c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 18, 16 1:09 PM
sam123also:

It is a well known issue that if you win 1 diamond in a tournament, you may not get it. You can contact customer support. Let them know your player id and name, tournament date and time, and what place you came in.

eggbox
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by eggbox on Mar 18, 16 4:55 PM
Just want so say thanks to the mod who advised me to contact support when I didn't receive a single diamond that I won in the tournament. I contacted support and had a really quick response from Matt asking for some more details. I sent him what he asked for and today got an email from him giving me 50 - yes 50 diamonds - for not having received the one that I was due. Wow - I really do call that Customer Service,

Thank you so much

eggbox
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by eggbox on Mar 18, 16 4:58 PM
Sam123also - see my post just above this one - and you will see what a fantastic result I had from Customer Support

plpsrp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by plpsrp on Mar 18, 16 8:08 PM
I just lost 55 diamonds and can not find a reason why. I searched to see if I could have accidentally bought something but I could not find anything that I could have bought for 55 diamonds. They disappeared right after I achieved the Luck One achievement and received the gold bearing turtle egg. Could that have caused the missing diamonds? Very disappointed that I loose 55 diamonds and get nothing in return.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Mar 19, 16 2:29 PM
datsalotta wrote:Hey Techies!!

PC Windows 10

Freezing when go to friends rooms to click butterflies. So bad it disables task manager so I cannot end bfg app. Many times have had to power off. Don't think that's too good for the operation of the computer doing that so often.
I went to the suggestions offered by the moderators....but decided to try something else...now I only go to John's room and no freezing occurs so that works...Too bad cannot go see what my friends rooms look like

Many similarities when I check the mail. Can't avoid that. It says please wait...... so I wait and it sometimes returns to normal and sometimes not......so go to task manager and end the app. This happens almost daily.

datsalotta aka piesy - both games are reacting this way.

So that was posted Mar 15, now 4 days later and by only going to John's room I have not had a Freezing problem - just experimenting and afraid to go to friends' rooms again
datsalotta aka *piesy

[Post New]by Tuff_Stuff on Mar 20, 16 6:23 PM
SORRY TO COMPLAIN, BUT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THAT i HAVE EARNED A DIAMOND IN A TOURNAMENT AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE AWARD. SURE IT'S ONLY ONE MEASLEY DIAMOND (BOTH TIMES), BUT I REALLY AM TRYING TO EARN THE :CHAMPION" THE INFORMATION IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER, UNDER MY AVATAR, DOES NOT REFLECT THE SCORE EARNED AND STILL SHOWS 1 RUBY STUDDED COIN.

EZMERELDA 311708

[Post New]by MamaBearPvhouse on Mar 21, 16 6:26 PM
I am wondering when someone is going to contact me about my issue. I need to have my game restored and have sent an email. I got a survey but no response from customer support. I first contacted them on March 11th. Can someone please contact me. My ID is 326970

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Mar 21, 16 6:59 PM
MamaBear...........you must respond to EVERY robo-mail (the survey, the one that says we are busy but will get to you, etc.).........just hit reply on the robo-mail and add you are STILL having the problem..........you usually get 2 or 3 robo-mails, then you will get a live person.

If you don't respond EVERY time..........they think your issue is resolved and you go to the bottom of the list.

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by gailguru on Mar 21, 16 8:44 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ValerieES
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieES on Mar 22, 16 1:39 PM
Hi, thank you for the update!!! But.... I cannot play in the tournament. I can open it and all the doors open but it won't let me play, then I go back to the lobby and try again and it tells me to submit my score, which is zero!!! I even used my diamonds to try again and it still wouldn't? I play on and iPad. Thanks, Val

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Mar 22, 16 3:27 PM
There must be a glitch, as I've been playing on and off for two days and all I've gotten are either coins or shards. I'm getting a little fed up with this as I am unable to gift anyone. I'm player 369626 or complete any goals. Thank you.

[Post New]by MamaBearPvhouse on Mar 22, 16 5:15 PM
ok thank you. I will answer them all! Just trying to figure out how all this works.

ValerieES
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieES on Mar 22, 16 6:28 PM
sorry posted to this pc technical issues thread by mistake

Sortilege
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Sortilege on Mar 23, 16 2:52 AM
I am playing on PC and tried to play in the tournament today at 5 a.m. EST. During the first round I got the "cannot connect to server" message and tried to reconnect a few times with no success. Before canceling, I tried other programs and had no connectivity issues so apparently the problem was on the MC end. I tried once again to reconnect to MC but no go so I closed the game and then restarted it. When I went back to the tournament 3 scenes were closed which was fine as I had completed 3 before losing connectivity, but they were not the same 3 that I had done and upon repeating scenes noticed that the items were different and in different places than they had been the first time. OK, but it had also lost the chips I had already collected. Well, given that the first round score is never very good anyway, I went ahead and played the remaining scenes, acquiring 3 chips for 1 spin on the wheel. When I spun the wheel and got a 10% increase (no surprise there) I saw that my base score had been changed to over 200,000 points and with the additional 10% was now at a whopping 259,171 and the game was reporting a best score of 257,348 - my score from yesterday. I tried exiting the game and entering the tournament again for 5 diamonds but it continues with the score from yesterday. It's not posting it to the list of everyone's scores so at least it won't be impacting other players. I am now in the process of reinstalling the game in hopes that having uninstalled it the old score will be erased. Here's hoping...

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 3:30:42 AM PST

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Mar 23, 16 3:19 AM
I have just done the most recent update and have lost my ENTIRE friends list. I haven't played in a long time because of dissatisfaction with the change regarding drop rate of inventory items so I can only assume it is related to the update that happened tonight.

Is there any way to have my friends list restored?

Sortilege
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Sortilege on Mar 23, 16 3:28 AM
So, now after going through the whole long process of reinstalling...nada. Same problem with the tournament. Since it continues to claim the best score from yesterday, it won't post the actual scores from today as they are considerably lower so no point in trying to play in this tournament any more this morning. Hopefully, my score will be zeroed out for the next tournament. If anyone has any experience with this problem and has anything to recommend other that waiting to see if the system rights itself for next tourney, please let me know. Thank you.

Happy to report problem solved and am able to play in current tournament with correct scores. YAY!

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 5:36:14 PM PST

[Post New]by Kathyrn1124 on Mar 23, 16 5:49 PM
Incident# 160317-000747

On March 19th you sent me a message with helpful info none applied to my issue and I replied with requested information within the 72 hour window.

Information requested was my id# which is: i281074. My issue is I purchased 79.99 in coins on Mach 10th. They were there for a minute then they went away along with about 6700 coins I already had. . I was requesting for these to be restored.

Any progress on restoring my coins. I need them. Trying to get to level 70 to open new area.

Edited on 03/24/2016 at 5:45:57 PM PST

jrd0427
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Incident # 160319-000190

[Post New]by jrd0427 on Mar 24, 16 11:26 AM
On March 18, I received the same automated email as Kathyn1124. I've been waiting, not so patiently anymore, for anyone to help with my issue. I cannot open the game at all. It's been 6 VERY LONG days since I've been able to play. My friends must have given up on me by now.
PLEASE HELP.

Thank You

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Mar 24, 16 12:23 PM
jrd0427 and Kathyn1124............hope you are responding to every robo-mail BF sends..........if you don't.........they assume your problem has been resolved and you go to the bottom of the list.

jrd0427
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

sbaker2318

[Post New]by jrd0427 on Mar 24, 16 4:15 PM
Thanks for the reminder, but, I've only received 2 robo-mails and I responded to both. I understand they are busy, but, this has gone on too long. I hope someone from support will take notice, and help us out.

Go to: