bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 18, 15 12:29 AM
Brought to you by GrandMA Studios, makers of Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams and the Whispered Secrets series!

You've been summoned to Creatos to save Princess Espera, who has been attacked and ensnared by magical vines. But when a group of strange monsters arrives suddenly and captures the Queen, you quickly realize that the princess' plight was just a distraction. Without its Queen, the World of Fantasies will begin to crumble... and once Creatos falls, the rest of the world will soon be destroyed! Now, you must set out on a journey through several magical worlds. Can you reveal the villain, return the Queen, and restore balance to the world in time? Find out in this gorgeous Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

sammiJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sammiJ on Apr 18, 15 2:09 AM
Wow. Let me just say that while this is a visually stunning game, the artwork got lost with trying to figure out what to do. I want to like it, but after finishing the trial with 25 minutes left, I'm completely confused! There is SO much going on that the story got lost somewhere along the way. I'm literally shaking my head wondering what I just played! It seemed to be all over the place, with distracting floaty jellyfish looking things, then you have to find shards that are really blended into all the colors. Like I said, too much going on, and thank God for the map as I was completely lost! I will try again on my laptop, but MORE anything is not always BETTER. Hopefully the other fishies will have more luck, and I will read comments and reviews to see if I'm the only confused one here! Good luck all!!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 18, 15 3:19 AM
Couldn't have said it better!! Beautiful...but to confusing and to much going on. Where am I...what am I doing....what's the next move I'm supposed to make. You said it so well sammij.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 18, 15 3:33 AM
i tried to like it too but like the others said there is so much going on that its hard to get into the story (english isnt my native tongue) i used the hint button alot and even with that i didnt understand alot of the story, even with the code i wont buy it

cisca

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 18, 15 4:00 AM
I agree with what was said too. I was wondering if the game takes place under water what with all the jelly-fish floating around. Hard to tell. It is pretty enough if not a bit washed out color wise but as commented, quite confusing. I clicked an area by accident and lo and behold up popped a place for the owl to go. I thought the first hidden object scene was innovative but fun once you figured out what they wanted you to do.
I must say I am getting tired of games with vines or tentacles flying around and capturing people...come on developers...think of some other way. I will buy the game because of the sale...I don't think I would have paid full price. As was said...thank goodness for the MAP.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Apr 18, 15 5:31 AM
Not sure what to think...yet. I may get this game. We asked for something a little different and I think this game is it. I sort of like it.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 18, 15 5:31 AM
I kinda liked it, but the puzzles were too easy, even using the harder option. I think the jellyfish are there to make the shards harder to find. I like how it tells you that you've found all 3 in the location.
It seems like a foo-foo French Poodle type of game, all girly and gussied up, I prefer a good murder mystery type game but I actually think I will get this one when it comes out in SE form, for some reason all that cotton candy, princessy stuff appealed to me.

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by nicklin60 on Apr 18, 15 5:36 AM
I think this game is fabulous you have not given it enough time it is well worth buying and the jelly fish are only a slight distraction, do try it

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 18, 15 5:37 AM
Count me in. Too much going on, too many jelly fish, too many gimmicks. The art is fantastic! The story is OK. The game play is just all over the place. I do like that there are lots of minis but some are a stretch, some don't make much sense and some are good.

There are so many jellyfish that I kept thinking that maybe I was somehow supposed to do something with them but clicking on them or trying to catch them resulted in nothing. There were, in the Demo, one or two games that used the jellyfish but most of the time they are just pretty and confusing (in the way).

There are some new and different minis, some enjoyable and some made me feel like I didn't know the language. I used a lot of Hints.

The goggle gimmick sitting above the Hint button was not only annoying and not especially Fun but every time I used a Hint I was told that I didn't need to use that or I had already used it or whatever. I could seldom get a Hint without accidentally clicking on the Gimmick. Also, that Gimmick has three parts to it and I sometimes forgot the third part and had a problem - not a bad problem just a bit aggravating.

Sometimes I buy a game just for the graphics. If I ever buy this one, it will be during a two-fer sale when I can't find a second game and settle for a pretty one.

Sorry Devs, I can see that a lot of work was put into this one but maybe you overdid it. I thought the Demo would never end. I played for 89 min. and it seemed like four hours.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 18, 15 6:33 AM
Jeepers' there is definitely a lot to take in on this game....
Still undecided and almost out of demo time.
Hmmm....
The sale might sway me

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 18, 15 6:49 AM
I agree with sammiJ. Graphics are really nice but the game is way too confusing. Looks to me like the defs just tried to cram every idea they had into one game. And how many broken emblems do I need to fix?

I ended up just pushing the hint button to see where I need to go next.

And a pet peeve of mine.....I ALWAYS turn the voices off. So if you put the voice off into your options I expect them to be completely turned off, not just half the time.

As for the collectible shards....if you want me to find them, kindly make them halfway visible. Some of them I found by pure chance.

Maybe I'm just not awake enough, I just felt rather drowned by this game.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 18, 15 6:53 AM
I ABSOLUTELY love this game!!!
It is keeping all of my attention. I am getting lost in time and that is exactly what I want from a game. I didn't even notice the jellyfish until they were mentioned, I was so involved. There is so much to do in just one scene at a time which means this game will last for a while. As opposed to other developer's games that are so fast paced, I can take my time, I don't feel rushed. And I am not getting lost. I didn't have to use the map once because I became so familiar with the scenes. The hog's are fun. The minis are ok so far. I bought it. I played the whole demo. Thank you to the the developers and Big Fish Games. 5 STARS!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 18, 15 7:09 AM
Have to agree with above comments. Very confusing and just too much of everything going on. A real Hodgepodge of a game. Less would have definitely been better.

ETA: I have to say I liked the first Hos scene, very well done. Maybe this game is starting to grow on me (but hold the vines lol).

Edited on 04/18/2015 at 9:43:10 AM PST

[Post New]by pisces3959 on Apr 18, 15 7:34 AM
I have to agree with Biomix...awesome game so far..makes you think for a change. If you just take your time, you will get used to the scenery and it's great that there are not HOS one after the other. Played new Cadenza, and that was very disappointing. This game is way better.

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Apr 18, 15 8:38 AM
I am completely with Biomix! I love this game! As Biomix said "it's keeping all of my attention"... well it's certainly using up a lot of MY little grey cells! Ha!

With so many of the new games you do a couple of easy tasks in each scene and then you're off to another scene, so the game keeps your attention by giving you a lot of scenes...but then the same old, same old tasks. I'm kinda of surprised that this is a Grandma game. I've played a couple of their games and though I enjoyed them, they were nothing as innovative as this one!

This game IS VERY ornate in it's artwork. And you are definitely challenged to look at every thing...! It's one of those where you have to take your time to analyze the scene. Check out the pop-up scenes...do what you can in each one. Sometimes a pop-up area may rely on you also visiting another pop-up area to complete the first area...this is especially true in the Palace Hall... I know! Jeesh! Hopefully, that info will make sense to you.., and help a little. It is a different style than most of the games here. I think it's definitely worth taking your time to check out. Still, it just may not be your kind of game....different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I'm having a terrific time checking out all the different integrated areas in order to find the path to the solution. It's like the whole game is one big puzzle to put together!

Anyway it's a buy for me and I'm looking forward to exploring this very beautiful and interesting puzzle game!!

Happy gaming to all.
PaulaSan

Edited on 04/18/2015 at 8:50:38 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 18, 15 2:07 PM
I agree with a lot of the comments about the game being a bit confusing mainly because there were so many things to do in just one scene. But by the time I reached 1 hour's play my brain had sorted itself out and I think I had an 80% idea of where the devs were going with this. So I bought it straight away with the 60% off code.

I started playing at 8am (UK) time and stopped playing at 9pm (UK) time with approx 2.5 hours off for walking the dogs, shopping for the cats and housework, and I have only just reached Chapter 4!! Will I ever get to Chapter 6 or the Bonus Game??

I love Mini Games/Puzzles and never skip them until today, I'm shedding a tear now as I could not work it out even after viewing the Strategy Guide so had to skip it. Some of the puzzles are really HARD.

I didn't mind the jelly fish at all but further into the game there is a another similar puzzle with butterfiles instead of jelly fish and they are a lot more difficult to move around than the jelly fish were.

If I recall one of the Grandma games was slated as being far too easy, well as a Grandma myself she has come back with a vengeance and given us everything anyone complained about in this game. Go, Grandma, go.

[Removed by Moderator]

Dax

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 8:54:57 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 18, 15 2:45 PM

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 8:55:11 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 19, 15 1:08 PM
Confused about this game, absolutely gorgeous graphics, I adored the first hour, after that the scenery changed but the demo ended there. A lot to do indeed, could hardly keep up with all the running around and remembering where what to put or use, but the extreme long demo ( ) got me engrossed to the end.
But the fact remains that it did give me a headache by looking for shards I couldn't find.
So I guess I will go for the SE, no headache and beautiful things to admire while exploring!

Edited on 04/19/2015 at 1:09:16 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 19, 15 6:03 PM
I like to thank GrandMa Studios for a wonderful game. It is entertaining and interesting, and not your usual "no need to think while you play" type of game.

I enjoy looking for the shards, and the fact that they are part of what I can get later for finding them. (Never did care for collectables that have no purpose). I also very much enjoy the different types of HOS. The first one especially was very unique. Loved it, and was glad to see I was able to do that one again.

Thank you!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 20, 15 11:09 PM
I have now finished the game, found all the shards, and played the bonus chapter and the little extra game that was included.

This was a very well done game. Loved everything about it. Never got bored, which is saying a lot, because HOGs usually bore me after 1 1/2 - 2 hours or so.

Thank you again, GrandMA Studios, for this wonderful game.

Go to: