Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 23, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 6:34:46 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 23, 15 3:04 AM
Windows 8.1 PC

I first had to turn off the custom cursor due to the game freezing at the pond when I zoomed in on the dog.

Now, the whole game went black when I got to the area in the circus with the train.

I ended up using task manager on PC to get out of the lock up.

I am disappointed, as I think this game could have been a good one!

Two personalities, hmmm....interesting

If anyone has any tips for me to get the game to play, I sure would appreciate it.

Ci

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Heart of the Beast Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by hagglebag on Apr 23, 15 3:51 AM
Windows 8.1 PC Collected flag from statue screen went black. CT Alt DL to get out. Restarted game and within 2-3 mins game froze. Needs to be sorted because I certainly won't consider buying it, as it is.

[Post New]by groundhog37 on Apr 23, 15 4:35 AM
I too had the game freeze, had to shut down computer and restart it. Froze in the circus area when the beast tore off the poster. Running on HP 4th gen I7 processor.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 23, 15 6:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 23, 15 6:48 AM
I did go to the help pages and did what it said to do to update my drivers for my computer using Windows 8.

It didn't make any difference for Windows 8.1.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 23, 15 10:16 AM
Just to add a positive into this thread which is that I have played this game plus the bonus with no problems at all.

My operating system is Windows Vista 32bit.

[Post New]by aggie48 on Apr 23, 15 1:17 PM
stuck on card game and won't let me back out. Windows sev en

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Apr 23, 15 1:21 PM
I went to play the butterfly games, as soon as i'm nearly finish with the last ball it stop working, anybody having the same problem.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Apr 23, 15 7:43 PM
Game froze to a black screen with nothing but a magnifying glass after I lit the cannon and tried to enter either a HO scene or mini game. Playing on Win8.1 all updates done and have way more than enough memory....my computer was built specifically for games. I hope this gets fixed since I still cannot finish last weeks CE unless I want to restart and risk the same thing happening so close to the end of the game....not gonna happen.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 23, 15 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear that a couple of people running Win 8/8.1 had tech issues, as I am running Win 8.1 and didn't have any issues.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 24, 15 3:41 AM
Very interesting to see abarrett's post....

hmmm, I wonder what is up with my computer then, as I seem to have problems intermittently with playing some of the games of late.

How do I find out? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any replies.

Ci

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 24, 15 9:13 AM
played the HOP just outside of the Circus (Near the pond) Found all of the objects, but the HOP will not end. It does not give me the chain (From strategy Guide) and nothing remains in the search list. I cannot continue. Getting to be a habit.

[Post New]by pattyannfink on Apr 24, 15 5:59 PM
I can't play this game there appears to be a problem with the download and this is
not the first time this has happened I would like to have a credit on my account. i have sent a message to apple hopefully someone will get back to me

[Post New]by imatryin on Apr 24, 15 7:12 PM
Yes I would think this is a tech problem my skip does not work.....ffeeling very annoyed

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Apr 25, 15 3:29 AM
Is anyone having a problem playing the bonus chapter? I had no issues playing the main game and now the bonus chapter will not open!!! Most miffed as I paid for CE. BFG - really the QC on these games need to be upped drastically. MacBook Air: 10.10.3 version.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Apr 25, 15 5:18 AM
Played HOP with suitcase, does not have the ram to finish. Can not get any where else. Please fix.

[Post New]by cynthiaogden on Apr 25, 15 7:01 AM
this game froze up on me 6 times, had to use the task manager. I am using Windows 8

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Apr 25, 15 9:51 AM
NO SOUND! The demo version everything worked fine, but when I bought the full version, there was no music or voice sound! What's up with that? I don't see anyone else having this problem. Windows XP

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Apr 25, 15 10:42 AM
I was able to finish the game and play the bonus game. I have Windows 8.1. I did have a few problems. In the beginning the game froze once and I had to use task manager to get out. Game didn't freeze anymore after that. 2 problems with the extras. I cannot finish the butterfly game....every single time you get to the end an error occurs. For the achievements, i don't have the no hints used achievement even though I never used the hint function for anything (i even had the hint feature turned off so i couldn't use it!) Minor annoyances but shouldn't have any for a CE. Otherwise good game.

Go to: