queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Black Viper: Sophia's Fate

[Post New]by queenjanis on Apr 28, 15 3:30 AM
I have played some bad games, and this one goes on the list as one of the worst, and boring games. It's just my opinion, but I hated it, ALOT !

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Black Viper: Sophia's Fate

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 28, 15 3:51 AM
Hmmm, surprisingly, I found this game to be a lot better than I thought it would. The graphics are nice and sharp, the voices, while slow, are good, and I am intrigued by the storyline.

As for really bad games, imho, this is definitely not in that category, lol.

But, as always, we all have differing opinions as to what makes a game good or bad - I like that

Jen

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 28, 15 4:27 AM
Really, another hidden object game and it's not new. I always look forward to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning because they might post something new and not hidden for a change. But unfortunately this one is not new, it's from last year like yesterday's title and it's of the hidden variety which has no variety. Paying money to stare hours at a pile of garbage is not my idea of a "game".

If you still receive Microid Games, why don't you have their time-management title "Garden Shop - Rush Hour!" that's on every other game site. The answer is clear... You keep pandering to only one audience at the expense of the rest.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 28, 15 4:58 AM
MarkAlan wrote:Really, another hidden object game and it's not new. I always look forward to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning because they might post something new and not hidden for a change. But unfortunately this one is not new, it's from last year like yesterday's title and it's of the hidden variety which has no variety. Paying money to stare hours at a pile of garbage is not my idea of a "game".

If you still receive Microid Games, why don't you have their time-management title "Garden Shop - Rush Hour!" that's on every other game site. The answer is clear... You keep pandering to only one audience at the expense of the rest.

Interesting comments; since March 31st there have been 12 days when there wasn't a hidden object game on offer, so not exactly 'pandering to only one audience'. Many of those were Match-3 which personally I find utterly boring so don't play. The rest of the non-hidden object weren't of interest to me either. And aside from some of the CE's, most of the hidden object games didn't seem worth buying.

I like games such as Royal Envoy, Island Tribe, Rescue Team etc. How many of those type were offered since March 31st? I think it was 1 (Weather Lord) which I've never liked, so basically aside from a couple of CE's I've bought no games from this site. And have you seen me come on here complaining about it? No. There are other sites out there offering different types of games. If you don't like the choice here, then look elsewhere. Personally I don't bother; if there's nothing I want to play I can wait for tomorrow. In the meantime I do something else or replay an old game.

The recent loss of my mother has made me realise that life is too short to care about whether or not a game is new, a year old or not what I want to play. In the grand scheme of things, it's utterly unimportant.

Edited on 04/28/2015 at 5:00:33 AM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Apr 28, 15 5:11 AM
I agree with angelfish106. I use to get so upset when a good CE or SE wasn't offered for a week. Now I find I can wait it out and play older games which I did enjoy. Actually if they are a year or more old it is like playing a brand new game (guess that comes with being 75 years old). BF can only offer the games they have available. Have a good week everyone.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 28, 15 8:54 AM
I was doing to play just for fun because I have nothing else to play. Started off okay but it says to zoom in use your mouse wheel. I am playing on a laptop and am not using a mouse so I can't zoom in. Oh, well. I tried.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Apr 28, 15 12:13 PM
MarkAlan wrote:Really, another hidden object game and it's not new. I always look forward to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning because they might post something new and not hidden for a change. But unfortunately this one is not new, it's from last year like yesterday's title and it's of the hidden variety which has no variety. Paying money to stare hours at a pile of garbage is not my idea of a "game".

Finally someone who speaks the truth! I have two game coupons that don't expire that must be used on this site. But I have not been able to use them because most of the new and good games are on other websites. Big Fish offers the same drivel every day. The sparse few crumbs they toss that are not HOG's are way below stadard and much older titles. Once I use my two codes, I'm out of here. Yes, life is too short to keep expecting a fish to change its scales.

Edited on 04/28/2015 at 12:16:12 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 29, 15 2:59 AM
Loof wrote: But I have not been able to use them because most of the new and good games are on other websites

If that's the case then please share which websites these 'new and good games' are on; I can't find anything other than Match-3 or games I've already either bought or tried and didn't like!

The sad fact is that if you don't own a tablet or some other device, you're pretty much limited to the few devs that still make games for PC's. The few sites that still offer games for PC's are limited to what the devs release and whether or not they have an agreement to release all or just some of their games.

Eventually there won't be any games released for PC; then it will be a choice of either getting something you can play games on or just playing your old games. Make the most of what's on offer while you can.

britt613
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by britt613 on Apr 30, 15 6:33 PM
Not a good game. Too much dialogue, everything very tiny, hard to know what to do next. Finally just started clicking around until something happened.

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on May 30, 15 8:46 PM
I'm also stuck on this game and the hint keeps showing me a box of cigarettes at a computer. So that's another game I'm not going to finish. However, I also agree with Angelfish106. Life's too short to worry about what games are being offered. Sure there are other game sites. I'd downloaded from a developer but several times their games froze on my new Windows 8.1, so I don't go there anymore. My mother also passed away 2011, I ended up in hospital last year not being able to carrying out my bucket list to move to Germany and travel, so I'm now living in a retirement village. I have also found far and few games but purchased most of the jigsaw puzzles which will remove any boredom for a very long time. With winter in Australia and very little to watch on the television, I have taken up knitting again.

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on May 30, 15 8:55 PM
To dtouchton, I have a Toshiba laptop and connected a mouse because I found that I can't play many of the games without it. I've also had a HDMI 27inch monitor connected to it so that I could do jigsaw puzzles because the 19inch laptop screen is too small.

[Post New]by woglinde on Jun 2, 15 11:55 AM
I get stuck in the games in the computer room witch the beercans shall be the hint. I dont understand at all

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 3, 15 9:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their feedback regarding this particular game and recent releases on the Big Fish Games site. We've gone ahead and passed along this feedback regarding the concern that players have with the types of games released. I apologize that the moderation team doesn't have access to the information that surrounds game releases as well as updates.

I'm so sorry to hear that some players are experiencing freezing or progression block issues. I definitely know how frustrating this can be. pashdi and woglinde, it may be helpful to ensure that the video graphics card on your computer is up to date. Please take a look at the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Moving forward, we ask that technical issues be placed in the appropriate thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Black Viper: Sophia's Fate here.

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: