bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Alley Strikes Back

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 14, 15 12:29 AM
Renegade Bowling Pins are on the loose! Knock them down using matching colored balls and create dynamic results powered by real-time physics.

Collect bonuses, power-ups and utilize an arsenal of super-powered balls to knock back, freeze, and obliterate the pins! Solve unique puzzles and defeat dangerous bosses. With this much action packed into one game, "The Alley Strikes Back" will provide many hours of entertainment for players of all ages!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:The Alley Strikes Back

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 14, 15 12:33 AM
My face when I saw TGT: Should have been a soft release.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 14, 15 1:06 AM
You could have bowled me over as well.
At least it isn't a strategy guide

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 1:09:34 AM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Apr 14, 15 4:38 AM
Hey, we had the same face....
I tried it and honestly did not care for it. Almost like a marble shooter, which I like, but this one is repetitive and somewhat boring

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Apr 14, 15 6:51 AM
Very boring,5 mins of demo was 4 too many.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 14, 15 1:59 PM
Over here in the UK it was referred to as skittles but nowadays it's called ten pin bowling. I have probably played skittles about 6/7 times in my life but found it incredibly boring because when I threw the ball and knocked all of them down, my opponents, i.e. my children and my good friends hated me for it so I gave up. There was no challenge at all.

If you have a good eye you do not need to waste your time on skittles especially when it alienates you from your children and your friends.

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Apr 14, 15 5:27 PM
I tried the demo and this just isn't for me. I could not keep up with the pins marching down the alley towards the line and kept having to restart the game. After enough times of that, I gave up.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Apr 14, 15 6:03 PM
It's a little bit Space Invaders from the 80's and a lot of Zuma. I played through the first 8 levels on the demo. As with any purely arcade game, it starts out simple but each level added one new item or variation so each level was ramped up a bit. A level or two were timed where others had limited shots. Primitive graphics aside, if each of 90+ levels adds a new element this could be a great game for those who enjoy frantic arcade games...a rarity here on BFG. Myself, I'm more of a solitaire type where I can take my time.

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Apr 15, 15 4:43 PM
I went to look at the game reviews on the main page and can't find them. Has that option been removed?

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Apr 16, 15 5:55 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll need to contact Big Fish and try to find out why I can no longer see the reviews or the number of stars. It just disappeared from my main page view.

twinsoniclab wrote:
jengun wrote:I went to look at the game reviews on the main page and can't find them. Has that option been removed?

They're there. There is one 5 star, four 2s and two 1 star reviews.

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Apr 16, 15 4:15 PM
Thanks That took care of it!

twinsoniclab wrote:Hit the "refresh" button (F5) and it will probably come back.

Go to: