blood ties

[Post New]by postal_nana on Jan 14, 08 2:43 AM
anyone else played blood ties yet? Loved the madam fate. it has been the best game so far. but blood ties is a good game. until the end. how does that tablet fit together.???? seems one piece is not shaped correctly at least on my version. spent about 3 hours trying the pieces differnt ways and it doesnt seem to do anything. maybe it isnt supposed to ..... i thought perhaps it would glow or something when it was assembled correctly. except the one piece wont fit. i will problably go thru the entire game again and copy the pieces as i find them so i can check it at the end and make sure i have the pieces right. have fun .

 
oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 14, 08 4:17 AM
postal_nana wrote:anyone else played blood ties yet? Loved the madam fate. it has been the best game so far. but blood ties is a good game. until the end. how does that tablet fit together.???? seems one piece is not shaped correctly at least on my version. spent about 3 hours trying the pieces differnt ways and it doesnt seem to do anything. maybe it isnt supposed to ..... i thought perhaps it would glow or something when it was assembled correctly. except the one piece wont fit. i will problably go thru the entire game again and copy the pieces as i find them so i can check it at the end and make sure i have the pieces right. have fun .

I absolutely agree w/you about Mme. Fate. Blood Ties is pretty good; but I played it primarily because I am a fan of the books by Tanya Huff on which it is based. The sound effects for each location were quite good.

That ending puzzle was really hard. I finally had to use the pattern to connect them as the shapes aren't exact matches. It does not snap together the way other puzzles do. I had to play w/each piece before it connected. Another reason that Beta tests should allow the tester to complete the game. I tried it out in Beta but only got 3-4 cases in by the end of the hour test period.

Good luck with the puzzle!

 

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by MaryLouB on Jan 16, 08 9:40 PM
I downloaded the 1 hour trial and got half the cases done. Not sure I will be buying this one.

 
EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jan 24, 08 1:02 PM
I brought Blood Ties and played the game. It was a pretty good game. Though I did not like the ending.

 

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by colleenandlar on Jan 27, 08 1:39 PM
I got to the end of Blood Ties, trying to piece the tablet together, but, I can't get the pieces to rotate. Then, I try to close the window and quit the game, and it's just frozen. There's no way to get out of it. Any ideas?

 
oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 27, 08 6:03 PM
colleenandlar wrote:I got to the end of Blood Ties, trying to piece the tablet together, but, I can't get the pieces to rotate. Then, I try to close the window and quit the game, and it's just frozen. There's no way to get out of it. Any ideas?


As far as I remember, the pieces don't rotate. If you can't solve it, exit by pressing all at one time Control + Alt + Delete keys. Open task manager and highlight the game title then click end task. This is usually a last resort that works. It may tell you that you will lose all unsaved work but that usually only means the jigsaw. Since you did not complete it that should not be a problem.

Good luck!

 

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by bworkman on Jan 28, 08 2:02 PM
I don't know if this is from "blood ties"?can anyone tell me how to solve the multi colored tiles? there are 4 on the right side and and blank window on the left. I can figure out the first move which is to the left, from there the tiles increases to 6 and there is where i'm stuck. I can't move on to another game to quit, this puzzle is the only one that comes up. any help?

 
oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 28, 08 3:52 PM
bworkman wrote:I don't know if this is from "blood ties"?can anyone tell me how to solve the multi colored tiles? there are 4 on the right side and and blank window on the left. I can figure out the first move which is to the left, from there the tiles increases to 6 and there is where i'm stuck. I can't move on to another game to quit, this puzzle is the only one that comes up. any help?


Blood Ties is another game that has no forum.

Read the MF topic - Reveal Your Fate - Crystal Ball Puzzle. The puzzles are explained and there is a guide.

If you need more help, try Googling Madame Fate Walkthroughs Sally to see the completed puzzles. If you have a color printer, you can paste the answers in a doc., increase the size slightly and have a cheat sheet to follow.

Good luck!

 
scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by scotcat on Jan 29, 08 3:46 AM
Blood Ties was a snooze fest for me. Very disappointed. Too easy and no mini games. It would have been better with some mini games & the end puzzle was kinda lame. :-(

 
Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by Wayner33 on Feb 8, 08 4:45 PM
I agree. The game was way too easy and the end was a flop. I went through the whole game without using any hints.

 

Re: blood ties

[Post New]by gma128 on Aug 8, 09 6:52 AM
colleenandlar wrote:I got to the end of Blood Ties, trying to piece the tablet together, but, I can't get the pieces to rotate. Then, I try to close the window and quit the game, and it's just frozen. There's no way to get out of it. Any ideas?


I got stuck there also. I put the puzzle together, but game wouldn't advance, so I hit ctrl+alt+del, to get out of game.

 

Re:blood ties

[Post New]by wizardwitch on Dec 20, 09 6:30 AM
After all the great games I have played then played this.....................

BORED TO TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waste of money - save it for a great game

rated it 3/10 only because I actually brought it.

Sorry BigFish you usually bring great games..

 

Re:blood ties

[Post New]by judec138 on Jun 9, 10 5:54 PM
I too put the final puzzle pieces together and nothing happens. Also had to force quit to get out of the game. Is that the end? The puzzle does nothing when all the pieces are put together. I was waiting for something else to happen- what is the meaning of the stone pieces? Is there another final puzzle that is supposed to appear after the stone tablet? If that's all there is I am really disappointed in the game. It was very easy and no side puzzles to solve. A big flop in my opinion.

 

Re:blood ties

[Post New]by Milayna on Dec 29, 10 4:36 PM
I'm new at this. Not sure if I'm at the right place for my ? ..I can't find the computer case in the bank , can someone help me???

 
 
 
 
Go to: