Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 17, 15 1:15 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/17/2015 at 10:06:04 AM PST

sn665
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside here.

[Post New]by sn665 on Apr 17, 15 2:44 AM
The voice audio is very poor. Barely audible.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 17, 15 10:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Apr 17, 15 10:20 AM
Game crashes after mechanical heron catches frog and you take frog from the pond. Happened twice, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still happened.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Apr 17, 15 3:36 PM
No full screen, desktop shows all around and hint button isn't lit so unable to use. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. I'm on Windows 7 and have no problem with any other games. Help please.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Apr 17, 15 4:15 PM
I'm in the room where Amanda is at the top of the stairs and she's cracked the floor. I'm wanting to back out of the room but my pointer won't change to the right one. HELP!

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 15 2:56 AM
lynwil wrote:No full screen, desktop shows all around and hint button isn't lit so unable to use. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. I'm on Windows 7 and have no problem with any other games. Help please.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 15 3:01 AM
I have no full screen either. No way of opening it up. Only close down button and minimise working. Had everything working on the Collectors Edition but decided just to go for Standard Edition. No facility in Options for full screen or wide screen.
I'm on Vista.

flags1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by flags1 on May 23, 15 10:29 AM
Aaaa - Ha --- the reason the Hint doesn't work is because you are in the hardest level. It works all the time in Casual -- works and is slow in Advanced. BUT the higher level says "you're on your own - no helps, no hints, nada".

dee127
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by dee127 on Aug 12, 15 3:32 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have no full screen either. No way of opening it up. Only close down button and minimise working. Had everything working on the Collectors Edition but decided just to go for Standard Edition. No facility in Options for full screen or wide screen.
I'm on Vista.

I am on PC Windows 7 and have same problem with CE PLUS, after playing for a while, I can no longer play----when I click on PLAY button, the screen just goes back to the PLAY screen again. I reloaded with no difference.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 13, 15 3:21 PM
Hi dee127,

I'm sorry to hear the game keeps going back to the "Play" screen when you try to open it.

To start, we've found that the steps in the following help article can also help with the issue that you're seeing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help or if anyone is experiencing a different issue, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by tobermory on Aug 14, 15 2:32 AM
I also had no full screen but were able to change it in Options - simply click on this option!

[Post New]by mothramc on Aug 18, 15 3:24 PM
For some reason I can't get this game to be full screen. Alll my other games seem to be able to do full screen.

[Post New]by mothramc on Aug 18, 15 3:36 PM
Thanks Tobermory--worked for me too

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Sep 3, 15 9:25 AM
My hints button all of a sudden decided to stop working... what the heck.? I'm on a PC windows 7. I've closed out the game and re-opened it but still no hint button.
Please advise.

Go to: