bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 20, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Jun 21, 09 5:46 AM
U know what i like most of this game... it started in Dutch You have several languages you can choose from.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jun 21, 09 5:54 AM
For me the demo started in US English.

[Post New]by Still40 on Jun 21, 09 7:36 AM
After downloading the free trial, I wasn't able to play. And when I closed the game it said I had 45 mins of free time left. I didn't even play it for a minute. I tried redownloading the game and had the same problem. Any suggestions????

[Post New]by njboyer on Jun 21, 09 8:06 AM
So here I was, thinking that finally a new hidden object game. Hurray! I played my trial hour and immediately purchased the game so I could continute.

I shouldn't have wasted my money.

While the game is fun, I was greatly disappointed that 45 minutes later I had finished the game. What a bummer! If I had known the game was so short, I wouldn't have purchased it just to play another 45 minutes. Very disappointing BF.

wenjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by wenjam on Jun 21, 09 9:28 AM
I am getting tired of being offered these games that are so short. I am not going to waste my money. If people stopped buying them, it would force the makers of the games to put a little more time and effort into their production.

I played for the free hour, wasn't that impressed with the game. When I checked on the walk thru blog I saw I was more than half way through. So I didn't buy the game, I am not paying to play for less than an hour.

[Post New]by Karles on Jun 21, 09 10:55 AM
downloaded this game but it won't even allow for me to type in my name nor will it continue.
---anyone else had problems with this? never had a problem with any other game
thank-you in advance

[Post New]by Lea127 on Jun 21, 09 11:07 AM
I have downloaded and purchased the game. I get the message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error. This application has reuested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. I have uninstalled once disabled my firewall and reinstalled. Any suggestions?

cavebear
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by cavebear on Jun 21, 09 3:17 PM
I have now tried the 'try now pay later' one hour of this game but was not pleased with it .. The items to find were much too big and very visible..Too easy to find and move on to the next chapter..
I enjoy something with a little more challenge..(loved the Serpent of Isis for that reason..)..
Am not sure, but doubt I will purchase the entire game ...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 21, 09 4:02 PM
I really like this game.

I like the extra challenge of finding all of the diamonds.
The hidden objects change with subsequent plays.
The puzzles are easy to medium difficulty.
There is not a lot of dialogue to wade through.
The scenery is interesting. (It’s not in the desert.)
Your score is based on your overall speed and accuracy in finding all the items and diamonds. Points are lost for using hints and miss clicking.
You can check your statistics after each level if you want to, but they are not thrown in your face like some games do.

The graphics could have been better.
The objects move off the screen too slowly.

Overall it was very entertaining.

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 7:26:00 PM PST

[Post New]by birory on Jun 21, 09 5:26 PM
I have paid for this game and i can not play it for some reason i dont no why
it will not come back up its keep showing eorr
tell me what can i do

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 21, 09 5:33 PM
birory wrote:I have paid for this game and i can not play it for some reason i dont no why
it will not come back up its keep showing eorr
tell me what can i do

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the game.

You can contact the customer support team by using the link below....

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home

You can also contact "Live Chat" tomorrow during their hours of operation. I am sure that they will be able to help you get through this issue.

Good Luck!
Margie B

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Jun 21, 09 5:43 PM
Can anyone help me!!!!! I am up to where I have to place amulets on the map reveal my next location......does anyone have the sequence they go in????? Thanks Heaps

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 21, 09 5:47 PM
jacquibagley wrote:Can anyone help me!!!!! I am up to where I have to place amulets on the map reveal my next location......does anyone have the sequence they go in????? Thanks Heaps

You can look at the walkthrough for Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond Walkthrough on the BFG blog,
It will show you the solution for placing the amulets.

Copy and paste the link below...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/youda-legend-the-curse-of-the-amsterdam-diamond-walkthrough/

Good Luck!
Margie B

[Post New]by ladyarewin on Jun 21, 09 6:49 PM
i havent tried this game but if you want a long game..try 3 cards to midnight but its boring

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 21, 09 7:04 PM
wenjam wrote:I am getting tired of being offered these games that are so short. I am not going to waste my money. If people stopped buying them, it would force the makers of the games to put a little more time and effort into their production.

I played for the free hour, wasn't that impressed with the game. When I checked on the walk thru blog I saw I was more than half way through. So I didn't buy the game, I am not paying to play for less than an hour.

That's what you get for $6.99 (or $5.99 on another site). With game prices dropping, don't "expect" developers to put in more time and energy for less payback. Just saying........

[Post New]by rocket1225 on Jun 21, 09 8:26 PM
ring box help

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 8:26:41 PM PST

wenjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by wenjam on Jun 21, 09 8:38 PM
scotcat wrote:
wenjam wrote:I am getting tired of being offered these games that are so short. I am not going to waste my money. If people stopped buying them, it would force the makers of the games to put a little more time and effort into their production.

That's what you get for $6.99 (or $5.99 on another site). With game prices dropping, don't "expect" developers to put in more time and energy for less payback. Just saying........

I have been buying games from Big Fish for the last 2 years, the price hasn't dropped once. They have always been 6.99. I averaged buying 5 games a month till recently, now I have a hard time spending my monthly credit. I am just not prepared to pay for something that is of poor quality. The profit from the games comes from the volume they sell, no volume, no profits. Basic business sense.

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 8:46:34 PM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 22, 09 1:10 AM
rocket1225 wrote:ring box help

You can look at the walkthrough for Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond Walkthrough on the BFG blog,

Copy and paste the link below...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/youda-legend-the-curse-of-the-amsterdam-diamond-walkthrough/

Good Luck!
Margie B

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 22, 09 1:19 AM
I have been buying games from Big Fish for the last 2 years, the price hasn't dropped once. They have always been 6.99. I averaged buying 5 games a month till recently, now I have a hard time spending my monthly credit. I am just not prepared to pay for something that is of poor quality. The profit from the games comes from the volume they sell, no volume, no profits. Basic business sense.

The prices for game club members used to be $6.99, $9.99 & $12.99. For non club members it was $19.99. Now it is $6.99 for everyone - no price structures. Developers are talking about putting out "snack games" now. Nevermind, it's a long story but I think 2-3 hour games might be the wave of the future with a few exceptions of course.

Go to: