bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 25, 15 8:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Mystery Case File: Dire Grove won't open

[Post New]by Iseeicu on Aug 23, 15 9:22 AM
Hey there, I'm running on 64-bit Windows 10, with 12 gigs of ram, an intel I5, and a R9 280x GPU. For some reason, when I launch Dire Grove, the game does not open. I see the icon on the task-bar, but clicking on it does nothing. I have tried running it as admin, running it in compatibility mode for Vista and XP(SP3), but it still wont run. Any solutions?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ here!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 23, 15 9:49 AM
Hi Isseicu,

I'm sorry to hear that after some troubleshooting steps, this particular game won't run on your computer. Please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can take a closer look into this for you. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Aug 29, 15 7:51 AM
I also cannot open this game on my computer since I got Windows 10?? I'm wondering if I go back to windows 8 will it open, I can open the other Mystery case files but not Dire Grove,

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 30, 15 1:17 AM
No need to contact tech support, Bellerophon. From the game page:

Game System Requirements:
CPU: 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1280 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 605 MB

Your OS is too new. Yes, if you go back to 8 you should be able to play it. Otherwise, you're outta luck.

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Sep 9, 15 12:52 PM
I found out after research that this game is not compatible with windows 10, it should be advertised as a warning
on Big Fish Games website before purchasing

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 10, 15 11:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you WilJul for posting the requirements for this particular game. As we try to make the transition to Windows 10 easier, we do have troubleshooting steps to try and get things up and running. With thousands of games in our database, not every game has been updated to reflect Windows 10 and we appreciate your patience as the team works to update the game pages.

It is recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can help troubleshoot. They can also help to keep track of and report these issues to the appropriate team.

We thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 21, 15 5:20 PM
I purchased this game a few weeks ago and it won't open -- I get an icon in my taskbar, but it won't expand and let me play the game. I'm on a PC running Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading, and I've checked my drivers and display settings. My other games run fine.

I've contacted technical support twice and sent numerous follow-up messages, and no one has given me the courtesy of a response. I'm beyond frustrated at this lack of customer support and service. I've always had good experiences with Big Fish to date, so this neglect is really disappointing.

[Post New]by marsto19 on Oct 24, 15 12:28 PM
begwood1 wrote:I purchased this game a few weeks ago and it won't open -- I get an icon in my taskbar, but it won't expand and let me play the game. I'm on a PC running Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading, and I've checked my drivers and display settings. My other games run fine.

I've contacted technical support twice and sent numerous follow-up messages, and no one has given me the courtesy of a response. I'm beyond frustrated at this lack of customer support and service. I've always had good experiences with Big Fish to date, so this neglect is really disappointing.

same her, i did as requested, but get no answer, it's soooooo frustrating...

[Post New]by janmarieblue on Oct 24, 15 12:34 PM
I have now tried to run Dire Grove on three windows 10 computers as well as having asked for help multiple times and sent in that felix file as directed. I have tried everything that everyone else has and NOTHING gets it started. i have the same symptoms here as the rest of you. i think it is most insulting to be ignored. even an apology and "we're working on the problem" would be acceptable, but not the rudeness of ignoring the problem as if nothing were wrong, and especially those stupid replies that seem to be generated automatically when someone complains--i'm sure everyone has received the same thing, stuff that you already read in the "help" area. just too bad for us.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 24, 15 9:30 PM
I just got a message from a support guy! He apologized for the delay in responding and said they have a backlog. Unfortunately, so far we haven't come up with a fix that works (tried changing the program files compatibility settings and running as an admin), but at least Big Fish is being responsive and attempting to help.

[Post New]by MountainMawMaw on Nov 14, 15 12:56 AM
Dang it all ! Dire Grove is one of my favorites and IT DON'T LIKE WINDOWS 10.
Why don't we try to find the developers on google and ask them to fix the game like a patch or something so we can download it off their site?

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Nov 14, 15 6:39 PM
Wasn't this one developed by Big Fish' in-house game studio? That doesn't exist any more, so the game is effectively orphaned. :-( I'm so disappointed -- I really wanted to play this.

Edited on 11/15/2015 at 11:57:18 AM PST

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Nov 22, 15 7:39 AM
Really upset I have just found out I cannot play Dire Grove on windows 10, this has really upset me as I have always played this game on the run up to Christmas especially if it is snowing, it has become a tradition for me.

I can play Sacred Grove but it is just not the same.

If I had known this I don't think I would have upgraded too windows 10.

Very very disappointed with BigFish games.

[Post New]by ladylindy on Dec 8, 15 9:51 PM
I am having the same trouble, the game won't play and I have tried every that is listed to do 3 times and still won't work on windows 10. I have contacted customer support have sent them messages twice sent a Dr Felix report heard back from the support team and they wanted a lot more info and another Dr Felix report!! That was on Dec. 2 and still haven't heard back from them. If the game won't play on windows 10 just tell me it's just that simple. I have gone from frustrated to disgusted.
There are some more games I wanted to get but now I am afraid to even try!!

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 9:59:55 PM PST

[Post New]by kmorse88 on Feb 14, 16 6:12 PM
Thanks all for posting this now I know why I cannot play this game on my laptop, its all due to I have windows 10 and they have not formatted this game for windows 10 yet. Kind of stupid that it is the only mystery case files game that does not work with windows 10, hopefully soon they will fix this issue as it is ridiculous that only one game of all of them does not work with windows 10 yet it is not stated anywhere that it will not. Good thing I didn't waste the money on the collectors edition since I cant even play the standard version on my laptop.

abigail28
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by abigail28 on Mar 12, 16 1:44 PM
Anybody got a due date on when they'll fix Dire Grove? I've been trying to play this since Feb. and I still don't get anything. I've been playing the Mystery Case Files from the first to the last and I won't be able to get anywhere near the end if I can't play this game! I could skip it, but that would be like skipping a chapter in your favorite book.

[Post New]by DaktylsMom on Mar 15, 16 5:10 PM
Hi Fishies, I too was having the same problem. Dire Grove is my favorite game still to this day. And I couldn't get it to work no matter what. Then, my hard drive crashed. I got a new one, and went back to Windows 7. Low and behold, I can now play it again. (I have the CE). It IS a W-10 issue. It is so popular, hope a fix can be created. Damn shame it is. I'm keeping this puter ON W-7 so I can play my old games.

[Post New]by retiredpa on Mar 16, 16 5:14 PM
Just to add to everyone else...I uninstalled and re-downloaded Dire Grove but it will not open...the icon goes to the task bar but that is all. I am on Windows 10 so I guess that is the problem. Anyway how do I run it in compatibility mode?? Has anyone tried this??

[Post New]by daniel327 on Mar 30, 16 10:52 AM
How long until you patch dire grove so it will work in windows 10. Is anybody working on it? I'm replaying all the games so i can buy and play Key To Ravenhearst and Ravenhearst unlocked.A lot of people love the mystery case fie saga and don't like having a complete collection. I have physical copy's of the game but I would be willing to pay for it again if it would work on windows 10.

Go to: