How often do you refresh?

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

How often do you refresh?

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 13, 15 7:16 PM
Hi all fishies,

While I help all expeditions I see, there seem to be a lot that I miss.

I have a Caribbean palmfrond driven internet so my game takes a while to load but I
do refresh as often as I think I can get back to the game.

So I'd like to know your "refreshment" habits,

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:How often do you refresh?

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 13, 15 7:37 PM
You can only help with one type of dragon at a time. I help what I can then wait for most expeditions to end. Then I refresh. It comes out to about close to 90 minutes. There is no set rule. Find what is comfortable for your schedule and play time and enjoy yourself.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 13, 15 7:38 PM
Unless I am in the middle of a timed offer room, or RoM is experiencing a glitch, the following applies for Faery refresh habits:

1) pausing for a tinkle break...refresh

2) phone call requiring attention...refresh

3) pausing for a tinkle break...refresh

4) returning to game after prolonged absence (30+ min).... refresh

5) TINKLE BREAK....refresh

6) leaving the game for more than a few min....refresh

7) going to other websites, ie, check email, FB etc....refresh

8) oh, Lilybells do help me with this one!!!

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 13, 15 7:41 PM
I cant tinkle as long as it takes for my game to load

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 13, 15 7:52 PM
I couldn't figure out a way to include utilizing the facilities in a nice way. But Faery sums it up well. If that is too short a time do a household chore. This way you can feel like you are doing something constructive.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 13, 15 7:56 PM
I am not familiar with palmfronds being in Kansas....Seriously, how long does it take for your game to refresh?

I was serious with the "any time I walk away from computer" hitting RoM refresh. This enables me to participate in as many neighbor's offers as I can. I am high enough I have the food to assist, so I do.

But if you have a long time loading....well, the bright side must be, you are in the Caribbean!!!

So I must reevaluate:

1) watch the bikini clad ladies go by....refresh

2) watch the scantily clad men go by....refresh

3) go tinkle....refresh...

4) go sip a pina' colada...refresh...

5) get caught in the rain....refresh...

6) go tinkle...refresh

7) chase faeries and beat them silly....must be the pina' colada talking!!! refresh....

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 13, 15 8:05 PM
You are all to good to be true!!

I'll skip the household chores and go for the pina colada, 2 reasons I live here!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 13, 15 8:25 PM
Good for you amina!

so go apply some sunblock, but not before you....refresh!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 13, 15 8:49 PM
Amina, after a few minutes of speculation, I would like a chance to reevaluate your situation:

1) Learn to play the conga drum....ample time to refresh

2) Merengue...need I say more?....refresh

3) did you apply adequate SPF protection?....refresh...

4) order a pina' colada...refresh

5) count the boats go by....refresh

6) count the grains of sand in your shoe...refresh

7) count your neighbor's freckles using binoculars, without getting caught!..refresh

8) maybe math is not your forte' so lose count of how many pina' coladas you have ordered

9) Reevaluate: WHY ARE YOU PLAYING ROM IF YOU LIVE IN THE CARIBBEAN....refresh

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 13, 15 9:44 PM
achumannfaery wrote:9) Reevaluate: WHY ARE YOU PLAYING ROM IF YOU LIVE IN THE CARIBBEAN....refresh

This was my thought but then again there is only so much relaxation one can bear after awhile.

When I'm playing in the main game for a quest I don't refresh once I've got the timed room open until I finish the quest. That could be an hour maybe two or in the case of the confectionery 4 long painful hours. Other than that I refresh often as I tend to do a few searches then play a few comps till I hit a 3 or 4 person comp then refresh and repeat the cycle.

I tend to check in on the forum periodically as well so if a neighbor has posted in the expedition thread for help I refresh right away.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mrssharon on Apr 14, 15 8:30 AM
I really wish you could refresh the expedition list without having to reload the whole game. There aren't enough pina coladas to help with that frustration!

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 14, 15 10:53 AM
oh goodnesss... Faery, you crack me up!

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Apr 14, 15 1:45 PM
Dumb newbie question here : what exactly do you mean by "refresh"? I know what it means to refresh a web page, but I haven't noticed anything in ROM that looks like a "refresh" button.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 14, 15 2:00 PM
msmithnc, it's the same as refreshing the webpage. There is also Rooms of Memory written in blue in the lower right corner (not when maximized though). You have to refresh to be able feed other's dragons since there is no other way to do so at this time.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Apr 14, 15 2:56 PM
hey watson..got your shout out..you know what ?...lol - you kill me.. lmao!!!

msmithnc,
In Google there is a 3/4 circle type arrow an the upper left side, if you minimize you game screen you can refresh that way. If you use IE - then it should be the F5 button, but I have to go to View then refresh; again when your game screen is minimized.

I refresh often unless I am in the middle of my own Expd., or in a timed room. I always make sure that even I feed a dragon when I start; depending on how much time they have or if I have finished them off, that I refresh again to help those in the Dragon Labr. I think it comes up as a Rune Tab on your screen - not sure, but it's the next Tab.

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 2:56:52 PM PST

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 15, 15 6:19 AM
I play through the BF Game Manager. I have never found any way to refresh other than closing the game and restarting.....very annoying! Maybe I am missing something?

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 15, 15 9:31 AM
mommerj wrote:I play through the BF Game Manager. I have never found any way to refresh other than closing the game and restarting.....very annoying! Maybe I am missing something?

No that's the only way to refresh on the game manager version of the game. I've just tried the F5 and Ctrl F5 as well as that's suppose to refresh pages as well.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 15, 15 10:27 AM
F5 and Ctrl+F5 in the Game Manager doesn't work. I have tried that before. Well, at least I haven't missed an obvious refresh option. After playing for over 1 1/2 yrs I would have been embarrassed to find out there was an easy refresh option in the Game Manager.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 15, 15 10:40 AM
Did you not find Rooms of Memory in blue in the lower right corner?

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 15, 15 11:09 AM
achumannfaery wrote:Did you not find Rooms of Memory in blue in the lower right corner?

Nope there's only the blue bar at the top, just like playing through the browser, the only difference is as far as I can tell is the mailing neighbours part you can't use the spacebar.

Go to: