Charming Patrol (last game in chapter 3)

[Post New]by smithereyenes on Jun 21, 09 7:12 AM
I am having trouble getting through this puzzle and I can't advance to chapter 4 until I solve it.

I found the solution on my own and when I click submit, it says I failed, yet none of the lines were crossed. I thought maybe it had to be a specific way so I went to the walkthrough and matched the walkthrough exactly and it still says I failed.

Is this a glitch in the game? Anyone else have this happen?

Re:Charming Patrol (last game in chapter 3)

[Post New]by tiffanyengm on Jun 21, 09 10:05 AM
I am having this SAME problem!

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on Jun 21, 09 10:12 AM
It happened to me, too, but I think I wasn't paying close enough attention the first time.
However I do believe that there would be 2 possible solutions to this puzzle, it being symmetric horizontally. Maybe it only recognizes one of them.

Make sure that when you revisit a point, that you are turning and not moving across an already drawn line. Think of it like drawing an 'X" using > and < instead of / and \ .

When I got it I went around the outer upper half, left to right, first.
Then around the upper inner half, right to left.
Then back across the center line to the right point of the inner half.
Then around the lower inner half, right to left.
Then around the lower outter half, left to right.
Hope that works for ya!

[Post New]by tiffanyengm on Jun 21, 09 10:42 AM
Sorry - but that didn't help either! Can someone give me "step-by-step I drew the line starting with this color by going this way" kind of instructions? This is super frustrating!

[Post New]by smithereyenes on Jun 21, 09 6:08 PM
Glad to know I am not alone with this problem. I know I am not making any mistakes. I like brain games like this and have played them before so I am positive I have not done this incorrectly. I wouldn't even mind just skipping this game to move on but this is one of the puzzles that you have to solve. So frustrating!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 21, 09 6:10 PM
Make sure you are not releasing the mouse in between each pair of heads.....

[Post New]by smithereyenes on Jun 21, 09 6:44 PM
I've done it several times now making sure not to lift the mouse between heads. No luck. I think it has to be a glitch.

[Post New]by smithereyenes on Jun 21, 09 7:16 PM
Ok. I got it. The one and only thing I did differently was solve all the puzzles in chapter 3. There was one I had missed; the Latin Square. I went back, solved that then immediately went to Charming Patrol. I solved the puzzle the same way I have several times before and it finally went through this time. That is the only thing I did differently so go back and make sure all your puzzles are finished.

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on Jun 21, 09 10:03 PM
Ohhh I was thinking of a different puzzle earlier, sorry.
One thing I did notice with the Charming puzzle is that the second head should be lit up or highlighted before you let go of the mouse button (ie: the pointer should be around the center of the head you're connecting to) Otherwise it'll look like it's connected but the line has actually just stopped short and you can't see it because the picture of the head covers the gap.
If that's not the problem then I'd have to agree that it's buggy or something.

[Post New]by smithereyenes on Jun 22, 09 7:09 AM
gammafish wrote:Ohhh I was thinking of a different puzzle earlier, sorry.
One thing I did notice with the Charming puzzle is that the second head should be lit up or highlighted before you let go of the mouse button (ie: the pointer should be around the center of the head you're connecting to) Otherwise it'll look like it's connected but the line has actually just stopped short and you can't see it because the picture of the head covers the gap.

That is good to know too. I didn't catch that it lights up. Thanks!

[Post New]by tiffanyengm on Jun 24, 09 9:05 AM
gammafish wrote:Ohhh I was thinking of a different puzzle earlier, sorry.

Yup - that's exactly what the problem was! Thanks everyone

Go to: