lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Finished!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 21, 09 6:18 AM
Whew.... there were a few levels that I had to just play multiple times until pure chance gave me enough 4+ moves that I could survive. Some of the levels on 12 (not 12-3, other ones) were a lot of fun. I remember one of the boards where I had maxed my skill meter already, and there were no supplies, but I just kept playing after travel was available because I kept seeing more 4+ moves and I was enjoying finding the 4+ moves.

Has anybody else finished yet? I'm really looking forward to the developers adding an easy or zen mode.

s_tickle
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Finished!

[Post New]by s_tickle on Jun 21, 09 7:32 AM
any suggestions on getting past level 12-3 would be great, I'm about ready to ditch this

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 21, 09 7:42 AM
Well, I hardly ever used the one skill available (remove a 3x3 block, but it costs an energy point). The only time I used it was when it would drop 2 tiles down to make a 4 match with another 2 tiles. Before I made any move that was not going to result in a 4, I used the Hint button to make sure I wasn't overlooking a better move than the one I had chosen. Do NOT waste energy trying to get 15 snoozes in the first camp; the rest of the camps give you a bigger energy boost (if I remember correctly - it's still not large).

If you don't spot a 4+ move on the first board, just retry the level. That's cheating, but it helps.

Then there's the in general tips: if there are multiple 4+ moves, usually it's best to take the top one first (so that the bottom one doesn't mess up the top one and you can get both of them); if you are stuck with making a 3 match that doesn't cause a 4-match in the cascade, pick one that either sets up a 4+, gets you supplies or traveling tiles, or has a LOT of cascade matches. When you are stuck making a 3 match the more you randomize the board the likelier your chance of making a 4-match in a cascade will be, or leaving a 4+ setup.

And always stick around after you have travel available to see if you can make some more 4+ moves.

I'm going to see if I can beat leave 12-3 again. If I have more advice I'll post about it here.

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 7:44:37 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 21, 09 8:03 AM
I've failed twice again. A *lot* of it must be pure luck.

edit: five times failed.

Edited on 06/21/2009 at 9:54:31 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 21, 09 12:53 PM
Failed 6 times in a row now. Definitely too much "luck" needed.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 21, 09 1:20 PM
Level eight now and will be playing some more today. Congrats on finishing the game, lordk.

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Level 12.3

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Jun 22, 09 10:31 AM
I have been stuck on this level for more hours than I want to remember. I have tried all sorts of strategies...and I just can't get passed this level. I don't mind challenging games but I am finding this extremely frustrating...I get to where I just need a couple more travel tiles and I run out of energy. I have gone into the last phase with as much as 10 energy and still can't win. I think they really need to make this game beatable. As has been said before too much "luck" is involved with this game. Doesn't matter how much "strategy" you employ if the next level isn't winnable...

I hope they re-release this game with a slightly less frustrating game play. I love Match 3 games but this one is way too difficult in places.

Update: finally got through 12.3 but only by the skin of my teeth...I can't even remember how I did it although I seem to remember using loads of megabombs I think they are...not a satisfactory way to win though....have finished the game too...

Edited on 06/22/2009 at 2:25:45 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 22, 09 5:46 PM
Congratulations! Yes, if you can finish level 12.3, the rest of level 12 is a piece of cake.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 22, 09 7:10 PM
I'm on level 11 now. You guys having finished the game gives me hope.

Edited on 06/22/2009 at 7:40:02 PM PST

[Post New]by carole055 on Sep 8, 14 3:23 PM
s_tickle wrote:any suggestions on getting past level 12-3 would be great, I'm about ready to ditch this

Go to: