A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 6:16:47 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure here

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 21, 15 4:43 AM
So far I have played the first 6 levels. They're very easy thus far. The game is not giving me any technical problems.

But I have to give a thumbs-down to the music. It's a combination of outer space and forest sounds, and this combination just doesn't work - especially when it's obviously synthesized music.

I love these games, but wish they'd go back to the rich brass and strings of earlier versions. I'm going to have to turn the audio off for this one. It's annoying.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Apr 21, 15 5:56 AM
Based on playing the demo on another site a few days ago. [/b]]Would not download from BFG today although I tried multiple times.

I LOVE the Fantasy Mosaics series and am on my 3rd profile and going through games 1 - 7 with my goal as a "gold" for every picture. Not so easy and with a lot of repeats on some. Now, we are up to No. 8 in the series (as indicated in the Game's title) when No. 7 couldn't have come out THAT long ago! Ok by me .... I am over the moon that there's a new one.

The graphics are amazing. Just gets better with each new game. The music is quite different. I suppose it may be meant to be soothing and relaxing but it made me sleepy so I turned it down. As usual, there's a storyline about our friendly penguin and his family.

Of course, it's all about filling in blocks with a "color" or an "x" when it's a blank block. With the corresponding numbers around the "graph" it should be fairly easy to do. NOT!

The DEVS have added another color so we have 4 to work with this time around. YAY! Colors ..... I see colors .....

There's a tutorial at the beginning which is helpful and a Casual or Advanced mode of difficulty. Casual lets you repeat JUST a single 'picture'. In Advanced you have to repeat the entire level. Nothing is timed.

I recommend it for beginners to experts. It's easily a standalone game, although I enjoy the continuing storyline throughout the series. So, it will be a DEFINITE purchase for me.

Come along and join me in the latest journey of our Penguin and his family.

ENJOY!

Overall Impression: Enjoyable storyline and for those who like (love like me? ) this type of gamel I would STRONGLY recommend at least playing the demo. Definitely worth at least a PCC on Double Punch Monday at BFG.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 21, 15 6:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by tandp321 on Apr 21, 15 8:18 AM
I really love all of the fantasy mosaic games. Been thru all past ones several times. Only wish we could use the background images as screen shots for my computer. Thanks for the wonderful games. Looking forward to future editions

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 21, 15 12:43 PM
I played the entire demo and only had 3 colors to work with. At what level do you get the 4th color?

I played the demo Sunday(?) on another site and I felt that there was nothing new as far as gameplay and storyline, and some of the puzzles were quite easy. It hasn't been too long ago that #7 came out. When I finish #7, I'll think about this one.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Apr 22, 15 9:07 AM

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 8:58:06 AM PST

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Apr 28, 15 9:01 AM
I would like to see an increase in difficulty level. It shouldn't take me less than a minute to solve a puzzle toward the end of the game. The pictures toward the end are just as simple as those closer to the beginning. Challenge level should go up as one progresses in the game.

There were several puzzles that required guessing, although I think maybe fewer than in past installments, so the devs might have made some effort in that regard.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 12, 15 11:54 AM
tandp321 wrote:I really love all of the fantasy mosaic games. Been thru all past ones several times. Only wish we could use the background images as screen shots for my computer. Thanks for the wonderful games. Looking forward to future editions

Yes, the background images would make wonderful wallpapers. It's such a shame that we don't get to see much of them before they're covered up by the puzzles.

Well, I've been through all 20 levels. Not too hard, and most were easy to moderate. Only a couple required repeated starts.

No bonus "endless mode."

The artwork in the garden was much nicer, and it was relaxing to watch the ducks paddling in the creek. It's a shame the music wasn't better, though. Note for future games: More rich cello sounds, please. Make me want to listen to the music as much as I want to play the games.

All in all, a good installment, and I look forward to whatever comes next.

woz49
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by woz49 on Jun 28, 15 11:18 PM
I too am loving the Fantasy Mosaics games and quickly downloaded 8. There are always teasers through the games about various power ups - like the sun powerup. I've never struck any kind of powerup except for the penguin hints that increase in number as the game goes on. And I've not seen a fourth colour either. I love these games because you can play them over and over and not remember enough to be thoroughly bored. Needless to say I pay attention only once to the story. Where are the power ups?

Go to: