melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

mirror shards

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Apr 18, 15 5:11 PM
Okay, I've gotten to the place where you get the crystal ice, and, according to the SG, there should be three mirror shards. I've found all the shards up to this point, and, even using the SG, I can't find them. Any help.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:mirror shards

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 18, 15 5:29 PM
If this is where the rope was tied (before the owl & symbols mini-game), then, the 3 shards were at: Bottom left (at base of rock column), bottom right (just above owl's head) and last one was sort of middle (bottom of temple's stone column) towards left.

Hope this helps as I don't know how else to describe the exact locations!

ETA: Exact locations

Edited on 04/19/2015 at 2:20:49 PM PST

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 19, 15 7:21 AM
Does anybody know if you can go back to collect any shards you may have missed, once you have finished the game?

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 19, 15 7:48 AM
Yes, you can even if you haven't finished the game via "Extras ->Shards" which shows locations for any remaining shards.

ETA:During the game, I could revisit locations only within a portal. Once I entered a new portal, all previous locations got locked. No lock sign showed on map but when I clicked, it said "I can't go there".

Edited on 04/22/2015 at 8:21:11 PM PST

midnyter5555
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by midnyter5555 on Apr 19, 15 8:45 AM
same here its Equlibrium cave far left on map screen,,,no shards in the scene,,

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 19, 15 9:21 AM
I had the same issue in the cave too. I couldn't find them no matter what so I resorted to the SG according to which the location does have mirror shards to find. However, the indicator that pops up at the left showing how many shards you have found in each location, wasn't showing any mirror shards available for this particular scene. I still haven't finished the game so I don't know with how many shards I'm going to end up... And I did try to pick them up from the extras but without any luck as there isn't a way to go back to this location... Could this be a glitch or something?

Edited on 04/19/2015 at 1:15:07 PM PST

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 19, 15 1:00 PM
I was confused by this, too, but it appears that this is actually the same location you were in earlier (before the "tightrope walking" minigame), but in daylight rather than in the dark - if you look at the two scenes in the SG, the shard locations are exactly the same. The "dark" version of the scene doesn't appear on the map, either.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 19, 15 1:18 PM
Thank you for explaining this, bobhillman. It makes sense now.

CIassyDash
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by CIassyDash on Apr 19, 15 2:34 PM

Edited on 04/20/2015 at 9:20:01 AM PST

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 19, 15 2:44 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Is there an English translation of that, please?

Edited on 04/20/2015 at 11:08:40 AM PST

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 19, 15 3:23 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

For more this, you might be interested in the reply I gave the same cretin in the thread "runes through lens". I really the don't know what he/she means about "creating art", but if I wanted to do something similar, I'd find somewhere far better than a forum which, is more or less, text based!!

Edited on 04/20/2015 at 11:10:51 AM PST

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Apr 19, 15 7:06 PM
Not fair! I still can't find the mirror shards. I found the first set of shards before your rope over the chasm bit and the cave with the owl sight. I then came to the next scene where, supposedly, the mirror shards there are in the same place as the last set. I've looked all over, and still can't find these shards. I'm getting frustrated here.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Apr 22, 15 4:37 PM
So far, no one has been able to help me on this. I realize that there are two views of the Cave of Equilibrium (night is first, followed by day). You have to get the rope, play an HOP to get the dagger, lasso the lamp with the owl's help, tightrope walk to said lamp and chip ice away in order to get the lamp, play an HOP to get the light crystal to put into the lamp to go through the cave gathering the rune signs. I was able to find the mirror shards in the first part of this, but, even though the SG says that the mirror shards in the second part are in the same areas, I could not find this. So far, everyone who's tried to help keeps saying the same thing, in that you have to keep looking. Is this game rigged or something, because I can't find these mirror shards no matter what I try. Any real help would be appreciated. For now, i'm giving it a rest, and will go back to it later.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 22, 15 8:11 PM
@melmer1423:

My first reply was based on demo. So, I didn't know the night/ day bit. Now that I've played post-demo:

Cave Equil. (night or day) has ONLY 3 shards in TOTAL - you've already found all of them. The pull-out tab confirms it.

What the SG shows (3 other shards) could be in the hidden chapter* which could also be the Cave? I'm still playing and don't know where/ what the hidden part is. This could be the confusion?

*ETA: Now finished playing, hidden 'chapter' has no shards.
So, @ 3 shards per location: Main = 84, Bonus = 30.

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 8:59:36 PM PST

DJG1122
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by DJG1122 on Apr 29, 15 2:39 PM
Same thing happened to me in the cave. No shards. My count said 18 shards. However, when I cleared the snow and went forward and cleared the shards from the next scene, my count said I had 24.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Apr 30, 15 7:19 PM
Okay Fishies. I've finished the game. There are 114 mirror shards to be collected between the main story and the bonus. What confused me was that, according the SG, it seemed as if there's more. But that's it. Once you've finished the main game and bonus, then you get the hidden puzzle. Thanks to everyone who helped with this. It made up for the absolutely horrible day that I've had. Good luck to all of you in the future.

[Post New]by Kits12314 on Jul 19, 15 2:57 PM
Please help! I can't find the last mirror shard in Phobius, in the location with the witch in the tree and so on, Ash somethig it's called. Found the green one and the violet one, but not the blue one. Mum even tried to help me, but we can't find the third shard! Have been racking our eyes, so to speak, yet to no avail! Can anyone please give us a hint on where it is? Thanks in advance!

Go to: