Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Alley Strikes Back here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 14, 15 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 6:10:24 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Alley Strikes Back here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Apr 14, 15 5:40 AM
This review is based on about 15 minutes of play - the last 10 minutes was to see if it gets better.

There are pins in different colours that move down the screen. You have balls in matching colours that can only knock down pins of their own colour. So you are given a ball in the middle of the screen and you can move it left or right and then you actually click anywhere in the screen where you want to launch the ball and that's it.

There are some obstacles and challenges, however, it looks like it is mostly going to be a fast click game.

The game is written for a small screen so when you view it full screen there is quite a lot of distortion of the graphics - but in window mode I found it a little too small.

And while I don't like giving negative reviews, dear Big Fish if you reject my games and allow this type of game here then I totally give up on you!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 14, 15 6:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Alley Strikes Back here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Alley Strikes Back.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by brvsfn on Apr 14, 15 8:30 PM
cannot see the cursor in the game

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 15, 15 5:54 PM
The 80's called and they want their music back

I would describe this as a combination of bowling, match 3 and tetris. Bowling because there is a ball and pins, match 3 because you take out the matching pins together, and tetris because the pins gradually advance toward the foul line.

Each ball has a color corresponding with the pins and can only take out pins of the same color. There are three different points on the lane where the ball can be launched and (I can't stress this enough) it is very important to quickly choose the one with the best angle to take out the most pins at once.

Each game has at least two goals (i.e. number of balls used, minimum time to complete, number of "strikes" etc.). The first goal must be met to complete the level, while the other awards you extra points for purchasing better bowling balls. While playing you can earn special "bonuses" like a ball that takes out all the remaining pins of the color you choose, extra money, a small ball, and on and on. There are also challenges like bouncing pins, pins that parachute in, and a penalty for gutter balls.

The music is right out of the 80's but the play is so fast paced you probably won't notice it. Arcade style games are not my style and this one does not have much going for it, but the play could be right up your alley nevertheless. Give it a try, you might just strike out - in a good way, that is.

Edited on 04/15/2015 at 5:55:07 PM PST

Go to: