Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 18, 15 12:49 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/18/2015 at 11:51:50 AM PST

Runrama2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Runrama2 on Apr 18, 15 7:49 AM
Using Microsoft Windows 7 32bit. At first I got an access violation when trying to enter, then it worked the second time but crashed during the opening movie.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stasibug on Apr 18, 15 8:49 AM
Ran fine for a while and suddenly got access violation and crash. Went back in and seems to be ok for now. Still using XP. Happened again in bonus game and at extras screen.

Edited on 04/19/2015 at 7:21:39 AM PST

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Apr 18, 15 10:36 AM
No sound. Windows 7. Went into Control Panel and did a test on volume and speakers, no issues there, they are working perfectly. Strikes me as very odd when I downloaded the game and could not hear anything. To me, that's half of the appeal in a game.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

[Post New]by onecalidoc68 on Apr 18, 15 10:46 AM
Yes,no sound...never had this happen.....wonder why

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 18, 15 11:07 AM
I'm having the same issues on Windows 7. Beta for game had no issues but now with today's release, terrible sound issues. I do have music but no other sounds just a scratchiness. I'm going to reboot, delete the game and reinstall to see what happens after that.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collectr's Edition here.

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Apr 18, 15 11:35 AM
Beautiful game, great story and vo's. One problem....looooong black screen between scenes. Is anyone else having that problem?

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 18, 15 11:51 AM
I did what I mentioned above: deleted the game, rebooted and then reinstalled the game from my purchase history and everything works. Sound is now not an issue. Weird how that happened the first time I installed the game.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 18, 15 11:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 18, 15 1:56 PM
Screen freeze on SG. Was working ok then everytime I have to restart game to continue..win 7 home premium edition. 64 tried on the 32 same prob.

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Apr 18, 15 5:43 PM
siscokid wrote:No sound. Windows 7. Went into Control Panel and did a test on volume and speakers, no issues there, they are working perfectly. Strikes me as very odd when I downloaded the game and could not hear anything. To me, that's half of the appeal in a game.

I'm having the same issue- Windows 8. All my other games play with sound just fine, so I know it's not a system issue, but obviously there's an issue with this game. I won't buy a game that has no sound. I hope there's an update to fix this- was really looking forward to buying this game!

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Apr 18, 15 5:57 PM
silverfairy31 wrote:
siscokid wrote:No sound. Windows 7. Went into Control Panel and did a test on volume and speakers, no issues there, they are working perfectly. Strikes me as very odd when I downloaded the game and could not hear anything. To me, that's half of the appeal in a game.

I'm having the same issue- Windows 8. All my other games play with sound just fine, so I know it's not a system issue, but obviously there's an issue with this game. I won't buy a game that has no sound. I hope there's an update to fix this- was really looking forward to buying this game!

UPDATE!: DELETED, REBOOTED BY COMPUTER & RE-INSTALLED AND NOW THERE'S SOUND!

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Apr 18, 15 5:58 PM
onecalidoc68 wrote:Yes,no sound...never had this happen.....wonder why

delete, reboot your computer, and then re-install the game- the sound should work. good luck!

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Apr 18, 15 8:11 PM
When I tried the time trial, my cursor won't work at all on the page where the King is holding the vine, in case his daughter falls. I got to the point where I collected the Lion Jewel. Then my cursor went all crazy, & wouldn't work at all. I couldn't even click on the Menu button, had to do control, alt, delete to get out. I WAS interested in maybe buying this game. I have the other Reflections of Life game, but, if I can't play it on the time trial, I'm not too interested in buying it.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Apr 18, 15 8:51 PM
They definitely are going to have to do a fix for this game. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, & it let me play until I got to the princess's room. Then the cursor went all haywire again. I'm definitely not going to waste my money on this game, as long as it's like it is.
UPDATE: The next night I tried again, & it let me play the entire time trial. However, it drags every time you change screens. I have the other Reflections of Life game, & never had a problem with it. The story is interesting, but, I'm not going to waste my money on a game filled with glitches. I've had several games with issues lately, but Big Fish always handles it. They give me the option of trying to fix the problem, (which the steps they give never fix the problem), or a replacement game. That's one reason I stick with Big Fish~their customer service.

Edited on 04/27/2015 at 6:36:58 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 19, 15 12:26 AM
sha49tn1 wrote:They definitely are going to have to do a fix for this game. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, & it let me play until I got to the princess's room. Then the cursor went all haywire again. I'm definitely not going to waste my money on this game, as long as it's like it is.

I never use the custom cursor, always the system one. Running Win7 Professional on a desktop PC and I'm having no issues with the cursor at all.

And no technical issues with any other part of this game.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 19, 15 2:28 AM
I could not play this game, first as others mentioned , no sound, and the cursor did hardly move at all.. Trying to pick something up but the object just floaded in the air, and literally took minutes to get back or go in inventory.

Not playable thus...

-----------------------------

Update; Deleted and re-installed and game worked with sound and pretty smoothly. Only the scene changes remained black for a few seconds!

Updat 2; I wanted to play on today, but again no sound.. don't want to loose my progress by re installing.. What to do??

Edited on 05/25/2015 at 7:15:54 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 19, 15 7:47 AM
Wanted to try it. Couldn't. Nothing but error messages. Too bad.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 19, 15 7:51 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I never use the custom cursor, always the system one. Running Win7 Professional on a desktop PC and I'm having no issues with the cursor at all.

And no technical issues with any other part of this game.

I use a Win7 - 64 bit laptop, and have no problems either. Even the custom cursor works fine with me.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Apr 19, 15 11:41 AM
I can't play the hidden chapter! I finished the shards puzzle, but have 4 extra pieces with no place to use them. Anyone else have this problem?

Go to: