Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: The Others here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 26, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/26/2015 at 5:30:33 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: The Others here.

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 26, 15 3:33 AM
When they put out the update, did it fix the lag/blackout between scenes?

I ask, as when I down loaded this today it only gave me where I left off in the demo I tried for the CE. thus giving me only 5 minutes left in play, so I couldn't tell.

I don't want to purchase this if it did not for those experiencing this problem.

Windows 8.1 PC

Thanks,
Ci

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 26, 15 5:30 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 26, 15 6:33 AM
CiChDa wrote:When they put out the update, did it fix the lag/blackout between scenes?

I ask, as when I down loaded this today it only gave me where I left off in the demo I tried for the CE. thus giving me only 5 minutes left in play, so I couldn't tell. [...]

Windows 8.1 PC

CiChDa, I can't answer your question about the update*, but I just downloaded and installed the SE to confirm what I remembered: The SE should start anew; it's a different instance of download and installation.
I had 15 min's left of the CE.demo, and the SE now started with 90 min's (hm, I thought 90 was only for CE's, though, and SE's still have only 60? )

* In the Tech.issues thread of the CE forum is a post quoting yours with still the same problem after the update, but it is unclear whether the user installed the update.

I played the CE demo on a Win7 PC w/o any issues, and the SE version now started w/o the problems you described.

So I'd suggest to either repeat the SE installation, or to write directly to BFG CS. Good luck!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 26, 15 8:16 AM
Thanks _DD,

I was surprised also that I only had that short amount of time left in the demo to check it out also. As I downloaded the demo from the SE offering.

Off to do as you have suggested. I will try to reinstall the SE.

Thanks again

Ci

Ah geez, I guess I didn't have enough coffee yet this morning, now I see I did download the CE demo again. I went there to check on the updates and inadvertently downloaded that one.

This should now answer my question.

Edited on 04/26/2015 at 8:21:17 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 26, 15 9:07 AM
LOL, Ci, don't you just love these situations! not enough coffee is certainly a good explanation
I hope you were able to test in the remaining 5 minutes for the CE whether the update solved the problem you had (or maybe the careful wording of the system requirements means the 8.1 version is not included..?).
In any case, better luck with the SE!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 26, 15 1:05 PM
Hi CiChDa ,

Don't know if this will help or not, but I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and played this SE version, with no issues, no blackout or lag between scenes.
I did have a minor issue, were the cut scene audio, skipped, with repeated voice, but it worked itself out, so I will still get this one, because I just LOVE IT !!

OMG....These developers are Sooooo CREATIVE, the graphics and artistry, just blow my mind, in the best possible way, their imaginations and creativity are beyond COOL, this gem is " SWEET ", LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!

This is the first time I've heard of these developers, I sure hope these four friends, continue to make games, because they are AWESOME, and know how to make a game that REALLY entertains .

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 27, 15 6:29 AM
Thanks very much to you that responded to my query.

I did end up getting this game. Still a bit' of a lag/blackout, but not anything really to interrupt my game play.

I agree with the positive reviews. What a good game! Beautiful graphics and details. Glad I am able to play it!

Ci

Go to: