burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

FULL OF SPOILERS, but question about ending...

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 27, 15 10:00 AM
If you haven't finished the game - main and bonus - DO NOT READ FURTHER, unless you want the ending completely ruined for you! This question is only for those that have finished the game.

(OK, you were warned, if you're still reading, it's on you...)

Highlight to read: In the ending of the main game, Leia says she's going to save the scientist by taking his place as guardian. But in the ending scene, she's back in an airship with Mr. Jenkins sailing away after a job well done. Does this make sense to anyone?? Even in the bonus game, it's a new, but related case and the same man is still guardian, but off to new mischief. Leia doesn't take his place at the end of that one either. Did I miss something?? I'm seriously confused and if anyone else understands the ending, could you please explain it to me?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:FULL OF SPOILERS, but question about ending...

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 27, 15 4:43 PM
I think they simply screwed up.
They might have had more than one team working on the main game and on the bonus game, and someone either didn't check for continuity of content.....or they decided that the expense of changing and fixing it, wasn't worth their while.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 27, 15 10:16 PM
That was my impression, too, but it's a pretty big screw up, so I thought maybe I missed something that made it all make sense. If you stick with a game all the way to the end, you like to see a decent ending. There are too many games made where the ending is an afterthought. If they don't want to be bothered creating an ending, then don't put in a plot! Just make a puzzle game and call it a day.

At least they learned from their mistakes in the previous game and didn't have Mr. Jenkins go "poof" and disappear from the cat room at the end. That was really annoying. You spend the whole game collecting coins to buy stuff for Mr. Jenkins' room, finally get the last item or two for the room, and as soon as you win he disappears. (Yes, it is explained in the game, but without giving away too much, there is a reason that a cat should still be in the room. So, the room should not be empty when you go there from the Extras menu.)

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 28, 15 12:19 AM
I have yet to finish the Bonus Game.
I am just relieved that the cat coins continue on through the BG. I started with décor of the room, and then buying Mr Jenkins some things to interact with......but when the main game ended, I still hadn't bought the flutterbyes.....and it is so much fun to watch a cat try to catch them.
Too bad they didn't have soap bubbles......also a fun game with cats.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 28, 15 9:57 AM
Actually, my favorite turns out to be the flower pot. I thought he was going to push it off the couch and break it, as cats do. (Possibly speaking from personal experience... ) What he does is even better, and just as catlike.

And you pick up quite a few coins in the BG. I needed 122 to buy everything for Mr. Jenkins and got them all in the BG.

Go to: