Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of Neuschwanstein here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 20, 15 1:04 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/20/2015 at 6:37:47 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of Neuschwanstein here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 15 6:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery of Neuschwanstein here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery of Neuschwanstein.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 20, 15 2:04 PM
It's a bit dated and rough in places but still a nice SE offering for HOPA players. I enjoyed the extra dialogue that helped develop the storyline but it can be skipped. Some items were small and easily missed but it encouraged me to slow down and take in everything. I think the voice of Sarah Hamilton was a little too monotone at times and could have showed more emotion. HO scenes were the usual seek and find in the scene and a few were small but findable. Items in your inventory might also be needed to complete an HO and it took a few scenes before I remembered to always check. I skipped several puzzles during the demo in order to have more time to get a sense of the overall feel of the game and story and while they were a bit dated, they were still fun and fit the tone of the game. Since I'll be starting a new profile after purchase, I'll be able to take the time to solve them myself. There is a transportable Map that also shows the areas where Tasks still need to be performed and the Hint system, for the most part, was very effective and helpful.

Very little hand holding, a lot of dialogue that fleshes out the story, decent puzzles, and a demo that left me wanting to play more makes this game a purchase for me. I hope others also find it enjoyable.

Thank You and the Developers for a very nice game.

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Apr 20, 15 3:00 PM
what happened to the REVIEWS of games.????? on the main game page.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 20, 15 3:22 PM
Hi all. There have been very few games that I just cannot even finish a demo, but this is one of them. Graphics are somewhat blurry, very old school and animation was stiff. Haven't seen one like this for quite some time. Game play was good, no problems. Music was very monotone and got old very quickly. Voice overs were okay, but nothing special.

Since I didn't finish the demo, I am not going to comment any further, except to say that some items are extremely small and difficult to see, so watch the eye strain.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Apr 20, 15 4:08 PM
I had to leave this game with 32 minutes left on the demo. It is absolutely dreadful. Stars should be taken away from it!!!!!!!

Cartoonish with one dimension graphics & they are quite dark. Nothing moves.

The reporters VO sounds very bored & the others like they are reading from a script without a natural conversation flow.

HOG are dark, messy & very cluttered. I don't think if you had the eyes of an eagle it would help.

The dialogue goes on & on as the story plods along.

More power to those that found some redeeming qualities to this offering but I just don't see it.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Apr 20, 15 5:20 PM
Agree with nontechiegranny. Did not finish demo. One of the worst games I have played in a long time.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 20, 15 10:11 PM
I did not like this game at all. I agree with so of the other reviews in that there was too much dialogue that, IMO, didn't contribute to the storyline, the VO of the main character was wooden, HO scenes were often dark, some objects were really small, and the story wasn't really interesting to me. It could have been a really good game, but there are too many things that I don't like about it to even use a PCC on a bonus punch day to get it.

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Apr 21, 15 12:53 PM
There was much dialogue but it did make for an interesting story. There is the option to skip the dialogue for those who really dislike it. I enjoyed the game very much. I rarely skip a puzzle but there were a few I just could not conquer. I like the fact that I can play the game on hard but change the difficulty just when I need to skip a puzzle. I hope we get more games like this one. I like the need to search everything and use various tools even in the HOG scenes. Good game!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 15 3:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for taking time to place their reviews in this particular thread.

I'm going to include below a link to this particular game page with more reviews:

Mystery of Neuschwanstein. If you are unable to see the reviews, please contact the Customer Support Team. They can help offer troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions!

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Apr 21, 15 5:25 PM
I wanted to like this game but I just couldn't. I played 20 minutes of the demo and most of it was just dialogue. Not buying this one.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 22, 15 12:33 AM
Congratulations to anyone that lasted 20 minutes or more! I was done in under 5 minutes! With so many better games out there, this one is ridiculous and BFG is really scraping the bottom of the barrel to bring us a new game everyday! Don't waste your time on this one!

Suzzzzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzzzz on Apr 22, 15 6:18 PM
I enjoyed the game, but it was more of an adventure game than a hidden objects game. I am finding most of the new hidden object games repetitive and boring. Games with puzzles and finding things as you go is more interesting for me. I wish there were more straight large file adventure games. I prefer games that work my brain a little.

[Post New]by Islandphish on Apr 28, 15 11:19 AM
I started off not liking it, but it grew on me as the game went on. I know I have been spoiled over the years as games have got more and more sophisticated, but this one took me back to the old "hidden object" basics and once the end was reached I was sorry there wasn't more. Having said that, there was a "bonus chapter" which I wasn't expecting since this wasn't a CE. It started fine, but now I am unable to progress any further, so if anyone else out there has gone the same route as me, perhaps they would be kind enough to tell me how to get beyond the catacombs!

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 30, 15 11:32 PM
I really wanted to like this game, but it left me cold, and bored out of my mind. I didn't like any of the characters, the hidden object scenes were too easy, and the story moved so slooooooow I couldn't take it.

The graphics for the background scenery were bright and well done, but the characters were wooden and spoke so slowly I wanted to pull the words out of their mouths. Regular gameplay was boring because it was just too easy. There was no element of surprise at all, nothing, and I really wanted to like this game because of its location.

I give it 2 thumbs up, which is a no buy for me.

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of Neuschwanstein here.

[Post New]by deedeefstr on May 8, 15 4:25 PM
i can,t get past the lab where it says to analise the letter

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 9, 15 2:57 PM
Hi deedeefstr,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is some trouble progressing in this particular game with the letter. It may be helpful to take a look at the following thread for hints:

anaylise letter

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by deedeefstr on May 10, 15 9:29 AM
can,t get past the lab where it ask to analyze the letter

Go to: