sun power ups??

[Post New]by echopris on Apr 16, 15 3:17 PM
how do you get this? mine is grayed out.

Re:sun power ups??

[Post New]by echopris on Apr 16, 15 6:11 PM
really???? 5 views and nobody could give me an answer????

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Apr 17, 15 8:38 PM
I am having the same problem. I'm on a mac. I could not find any of the powerups in 5 or 6 (haven't played any of the others). No hammers, suns or anything? Would love to know how to access them (or maybe they don't work on the mac version)?

[Post New]by mnkysmom on Apr 19, 15 7:33 AM
Having the same issue….no pick ax or suns. Just the grayed out area. I'm on
a Mac as well, and I'm starting to think that is the problem here. I have the other
games in this series, and none of them offer any kind of power ups.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 17, 15 5:45 PM

I'm having the same issue, but I don't think this has anything to do with being on a Mac.

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 5:45:21 PM PST

[Post New]by LovesMusic43 on May 17, 15 10:31 PM
I also have no access to the sun power up. Wish I DID!!

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Sep 2, 15 2:49 PM
I have played 7, 8 and 9 on an iMac. Sun is grayed out, no power ups.
I've tried right clicking, clicking on various parts of the border under the penguin, etc. and posted comments about this in the 8 and 9 forums.

This has been going on all year. I wish the PTB would do something about it, even just to say, "Power ups not available on a Mac."

[Post New]by clueless82156 on Sep 15, 15 2:54 PM
DITTO - I am having the same problem. I'm on a mac. I could not find any of the powerups in 4 the 9. No hammers, suns or anything? Would love to know how to access them?

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Nov 29, 15 1:06 PM
I'm not playing on a Mac so I don't know why it isn't working. Usually the sun power up charges as you play & the hammer charges by clicking on certain tiles that have hammer charges hidden beneath them, just like finding hints under certain tiles. It's not fair to the Mac players to have no power ups.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 10, 16 5:50 PM

I'll be honest, I've never seen a hammer and have no idea what the game is talking about when it tells me to use the hammer if I need assistance.

I have completed all the Fantasy Mosaics games that have been released to date, and I have still never seen any hammer nor anything that even remotely resembles a hammer.

What the heck IS the hammer, anyway? Where is it? What does it look like? What does it do?

Can someone at least answer for me these very basic questions about this hammer that I've never seen?

I have played all of these games on my 17" MacBook Pro, a computer on which I have never experienced technical issues that I can remember. If there were any, they must have been minor because I don't remember having any tech problems on any game.

But, could someone please at least answer for me those basic questions: What is the hammer? Where is it? What does it look like? What does it do?

Many thanks to anyone who can be of any assistance to me.

Bookwyrm
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bookwyrm on Jan 30, 16 12:12 PM
Look at the funny shaped item on the far right side of your screen. The penguin is at the top with the hints. Under that (on my PC) are two rectangular inset boxes -- one holds the "hammer" (which is not a hammer, but a pickaxe) and the other holds the "sun".
The pickaxe is used to break one of the empty squares (your choice) to see if there is a colored piece under it.
This confused nomenclature is what happens when games are put together by techs who do not have English as their primary language.
Hope this helps!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Feb 21, 16 3:34 PM
Bookwyrm wrote:Look at the funny shaped item on the far right side of your screen. The penguin is at the top with the hints. Under that (on my PC) are two rectangular inset boxes -- one holds the "hammer" (which is not a hammer, but a pickaxe) and the other holds the "sun".
The pickaxe is used to break one of the empty squares (your choice) to see if there is a colored piece under it.
This confused nomenclature is what happens when games are put together by techs who do not have English as their primary language.
Hope this helps!

Many thanks for your kind reply, and especially for notifying me by PM that you'd answered my question. I'd forgotten about asking it, but since I am playing FM8 right now, I still see that grayed-out sun and nothing at all resembling a hammer.

I don't know; after reading all these posts again, it is starting to sound like a Mac issue to me. I'm just so protective of Macs from rumors that there are "certain things" people can't do on a Mac and all the other inaccurate statements that have been made in the multi-decade Mac vs PC battle.

However, I can finally accept that this must be an issue with Macs, but it isn't the fault of the Macs, just the ignorance of the developer.

I have to wonder about the ineptness of the developer to release dozens of Fantasy Mosaics (they are up to about 32 now, aren't they? ) with a ongoing technical problem that they surely must know about by now and still not send fixes. Not only do they not send fixes for the earlier games, they continue to release new games every few weeks (so it seems) with the bug still there.

You'd think they would have figured it out by now, wouldn't you?

Oh, well. Thank you, anyway. Maybe the developer should hire you since you seem to promptly respond with help to the questions of people.

Go to: