Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 6:15:58 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure here

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Apr 21, 15 5:46 AM
OMGosh!!!!!

I LOVED this game! Having played it at another site a few days ago, I was anxiously waiting for it to come out on BFG. Now it has and I can't download it. It just won't download!

I am running Windows 8 on a Dell dual laptop/tablet.

Can anyone HELP!!!????

Many thanks.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 21, 15 6:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 8: loosing grid

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Apr 21, 15 6:44 AM
i love this game despite the music but keep loosing the grid i just end up with the background picture i've tried clicking buttons on the side with no change i am running xp pro on laptop

[Post New]by tandp321 on Apr 21, 15 8:20 AM
Love the games. No tech issues but would like to be able to use your wonderful backgrounds as screenshots for my computer. Thanks

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 21, 15 3:12 PM
The game downloaded fine for me, but I only got to play for two minutes before it ended and I got the message that my trial had ended. I have all the other Mosaic games and this is the first time I have every had this problem. In fact, it is the first time I have had this problem with any game. I deleted the game and reinstalled and got the same error. Running 7 on notebook.

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 3:29:12 PM PST

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Apr 22, 15 12:13 AM
I can download fine but I've never been able to play any of the Mosaic games due to lagging of some kind....

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 22, 15 6:53 AM
I love this sorta of games, unfortunately all games have to run via BFG game manager and as usual I cant set the DPI and thus cant see where is my cursor. This is NOT a graphics issues which BFG seems to like to point to. The last time I was asked to provide a log they pointed that video card was not updated. I took 3 days to troubleshoot it myself to realised FINALLY that it was DPI settings. Since all games run off BFG manager there is NO WAY to set DPI( its OFF by default). My OS is win 8.1, my screen is 26", I hv 12mb memory and 12cache, but guess I will just have to skip BFG games that are NOT tested to run on the latest windows or with minimized options as default or with BFG manager ability to set DPI

BFG admin: DID you hear me? And YES STOP asking me to provide logs, its the DPI settings!

[Post New]by okie58 on Apr 22, 15 8:35 AM
lym_1609 wrote:I love this sorta of games, unfortunately all games have to run via BFG game manager and as usual I cant set the DPI and thus cant see where is my cursor. This is NOT a graphics issues which BFG seems to like to point to. The last time I was asked to provide a log they pointed that video card was not updated. I took 3 days to troubleshoot it myself to realised FINALLY that it was DPI settings. Since all games run off BFG manager there is NO WAY to set DPI( its OFF by default). My OS is win 8.1, my screen is 26", I hv 12mb memory and 12cache, but guess I will just have to skip BFG games that are NOT tested to run on the latest windows or with minimized options as default or with BFG manager ability to set DPI

BFG admin: DID you hear me? And YES STOP asking me to provide logs, its the DPI settings!

I agree with you on this!!! Same issue here and you described it perfectly.

LWensel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by LWensel on May 16, 15 8:12 AM
I have bought 4-8 and and 6-8 after playing for a while have all quit working and get a fatal message -- FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_map2_box:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -5.cups(100006, 1)
at gml_Object_obj_map2_box_Create_0

I love these games but after playing thru a few times all three do the same thing

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Aug 4, 15 1:43 PM
Sun power up doesn't seem to work on Mac version of this game.

Power ups (sun, hammer) don't work on Mac version of FM9 either, but it's possible to do all the puzzles in FM 9 using logic and hints alone. Level 7.2 of this version needs blind luck or some power up to solve it.

Judging from others' comments on Fantasy Mosaics forums, I'm not the only one to have problem getting the sun power up to work.

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 1:44:56 PM PST

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Aug 5, 15 12:16 PM
I finally finished level 7.2 without any power ups by meticulously marking blank squares as I went along. Still, it's annoying to be offered a power up and not have access to it.

[Post New]by jldrld73 on Sep 27, 15 10:24 AM
I just reached level 10 and the game won't let me go any farther. It freezes and then the screen goes blank.

HP Intel Pentium/Windows 10

Also, a question: If I cancel my membership, do I still get to keep the games I have purchased?

RZach
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by RZach on Oct 30, 15 11:39 AM
In general Fantasy Mosaics are a real challenge mainly because of the multiple colors. I have a particular problem with FM8 because two colors are used that I cannot distinguish being partially colorblind or color deficient. I am pretty sure one of the colors is yellow and the other one is either yellow green or yellow orange or just another shade of yellow. Is there any possibility of the user being able to use a manual selection of any three of four colors for the palette so that the game has a chance of being completed. I am running the program on Mac OS 10.11. Perhaps there is a setting in the Library that allows color substitution. Suggestions are welcome.

RZach

Go to: