Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Eternity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 25, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 6:54:25 AM PST

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Eternity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lorem on Apr 25, 15 6:19 AM
The game freezes in the Hotel part..where you collect items..It happened twice..had to ctrl..alt delete to get out of game...will uninstall and re-install...but it just might be a glitch?

I am on Windows 8.1..everything is up to date.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 6:20:44 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Eternity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Apr 25, 15 6:54 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Apr 25, 15 3:45 PM
Skip stops working about 10 mins into the game - it lights up but when you go to hit "skip" it states "I do not have enough energy yet".

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Apr 25, 15 8:03 PM
In the first super puzzle of the demo, the last thing you do before you get through the door? In the symbol slider puzzle? I was supposed to get the letter "C". Didn't get it! Got it in the demo but not in the actual game! Had to skip entire puzzle to advance! Not a happy camper

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Apr 26, 15 7:25 AM
Intel Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU@3.40GHz
800 GB RAM (7.94 usable)
res 1920 x 1080 60 Hz
GeForce GT 630 Version 350.12
Microsoft windows 8.1 latest version

My system & all drivers are up to date. When I got outside & was able to remove the rust from the valve & open it I picked up the dice game room key & it was not added to my inventory.

This is not the first time I have had this issue, especially with a promising game. At least I didn't buy it yet.

Why does this issue happen & will there be a fix for it?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 26, 15 4:54 PM
9otters wrote:In the first super puzzle of the demo, the last thing you do before you get through the door? In the symbol slider puzzle? I was supposed to get the letter "C". Didn't get it! Got it in the demo but not in the actual game! Had to skip entire puzzle to advance! Not a happy camper

I ran into similar problems. I solved all the puzzles--I double-checked that--but the ones on the bottom left and the bottom right didn't give me the letters I should have gotten. So there I was, with four solved puzzles but no prizes for two of them and no way to solve the word (even though I knew it was CANCER). Frustrating and disappointing.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Apr 27, 15 3:42 PM
Game crashes INSTANTLY, ALWAYS.

iMac 10.7.5 OS X
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
1600x1050 resolution

What else? Very frustrating, as I think Elephant Games are the cleverest of all.

ARGH!

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Apr 28, 15 7:15 AM
Game crashed right at the beginning twice, now plays very slow.

Windows 7

behindbj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by behindbj on Apr 28, 15 12:55 PM
In the control/security room towards the end (room with all of the monitors), there is a "phantom" white outline on the upper right of the screen. It cuts through the mask in the screen, not allowing me to pick it up.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Apr 29, 15 9:25 AM
behindbj said
In the control/security room towards the end (room with all of the monitors), there is a "phantom" white outline on the upper right of the screen. It cuts through the mask in the screen, not allowing me to pick it up.

Same issue as well as the lost letter in the first complex puzzle.
Windows Home Premium 64 bit

Didn't want to try to "fix" a glitch. Contacted BFG and they IMMEDIATELY issued a coupon for a free game.

Oooo! I am a lobster!

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 9:26:20 AM PST

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on May 1, 15 5:44 AM
Everything fine until I started the bonus chapter. So far I've had screens with huge black parts - once in front of the hotel, the second one just after having finished the elevator puzzle. I quit and started where I had left but to no avail.
I really like this game and I do hope I can finish it without any more issues.

Oh, and ... this Haunted Hotel feels much more like a real Mystery Trackers game than the last two MT did - thanks, Elephant!

[Post New]by Scubadoobiedoo on May 4, 15 6:06 PM
I downloaded this to my Macbook Lion, 10.something and it wouldn't load. The screen would go black for a sec and beam me back to the Game Manager. I uninstalled and re-installed, powered off, reinstalled but it's a no go. I just keep getting the mac window wanting to know if I want to report it.

Then I downloaded to my windows 7. It works but it's real slow changing scenes, by changing scenes I mean anything like hotel lobby to front desk, I get a long blackout between every move I make plus my cursor is jerky when it does not completely stick. Usually I can get it to stop sticking by hitting the return button a couple times but once I had to ctl, alt, delete to get the task manager to get me out and then went back and struggled some more. This game has started out as what seems like a different story so I would really like to play but it's being a real pain. All of my Adobe and computer stuff is up to date. Don't know what to do but go back and try some more of the demo and see if I think the hassle is worth it but I'll be checking back to see if any fixes/refinements or solutions come up.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 5, 15 7:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing crashing issues as well as trouble progressing in this particular game. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

If you haven't already, we recommend to look at the following help page to ensure video cards are up to date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to investigate this further for you. By contacting them it also helps to keep track of as well as report these issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on May 5, 15 6:30 PM
HELP!!! I see in the Strategy guide there is a morphing object above the table with the beer glass, jude box, but it's beyond my screen. I even made screen smaller, but still cannot get to it. Any suggestion.

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on May 15, 15 9:09 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:Game crashes INSTANTLY, ALWAYS.

iMac 10.7.5 OS X
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
1600x1050 resolution

What else? Very frustrating, as I think Elephant Games are the cleverest of all.

ARGH!

The game will only run on Macs w/ OS X 10.8 or newer. I'm frustrated too, as I have 10.7.5 as well!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jun 3, 15 8:12 PM
Thanks for the information, EmmSeven20. I just purchased the game and can't get it to load, did the Dr. Felix thing and emailed it to Tech Support, and you just explained why the whole thing went pear-shaped. Wish I'd seen your message first.

Sigh.

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Jul 5, 15 2:29 AM
I purchased the game today and now the strategy guide stopped working. When I try to use it it tells me to buy the full game.

Edited on 07/05/2015 at 6:42:24 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 21, 15 9:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

babsvb1948, I'm sorry to hear that even with adjusting your screen, there is some trouble accessing the Strategy Guide. Please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

EmmSeven20 and Sprattie, since it sounds like this game may be incompatible with your current operating system, our Customer Support Team can definitely look into getting a replacement game for you. Sprattie is right! This game is compatible with operating systems 10.8 and up.

micky1955, I'm sorry to hear that the Strategy Guide stopped working. It is very interesting that you are getting that message pop up when trying to access it. Please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can look into this for you.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Jul 23, 15 7:00 AM
Hello bfgBellerophon.
I contacted technical support and they gave me a coupon code for a replacement game.
They also sent me an extra complimentary coupon code but I don't know what that was for.

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 7:04:02 AM PST

Go to: