Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for True Detective Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 29, 15 12:55 AM
A thread for you reviews.

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 6:14:32 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for True Detective Solitaire here.

[Post New]by gamblebug on Apr 29, 15 2:27 AM
Thought I would give it a try,since I do like solitaire games.But there is nothing special about this one and after about 20mins I just got bored.One of the major things that turns me off on a solitaire game is when you click to flip the cards it turns more then one card at a time ,this one was flipping 3 sometimes(bad bad bad).I won't even use a coupon on it.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 29, 15 5:54 AM
I already have this game and have been playing it for some time. It's one of those solitaire games I enjoy where you don't advance if you don't score high enough, but you have all the time in the world to do that. You can choose to be able to replay each game or you can play where you have to keep proceeding or start over. Then, at the end of the level, you find out if you scored high enough to go on to the next level. At least, if you have to play it all over (which I did once), you then know how high you need to score in order to pass the level. I actually played it through once, not to pass it but to accumulate enough points to go help me score higher on the two really hard games. I guess this game is nothing special if you don't enjoy that challenge.

I like to play it first the easy way and then the hard way. I've had this game long enough that I'm already doing it the hard way.

I don't have the problem of more than one card flipping over at a time.

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 5:55:20 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 29, 15 6:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on True Detective Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on True Detective Solitaire.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 29, 15 8:33 AM
I have to admit.....I don't have a clue what I'm doing.......but before I knew it the demo was over. Good for a PCC in my book.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Apr 29, 15 8:34 AM
In other solitaire games I have played there has been an option to choose whether to turn over one card or three cards. Maybe this one has that? I always prefer to turn over one card at a time. Nothing special about this game though, I think I'll give it a pass. I have other solitaire games which I enjoy more. Plus, the sale today just isn't enough incentive...and I don't want to start another punch card at the end of the month! For those of you who enjoy this type of game, give it a try; at least it's a change from HO games.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Apr 29, 15 9:19 AM
This is cut from the same mold as their Knight Solitaire series. Using Solitaire Golf to uncover gold cards from each random layout. It's fun for awhile, but there's no sense of accomplishment since the layout of gold cards are random.

If you enjoy Golf Solitaire game, I would recommend "Regency Solitaire" which is a far superior title in this genre.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Apr 29, 15 10:15 AM
I love solitare games but this one is just plain boring.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 29, 15 7:16 PM
This is an extremely challenging yet fun rendition of solitaire. It has great background music, different levels, a store to buy "boosts" to help your game, different virtual rooms to play in, and a background storyline I haven't figured out yet because I've been too busy trying to "ace" this game.

It is very challenging, solitaire outside the box, and takes a while to adjust your mindset to this riveting game.

Five thumbs up for this one.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Apr 30, 15 6:39 AM
Truly boring, nuff said

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on May 1, 15 12:12 AM
Like the Game itself, 1-up n 1-down, super easy to follow.
LUV the Music as well.
Haven't had any Tech Problems, but wish the 'Shuffle-Option'
(available either by purchase or reward) would shuffle Draw Pile as well
instead of simply the Board.
=^,,^=
the kat
g'ma0trips

[Post New]by xmassnowmen on Jun 6, 15 12:13 AM
I liked the various layouts and found out I could only win some by buying (lots) of wild cards.
BUT..what are all the detective mysteries that you are supposed to solve? Please would like the answer. Please see my post under the game in the forum for what I found out.

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Jul 5, 15 10:57 AM
I have the same question. I bought it thinking that there were challenging puzzles to be solved within the game or after the various levels. So far however, all I seem to do is advance to the next group of four. Are there challenge puzzles or is gaining enough points to get to the next set of four the only challenge?

emato
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by emato on Sep 8, 15 4:30 PM
gamblebug wrote: ....One of the major things that turns me off on a solitaire game is when you click to flip the cards it turns more then one card at a time ,this one was flipping 3 sometimes(bad bad bad).I won't even use a coupon on it.

This! I purchased it because I like the theme and it seemed fine during try out. Now I am experiencing the more than one card flipping thing. It's extremely frustrating!

Go to: