Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Game of Stones here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 15, 15 1:08 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/15/2015 at 6:32:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Game of Stones here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 15, 15 6:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

photog62
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Game won't install correctly

[Post New]by photog62 on Apr 15, 15 9:06 AM
In the installation process, I get a message that the frame network already installed on my computer is a newer version. However, the game tries to install an older version anyway. When I click cancel, the game won't continue to install the files, and won't play.

[Post New]by Dragon40 on Apr 15, 15 10:09 AM
Same issue for me as photog62

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Apr 15, 15 10:33 AM
Same issue as photog62

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Apr 15, 15 2:03 PM
SAME ISSUE WITH ME AND I ALREADY BOUGHT IT BEFORE TRYING IT. what a dunce. Running Win8.1 on laptop and Win7 Prof on desktop.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 15, 15 4:49 PM
Same issue for me (win 8).

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 15, 15 6:13 PM
I got the same message, also canceled the d/l (just as I usually do if I already have the software on my PC), with the same results.

Since I really wanted to try the game, I uninstalled it, and allowed the d/l when reloading the demo.

Though it showed that the version of the .Net app was downloading, it Did Not override the newer version that was already on my PC. (I checked my Programs and Features in the Control panel to be sure!)

It Did d/l a newer version of the XNA software than I presently had.

Because I already have programs on my PC that uses this MS software, it was not a problem for me to allow these MS apps to d/l.

The game plays fine, and is a buy for me!

I am running W7 Home Prem. Ed. on a HP 23" HD TouchSmart All-in-One

BK

purusty
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by purusty on Apr 16, 15 1:18 AM
game wont play at all

[Post New]by rokapublish on Apr 16, 15 10:23 AM
Hello, thank you for downloading Game of Stones. And yes, the installation is a bit tricky! Sorry for that... We try to fix it.

During its installation Game of Stones checks whether both Microsoft .NET and XNA are already installed. Both Microsoft software applications are required to guarantee a great game play experience. If you happen to have both applications on your PC, the installer will check for a more recent version on the internet and may ask you to download and install it.

If the XNA installer starts and you see just "repair" and "remove", please cancel the process. You have already XNA on your computer and you don't need to install it again.

If you did it, you can regular starts the game.

We sincerely hope it's not going to be too big a hassle for you and you'll enjoy our game. We love our game and, of course, we'd love you to love it, too.

[Post New]by zumbatartt on May 24, 15 9:02 PM
I was having trouble with Game of Stones and also the new Dark Parables on my Mac. Followed all the tech advice and nothing worked. I finally figured out what the problem was. Although Game of Stones says it is compatible with OS X 10.8.6 it's not. I had to update my OS to 10.10-Yosemite. Everything works great now.

Go to: