Miller, Miller's Wife and Scythe

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Apr 25, 15 5:21 AM
I can't for the life of me get the mill to activate so I can take grain there to be made into flour. Also, the miller's wife never appears again after I take her to her husband. I've tried doing things in different order and continually checking back to see if finally the mill works or she's appeared and nothing.

I finished the game but obviously am missing some trophies. Can anyone tell me about when in the game that the miller's wife re-appears to train me in collecting the herbs/flowers? Also, how do I get the miller to start accepting my grain?

I'm on my third run-through of the game, have killed zombies and still, the mill does not accept grain and I've yet to harvest any flowers/herbs.

Any tips/hints would be much appreciated.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Miller, Miller's Wife and Scythe

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Apr 25, 15 5:54 AM
I think, for me, the Miller's wife appeared after I saved the farmer's daughter.

What trophies do you have to get? That may give some idea as to what is missing from your game.

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Apr 25, 15 6:39 AM
I have every trophy except:

Strength (heart icon)

3000 gold coins (impossible to get if you can't make any money off your grain or have to spend tons on bread)

Gifted (Learn 5 Skills)

2 locked Icons that I don't know what are. They are between "Brave" (sister icon) and Citizen

I haven't found all the eggs either but I think it's do-able. Just got side tracked by the mill situation.

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Apr 25, 15 6:40 AM
Thank you for the tip too. Later this afternoon I'm going to see if I can't figure this out. I know it must be something glaringly obvious....lol.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 15 7:48 AM
You must solve the Miller's quest for the Mill to open.

Highlight for quest:

The Miller's grain is disappearing. (You learn of this after returning his wife). You follow the trail of grain to the cave behind the mill. You report the goblin is the one stealing the grain to the Miller. Then the Miller charges you with getting rid of the goblin and returning 7 sacks of grain. So you either kill the goblin or give the goblin fish, and return the grain to the miller. Did you return the grain to the Miller?

If you haven't fulfilled the Miller's quest, the Miller's wife will not return to instruct you.

Edited on 04/26/2015 at 6:59:15 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 15 8:11 AM
gracieann11 wrote:I have every trophy except:

Strength (heart icon) You must get your total 'heart' points to 100 (they don't have to stay there-just get them there once)

3000 gold coins (impossible to get if you can't make any money off your grain or have to spend tons on bread) You don't have to buy that much bread in the game, compared to other things. You can make gunpowder and sell it for $49 profit per barrel to the smugglers. You can buy 1 stick of wood, turn it to charcoal, and sell the charcoal to the blacksmith and make $5 profit each time (which is as much as you would make selling bread/grain). If you kept crabs and eggs, you can buy bowls and have crab soup made for free, then sell it to the gourmet in the town square for $22 profit per bowl.

Gifted (Learn 5 Skills) The skill you are missing is herbing. As soon as you mill your first grain, the miller's wife will appear and teach you how to find herbs.

2 locked Icons that I don't know what are. They are between "Brave" (sister icon) and Citizen Both of these concern getting bags of herbs

I haven't found all the eggs either but I think it's do-able. Just got side tracked by the mill situation.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 10:31:58 AM PST

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Apr 25, 15 8:13 PM
Thank YOU! I remembered getting ready to follow the grain trail when I first started the game but must have gotten side tracked because I never followed through.

I really enjoy this game and it'll be even more fun to be able to collect all the trophies.

Thanks again! I do really appreciate the help.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 15 9:40 PM
You are most welcome!

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 9:54:16 PM PST

Go to: