Main Game Page Star Reviews?

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Apr 16, 15 1:21 PM
Sorry, I don't know where else to post this...

Have they done away with the starred customer reviews on the individual game pages? They haven't been showing up for me for the past few days. This is one instance where I hope it's a glitch on my computer.

If this is indeed a change on purpose, then moderators please pass along to the powers that be, that this will create a permanent loss of this customer. I don't have the data usage, or patience for that matter, to trial everything that looks interesting. I have purchased several hundreds of games based on easily accessible (and sortable) reviews from other players.

It is my habit to come to this site every morning to see what's new and read all the new reviews for new items and items on my wish list. Negative reviews do not chase me away, as certain people hate what I like and I know this. When there is a good sale, I feel confident purchasing everything on my wish list, having already done my homework.

If BF makes it a nuisance for me to sort out what looks good for me, then I will slowly stop coming, and then, you know - out of sight, out of mind.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Main Game Page Star Reviews?

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 16, 15 1:25 PM
The reviews are showing up for me, but there was a small period of time yesterday when they were not showing up. Since then, no problems.

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Apr 16, 15 1:28 PM
BTW, forgot to mention -

I bought 10 previously researched games from yesterday's sale. There were no game page reviews available, but I had already done my homework on them and had added them to my wishlist. Without the game page reviews, I might have only bought two....or none.

This just may force me to try again the FTP (I call them pay-to-play), BUT KNOW THIS - I NEVER pay to play, only to own.

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Apr 16, 15 1:34 PM
Thanks very much for that speedy answer howatch
I don't know why I'm not seeing them, but at least I know to keep trying - thanks again.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 15 1:43 PM
Hi Desert Hermit

I experienced the same thing a few weeks ago and it was a computer fault on my computer and not BFG. I spent 2 days clearing out everything and running security scans constantly and repeatedly, and I finally got my computer back to normal.

If you want to read my review for TGT today, here it is. Please Note: I am not doing this to promote myself but I remember my frustration of not being able to read anything.

My Review as follows in my opinion only:

Mr Jenkins Has Very Expensive Tastes!

Check out his Room - 18 coins for a ball of wool, 36 for a pot of flowers and 60 for 2 butterflies in a jar!!! Thank goodness caviar wasn't on the menu.

The game is relatively easy, relaxing rather than mind boggling so it’s one of those games, in my opinion, that just lets you play without being “driven up the wall with frustration” so to speak.

It’s a colourful game with good music, when the mirrors smash it’s quite loud but other than that it’s not intrusive. The voices are excellent but the down side is there is no lip synch.

Levels: Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom.

Length: 6 Chapters plus the Bonus game, I am currently halfway through the bonus game and it’s similar to the main game’s play.

Inventory: Lockable

Map: It’s a jump map that shows you where you are and the active tasks.

HOS: Virtually everything we’ve seen before but a little bit different - lists, silhouettes, floating around objects to catch. Some were a little bit interactive and others were 100% interactive. A Match 3 game is available instead of the HOS.

Goggles: We are given a pair of goggles straight off from our father to allow us to view anomalies by choosing a different lens’ which are either green, blue or red. We are then shown the goggles where you have to drag the silhouette in the lens to exactly match the scene. I personally hate these as with other developers they took me so long to solve, but these ones didn’t. So maybe the only reviews they’ve read are complaints about this type of puzzle! Who knows.

Mini Games/Puzzles: All different types and not too hard. However there was just one where I seriously considered throwing my mouse out of the window!

Extras: Game - Dots and there seems to be 6 levels when you play it, but whatever it is I haven’t got there yet. Developer Diary which Mr Jenkins features heavily in. Concept Art, Wallpapers, Music and Mr Jenkins’ luxury Cat Room.

Achievements: I could only find 8 and all related to HOS, Puzzles or Mini G

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 1:47:12 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 15 1:45 PM
Part Two

Achievements: I could only find 8 and all related to HOS, Puzzles or Mini Games.

Collectibles: Sadly there are only Coins for Mr Jenkins of course, no morphs or other collectibles at all. The plus side was that yesterday’s half off sale HUGE still worked when I bought it.

All in all I really did enjoy playing this game and I hope you do too.

I recommend this game!

I hope you get your computer sorted out soon.

Dax

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 16, 15 2:02 PM
I see the reviews on the main page, it always takes a while to load, I guess, so I wait patiently

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Main Game Page Star Reviews?

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 16, 15 2:10 PM
DesertHermit wrote:Sorry, I don't know where else to post this...

Have they done away with the starred customer reviews on the individual game pages? They haven't been showing up for me for the past few days. This is one instance where I hope it's a glitch on my computer.

If this is indeed a change on purpose, then moderators please pass along to the powers that be, that this will create a permanent loss of this customer. I don't have the data usage, or patience for that matter, to trial everything that looks interesting. I have purchased several hundreds of games based on easily accessible (and sortable) reviews from other players.

It is my habit to come to this site every morning to see what's new and read all the new reviews for new items and items on my wish list. Negative reviews do not chase me away, as certain people hate what I like and I know this. When there is a good sale, I feel confident purchasing everything on my wish list, having already done my homework.

If BF makes it a nuisance for me to sort out what looks good for me, then I will slowly stop coming, and then, you know - out of sight, out of mind.

I had the same problem, but if you clear out your history and cookies, you should start seeing the reviews again. Big Fish told me this a long time ago and it does work, at least it did for me. Good Luck.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 15 3:08 PM
Hi Twin SL

I know it's not there because I have being looking for it too. I don't know why but these last 2 weeks my reviews have taken forever to appear, but I cannot complain as after you submit a review BFG does say that it can take up to 72 hours!

I only posted my review on here as I felt so very sorry for DesertHermit about being cut off from reading anything.

Very strange cat goings on in my house - I did not finish eating my lunch today and left 2 lettuce leaves and approx 10-15 small prawns in mayonaise on my desk. Guess what my cats ate - the lettuce! So if they aren't eaten by the time I wake up tomorrow Dax can have them as I don't think he likes lettuce.

Edited on 04/16/2015 at 3:09:50 PM PST

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Apr 16, 15 3:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all the replies, and thanks also Dax for the great review. Despite some comments I've seen on here - it's not the opinion or likes and dislikes that make a review good, it's the amount of information given, and I always appreciate your reviews, great info to help me make up my own mind.

Can you tell me though....as it happens, I just finished playing the first Ominous Objects - Family Portrait (I'm a little backlogged, lol). I enjoyed the hos and puzzles and adventure, but 3 strikes caused it to end up in my delete file - the zooms with notes and such that remain permanently open and sparkly (argh - a pet peeve) -
annoyingly awful vos - and a totally useless map. Any improvement on those fronts for this new offering?

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 15 4:12 PM
Hi DesertHermit

I had no problems at all with this game or the previous one. Apart from a mini game which featured a ship's wheel were you had to rotate it to the the correct mirror into the correct slot. However because it was a working day for me today, I signed out for a few hours and when I signed back in later all was ok.

I thought this game was good because I wanted to play a "not so challenging" game but one that flowed relativly easily as I was in the mood for that today.

The backlog of my games that I have purchased but not played is huge, believe it or not, I bought the very first Mayan Prophecies but have never played it.

Play the demo DesertHermit and you will know if you like or not - we are all different.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 17, 15 8:07 AM
Well this was a first for me, being a BF member for almost 8yrs, I also wasn't able to get the reviews, on the main game page.
So a HUGE thank you, to all you fishies, for the information about clearing your browser history wouldn't have figured that out on my own .

I also got this game with the HUGE coupon, so well worth it, I really enjoyed the relaxing game play, Mr. Jenkins, and using the goggles, so very happy with my purchase

Go to: