Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 15 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 6:25:18 AM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jaylake on Apr 16, 15 1:01 AM
What a shame. Each time I open the mirror inventory item with the paper the game stops working.

I am going to try carrying on without going to it but I will have to in the end.

Please sort for me as it is relatively speaking at the beginning of the game

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mistypie on Apr 16, 15 3:39 AM
As soon as the titles and intro are over I click continue and the game stops working and closes itself. I have uninstalled and re installed twice but no luck. such a shame I was really looking forward to this game.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Apr 16, 15 4:15 AM
Hi

Just in case anyone gets the same issue as me. Dont open the mirror in the inventory and it will keep the game going and when you need it later it seems to avoid the game crashing.

Hopefully it will just be me

[Post New]by westielover on Apr 16, 15 4:40 AM
Having same problem with mirror & now cant restart game as closes immediately. Will try reinstalling & see if that helps

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 16, 15 6:25 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Apr 16, 15 7:57 AM
The same here, came stop working as soon as i click continue, it just go back and say game stop working. Have try to reinstalled but nothing happend has alsow try with 1024-778 but the same.
So BFG please dont write that we should try and try just fix it.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Apr 16, 15 8:53 AM
I clicked "play" to start the demo and got nothing but a blue screen with screams in the background. No picture, no demo, no buy.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Apr 16, 15 8:56 AM
Whenever I try to use the Strategy Guide, it freezes the game and I can't close it. I'll try to reinstall the game but I doubt that will work.

[Post New]by mamaofkk on Apr 16, 15 9:26 AM
mistypie wrote:As soon as the titles and intro are over I click continue and the game stops working and closes itself. I have uninstalled and re installed twice but no luck. such a shame I was really looking forward to this game.
Same for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to fix BF?

Brenda519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Brenda519 on Apr 16, 15 10:37 AM
Suddenly when I enter Benjamin's office the room shrinks and I can't continue the game.

Windows 7 Professional

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 12:49:48 PM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Apr 16, 15 10:40 AM
Back again. Changed player's name and the hint button works. I hope it's the only glitch I encounter.

Runrama2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Runrama2 on Apr 16, 15 11:43 AM
Played the demo for a for a while and then quit. When I tried to play again I got an in game message that the data had been corrupted when saved and I would need to do a new profile. Didn't start off on the right foot so won't be buying but it seemed like it would be a fun game if it was fixed.

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Apr 16, 15 12:23 PM
Game crashes and closes anytime the pellets for the toy gun are brought on screen. Windows 8.1

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sagethyme on Apr 16, 15 12:27 PM
mistypie wrote:As soon as the titles and intro are over I click continue and the game stops working and closes itself. I have uninstalled and re installed twice but no luck. such a shame I was really looking forward to this game.

Same here. *sigh* *goes off to ponder other 'what ifs'*

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Apr 16, 15 12:30 PM
Same issue as one other.
Benjamin's office shrinks into a tiny square in the upper left of the screen so I can't accomplish whatever I'm supposed to do, and so can't continue the game.
Mac Os X 10.9.5

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 12:33:50 PM PST

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Apr 16, 15 12:55 PM
Same issue with Benjamin's office. Window size shrinks to upper left, and can't proceed. I was able to play the hop in the window size, and mini-game, but now hint directs to far left of Benjamins' office, and I can't proceed.
Windows 7, 64 bit.

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Apr 16, 15 3:36 PM

I am having the same issue. Pretty bad when you can't even begin the game. If several other people have this problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game shuts down, I'm not even going to attempt to do that. Like Mistypie says, it is a shame, and I was looking forward to playing this CE too. Please, BFG, where's your QA team these days? Three out of the last four CEs I've purchased have had major problems with them. I find myself longing for the good old days...

ETA: Gave it one more shot and *skipped* the opening cinematic and then I got the game to start. But still, we shouldn't have to skip anything for the game to work.

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 3:41:06 PM PST

[Post New]by devilwolf81 on Apr 16, 15 4:40 PM
I noticed that other people are having the same problem of going into Benjamin's office and as soon as I use the goggles it shrinks to only the area that is for ho game, can't go to the area that I used the goggles on.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Apr 16, 15 4:49 PM
I finally finished the game. I had to start a new profile, and upon entering Benjamins' office, I completed the tower game that is to the left, and then had no further problems. It seems that if things are not done in a certain order, the glitch appears with the screen size shrinking to window size in upper left corner.

Go to: