tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Connection issues

[Post New]by tramserran on Apr 22, 15 10:33 PM
Anybody else having problems accessing the game?
My internet is working fine.
While playing, I got the swirlies so I refreshed and now it gives me the following message "Firefox can't find the server at tv-bf.playme8.ru."

I tried accessing the game through the Big Fish Online Games webpage but I get the same message.

Update: I kept hitting the "try again" button and finally it is working now. I had the same thing happen last night (24 hours ago). I wonder why?

Edited on 04/22/2015 at 10:35:00 PM PST

xKathy3x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Connection issues

[Post New]by xKathy3x on Apr 23, 15 6:23 AM
Hi tramserran,
A few weeks ago, Mozilla did an update that had a lot of changes. Unfortunately, it also messed up a lot of things. I had trouble logging into my bank, Adobe Flash crashing, Windows media player being disabled, etc. I also had trouble with this game. Upon contacting Mozilla, they denied it being their update, and tried to blame other individual software. Long story short, I ran some tests, all software is fine. I checked configurations, drivers, etc. Everything works on Chrome, doesn't work on Firefox. My advice; dump Firefox.

Connection issues

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 23, 15 7:04 AM
tramserran wrote:Anybody else having problems accessing the game?
My internet is working fine.
While playing, I got the swirlies so I refreshed and now it gives me the following message "Firefox can't find the server at tv-bf.playme8.ru."

I tried accessing the game through the Big Fish Online Games webpage but I get the same message.

Update: I kept hitting the "try again" button and finally it is working now. I had the same thing happen last night (24 hours ago). I wonder why?

Yes, 24 hours ago, and a couple of times today.
But I'm using Chrome. Too much traffic on one of the Russian servers/nodes/gateways, maybe.

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 7:05:20 AM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 23, 15 8:14 AM
One hypothesis is due to the devs loading a new offer, especially since it was late, could have used some of the servers memory causing it to overload, hence the connection issues....

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Apr 23, 15 2:51 PM
achumannfaery wrote:One hypothesis is due to the devs loading a new offer, especially since it was late, could have used some of the servers memory causing it to overload, hence the connection issues....

This makes the most sense because normally I have no problems.
I stated that the previous day I had connection problems, also, but it was probably two days prior (which was when they were uploading the new Tuesday offer).

Great detective work achumannfaery!

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 2:53:14 PM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 23, 15 3:57 PM
Ah, tell Lily, Watson to the rescue!!!

Seriously though, over my tenure here at RoM, anytime there is a mass issue with logging in, or game lagging, it's due to servers and updates. That's why we occasionally get locked out and get the double lotto bonus when the devs reset the servers, etc...

Just a hypothesis on the correlation with the lag, but until proven otherwise.....

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 23, 15 5:59 PM
I'm having problem sending gifts. Every time I try the "server is temporarily unavailable" popup comes up, and the game just refreshes itself. Weird.

Xystus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Xystus on Apr 23, 15 6:33 PM
zixuss wrote:I'm having problem sending gifts. Every time I try the "server is temporarily unavailable" popup comes up, and the game just refreshes itself. Weird.

This is happening to me every time I try to gift the quest item "Lead Tears".

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 23, 15 6:47 PM
Xystus: good point. I didn't think of the problem as being associated with a particular gift. I tried the "bronze needle" and it worked.

Still, "bronze tears" remains a problem.

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 6:47:31 PM PST

missourigem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by missourigem on Apr 23, 15 8:05 PM
I am also getting kicked off whenever I try to gift someone the lead tears. Only with that gift so far. All others working.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 23, 15 8:23 PM
The gifting of the "lead tears" is not a connection issue. It is a glitch with gifting this specific charge. This has happened in the past with new offers and/or charges but has no relevance on connection issues/gaming...

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Apr 23, 15 10:15 PM
okay fishies..this is really getting on my nerves now!!!
I have been trying to gift all night..was fine for awhile..then SERVER IS DOWN MSG!
I mean I am talking about hours..many indeed. It's 1:11am on the East Coast - I just logged in & out bc I know Russia does it's time change at Midnight..
Well Watson aka faery..got as far you, then "Server Error"
Sherlock did notice that they are on an updated version it is - 1.5.92..hiccups ...or was that puddles

PS - I noticed that this new version also made changes to the way I can bookmark threads..grrr

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 10:33:14 PM PST

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Apr 28, 15 11:15 AM
I have not been able to log in all day. It stops at 2%.
Anybody else having problems?

loriellen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by loriellen on Apr 28, 15 11:17 AM
same here…2 % loading, tried 2 different computers, haha!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 29, 15 3:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to confirm the recent outage and to let you know that Rooms of Memory is back up and running again. Thank you all for your patience, and we hope that you're able to get back to your game.

If there's still trouble with connecting to the game, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and/or post in the following thread:

Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

Thank you,

bfgWaimea

Go to: