 PM
Researcher, Legends!

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on Apr 11, 15 11:13 PM
Me too

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Apr 12, 15 3:03 AM
I've got eight unopened chests, plus another waiting to be collected, plus hopefully the pirate one that I'll have a go at this evening.

Now that I'm out of ordinary tasks, I'm mainly doing quests, and don't have much of a gap between experience and energy when it comes to levelling up, so I'm using the chests to do that, and everything else is a bonus...

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Apr 12, 15 8:22 AM
Very smart ladies. I hold them a day or two and then I just can't wait any longer and have to open them.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Apr 12, 15 9:06 AM
Did all of you also wait patiently for Christmas morning? Maybe it's the fact that as a child I didn't only have to wait till morning my Mom made us wait till after Christmas dinner was served. So we usually opened presents around 5pm.

I get no pleasure from delayed gratification I open them immediately. Heck I think I'm doing good to wait till the end of the quest to take the reward.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 12, 15 9:22 AM
I have no trouble waiting to open presents, chests or what ever. I like the feeling of anticipation. Plus there were too many of us kids on Christmas morning. We took turns getting on our parents nerves! We out numbered them 3 to 1. Plus they'd be tired from cooking, wrapping etc. They never had a chance!

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Apr 12, 15 10:35 AM
I only discovered that there were chests in my back pack about 2 weeks ago, and this was after playing for weeks. When I discovered them it was like manna from heaven! I had over 48 beast rune chests, and over 30 of the Mayan rune. I went mad and opened them all at once and then headed to the runes which I had not been able to play because I never had enough runes to get to a chest, and I didn't even know there was a dragon behind those clouds! Now, as soon as I see a chest go into my BP I jump on it! I have no self control.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 12, 15 2:58 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:Did all of you also wait patiently for Christmas morning? Maybe it's the fact that as a child I didn't only have to wait till morning my Mom made us wait till after Christmas dinner was served. So we usually opened presents around 5pm.

I get no pleasure from delayed gratification I open them immediately. Heck I think I'm doing good to wait till the end of the quest to take the reward.

I almost always take the chest early, but I at least wait for the last 24 hrs before taking the chest, mostly because of all the free food in the drops!

But we opened our presents after midnight mass and saved ONE for the morning.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Apr 12, 15 3:25 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:
Did all of you also wait patiently for Christmas morning? Maybe it's the fact that as a child I didn't only have to wait till morning my Mom made us wait till after Christmas dinner was served. So we usually opened presents around 5pm.

Hehe! Of course, you really should wait until Boxing Day for the presents...

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Apr 12, 15 4:16 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:Did all of you also wait patiently for Christmas morning? Maybe it's the fact that as a child I didn't only have to wait till morning my Mom made us wait till after Christmas dinner was served. So we usually opened presents around 5pm.
Oh my gosh. At my house we would have been all up under the tree, pretty much laying top of those presents if we had to wait that long ... "but Mom, we won't open them, we just want to touch them, that's all..."

wrenbird wrote:I only discovered that there were chests in my back pack about 2 weeks ago, and this was after playing for weeks. When I discovered them it was like manna from heaven! I had over 48 beast rune chests, and over 30 of the Mayan rune. I went mad and opened them all at once and then headed to the runes which I had not been able to play because I never had enough runes to get to a chest, and I didn't even know there was a dragon behind those clouds!
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

-------

edit: wrenbird, I was talking about the Award/Reward Chests from doing the special weekly side quests on the right side of the screen, but I SO appreciate you sharing that!!!!

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 8:42:28 PM PST

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Apr 12, 15 6:42 PM
I thought you were speaking of rewards chest from Quest completed/Artifacts/Relics..
I didn't think that M. Runes chest counted towards the Legends...good to know..I thought it was just items that you collected - Coins & XP from.
As for Christmas..we opened our parents gifts on the Eve of, and Santa's on Christmas Day...such fond memories.
I did enjoy our present exchange here in RoM..the first gifts were available on my B-day..and from then on til Christmas Eve it was wonderful.. can't wait til it starts again..although that Angel charge gave me a hard time I wonder why..lol

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Apr 12, 15 8:44 PM
Lilybells, I was talking about the Award/Reward Chests from doing the weekly special quests, but wrenbird's post is funny I have never 'knowingly' participated in Legends, so I can't answer to that...

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 8:44:37 PM PST

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 12, 15 8:52 PM
To clarify what I was referring too. The chests from offers contain XP. These points contribute for Researcher in Legends. They also contain Gold, Silver and Summoning cards that can be used with different ghosts/poltergeists and keeping keeping a supply of your creatures to help. This can be a big help in those Legend categories. Then there is the chance of getting useful charges for Collector category. The Dragon Labyrinth and Mayan Maze only contribute individual items that can be used for assembling talismans. These can be saved up to complete for the Collector category too. The Mayan Maze also has Gold and Silver cards in chests. If you can leave a few rune chest unopened they seem to encourage more to drop with room search. I know I was surprised when I actually got around to explore my BP and discovered all those accumulated rune chests. It was like Christmas.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Apr 12, 15 9:39 PM
faunaspherical wrote:Lilybells, I was talking about the Award/Reward Chests from doing the weekly special quests, but wrenbird's post is funny I have never 'knowingly' participated in Legends, so I can't answer to that...

Oops I may not know what I'm talking about, but I'm really happy I can be entertaining while I do it. lol

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 12, 15 9:47 PM
Well I have to say I always thought Clash's mom was evil for making them wait.
We got to open one on Xmas eve and then the rest after breakfast which was always muffins. I think this was mostly so my parents could drink coffee before the mayhem began.

I open the rewards chest's when I get them. It simply never occurred to me not to. I'll have to think about saving them up. Depends on what's in them really if there are large mayan rune sets they are getting opened pretty soon.

JLChestnut
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by JLChestnut on Apr 13, 15 4:41 AM
I've only recently started saving my quest award chests. I have eight unopened in my backpack. I'll open one if it's something new for which I don't have the trophy yet or if I feel I'm getting low on silver cards.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Apr 19, 15 9:12 AM
I got my very first rewards chest yesterday after finishing my first quest. I decided to open it to see what all the fuss was about, and !!!! OMG! I was so excited, I just had to run and tell my husband about all the presents I just got! The fact that it was 2:00 am and he was sleeping deterred me not in the least. His reaction? There are some words that are not to be repeated in a public forum , and it looks like I'll be spending most of the day hiding in the basement after doing the walk of shame back down there after I told him. On the bright side, I can happily play RoM all day with no interruptions!

Maybe next time I'll wait for a more appropriate time to open the chest.
HA! NOT LIKELY! I'm opening that sucker as soon as I get it!

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Apr 19, 15 9:54 AM
wrenbird,
congrats on your chest
the first time I got a chest I jumped up and down and shouted. My daughter came running because she thought something happened. When I explained it to her she turned to my husband and said you married her.No one seems to understand except fellow Rom players. So I will do a happy dance for you and get strange looks once again. Happy gaming

Go to: