bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 16, 15 12:29 AM
Daily Magic Productions, creators of the Dark Dimensions and Sable Maze series, invites you to enjoy another ominous tale!

After surviving a supernatural experience as a child, you have dedicated your life to solving similar cases and tracking down ominous objects all over the world. This time, you and your trusty sidekick, Mr. Jenkins, have been called to the house of Lilith Armstrong to investigate strange activity. But when you arrive, Lilith is nowhere to be found, and the entire house seems to have come alive! The events all seem to be tied to a rare mirror Lilith recently purchased at an auction… Can you find out what happened to your client and uncover the secrets of this latest ominous object before it’s too late? Find out in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 16, 15 12:36 AM
Use the code HUGE and get it for 6.99!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 16, 15 12:44 AM
I want to know if it is worth it, a helper, get coins to dress your kitten?? I'm not sure!

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Apr 16, 15 2:42 AM
Didn't play to the end of the demo but bought and enjoying it. Yes, you have a helper - yes, you have to (if you want) decorate his room - DON'T CARE!!!! I'm one of the fishes that enjoy these little helpers. It's a fun game and long may they continue!

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Apr 16, 15 3:51 AM
@Newmenor

Oh good, another fishy who likes the little helpers, so it is not only me. Thanks heaven I already felt like hiding :-) because I like little helpers, fairy tales and fantasy, as live is rough enough some times, so why not enjoy something cute.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 16, 15 5:52 AM
You don't have to dress Mr Jenkins, but you do have the option of decorating a room that is his.....the coins are the "collection" object you look for, and if you never want to go to the 'cat room' that is your business. (The prices for items in it are enough to make one's hair go grey and seriously shrink one's wallet. Good thing they are supplied by the game.)

Mr Jenkins is actually a real and much loved pussycat as the developer diary is full of photos of him being held.
I am going to have to look at the credits and see if pusskat's name is really Mr Jenkins or something else.

I didn't demo the game, but I did play the beta game.
I suggest playing the demo to decide if you want to purchase the game because it won't be everyone's brand of cigarettes.....cup of tea, or (snicker) type of cat food.

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 5:57:44 AM PST

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Apr 16, 15 6:25 AM
LOL! It is indeed my type of cat food. Those who like helpers are not alone. I like them too.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 16, 15 6:37 AM
This is the second Ominous Object(s), the first one was called Ominous Object: Family Portrait.

Mr. Jenkins was the family cat and especially loved by the youngest daughter, the heroine of this game. In the first game the familiy was trapped in portraits and had to be rescued by the homecoming father. Now the one daughter and Mr. Jenkins, the cat, are dealing with ominous objects as a job, so it seems.

I played only short into the demo and have yet to see, how the story enfolds. My first impression is not bad (I played the beta) but for now I preferred the first one.

Decide for yourself, if you feed your cat this food........ miau

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Apr 16, 15 6:45 AM
I love animal helpers also.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 16, 15 7:01 AM
roxycavalier wrote:Use the code HUGE and get it for 6.99!

Thanks Roxy!

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Apr 16, 15 7:41 AM
I do not like the animal helpers! I would rather accomplish the tasks myself rather than waiting for a pet to do it for me. And I feel like I am playing a kids game.

But, good for all of you who do!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 16, 15 7:51 AM
Okay, I didn't realize it was Mr. Jenkins, he is a birman cat, I have three so yes I love the cat. Game not so much though, so I won't rush of to buy.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 16, 15 9:41 AM
Frezo wrote:@Newmenor

Oh good, another fishy who likes the little helpers, so it is not only me. Thanks heaven I already felt like hiding :-) because I like little helpers, fairy tales and fantasy, as live is rough enough some times, so why not enjoy something cute.
There's probably a lot more fishes liking in-game-critters than they care to admit! I'm only too glad having them on-board, and sending them into places where I don't fit.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 16, 15 9:56 AM
I like all animals in game and out of games. Mr. Jenkins is not too obtrusive and is not needed very often and he is cute unlike some of the helpers that look a little deformed in some games.

I like the game more than I did when I did the beta. I could do without all of the mirror shattering and all the blues, pinks and purples and the goggles but I liked the puzzles and the Hos are fun and interactive which is so much more pleasant than searching for an endless list of stuff.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Apr 16, 15 10:06 AM
okay-okay, I admit it. I love the little helpers also. They don't change the feel of the game for me, but at least I feel like I have some company. Some of the human characters leave a lot to be desired LOL!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Apr 16, 15 10:48 AM
It's nice to see people expressing their enjoyment of a game's features instead of seeing complaints because it happens to have one item (a "helper") which a handful of people focus so much of their attention and ire on needlessly.

The developers need to see there are many people who don't mind or actually enjoy when "helpers" are used in their games otherwise they'll start to believe the negativity being expressed by a few is the only way their customers feel.

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Apr 16, 15 11:16 AM
Mark me down for loving helpers, too, and being annoyed by those who try to claim that "no one" likes them. Plus, it's a good tool for tying the game back with the first Ominous Objects--we may not remember Leia's name from the first game, especially since she was a supporting character and not the main character in the first one, but a cat named "Mr. Jenkins"? Then, yes! I do know I'm dealing with a member from the same family, because that's a memorable combination. Yay for continuity!

And I'm loving some of Leia's quips, especially since I'm a fan of puns and classic movie/literary references (i.e. "The postman hoots twice." Yes, that one cracked me up, I freely admit.). I'm looking forward to finishing this game tonight or tomorrow when I'm finished with my work project.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Apr 16, 15 3:09 PM
Lovely game, high quality & fun & I'm another who greatly enjoys animal helpers. (In this game he's adorable IMO!)
Hope Corie60 doesn't mind, but you express perfectly my feelings:
Corie60 wrote:okay-okay, I admit it. I love the little helpers also. They don't change the feel of the game for me, but at least I feel like I have some company. Some of the human characters leave a lot to be desired LOL!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 16, 15 5:37 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:I love animal helpers also.

or even

BK

Fly, Good to "see" you!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 16, 15 6:15 PM
I don't mind helpers - if they are part of the game, fine. If they aren't part of the game, fine too.

What I don't like is that they now often give away the fact that they are needed in a scene the moment I enter it, by moving around in different ways.

I much prefer to discover for myself whether there is a spot in the scene, which I can't reach by myself. I don't want to know about it before I even had the chance to investigate.

Go to: