bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

mailbox- messages

[Post New]by bella_01 on Apr 29, 15 4:20 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the mailbox (letter). I collect the gifts from my friends and close the letter and the envelope starts blinking again, & I''m collecting gifts from the same friends. I know I'm collecting the items as I only ask for food and the pet I have open is collecting the item in its total.

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:mailbox- messages

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Apr 29, 15 4:51 PM
It happened to me too. It took me a couple of times to realize that I was getting an added gift and extra diamond from the tournament. It finally went away and then I got a gift from John and there was the same gift and diamond that I had just received. I changed my gifts to see if it happens again so will check back when I leave the forum. Penny A

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Apr 29, 15 6:07 PM
bella,

If you are getting double gifts and it can be documented...it should be a glitch you can live with. I know I'd be happy with it. I would only get frustrated if the gifts weren't going to my inventory and it kept sending a letter just to not have the gifts register again. This is the first time I've heard of this glitch. What operating system are you playing on?

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Apr 29, 15 7:59 PM
Playing on PC I just hope the gifts were not deducted from the people sending them,

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 29, 15 8:50 PM
When you open the letter and have read what it is, do you click on the little turn down at the extreme right of the page? I missed doing this a couple of times and the envelope started blinking again. I, too, was surprised to see the same people had gifted me and then realised I had not clicked on the turn down piece.

Cheers,

Trixie

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Apr 30, 15 2:44 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:When you open the letter and have read what it is, do you click on the little turn down at the extreme right of the page? I missed doing this a couple of times and the envelope started blinking again. I, too, was surprised to see the same people had gifted me and then realised I had not clicked on the turn down piece.

Cheers,

Trixie[/quote

Hi Trixie.

Yes the envelope was turned down. The mail closed like normal and when I went to collect a butterfly it would start flashing again. My hope is that each time i collected a gift, the sender did not get the item deleted from their inventory.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 30, 15 3:49 PM
Hi Bella,

The only other suggestion I can come up with is that you may have received two gifts from the same person. Sound weird I know, but it has happened to me. I have friends in the Northern Hemisphere that have done that to me. If they gift before their midnight and then after midnight I have received two in one day as my time zone is about 15 hours ahead of theirs. My 5:00pm is around 1:00 am in Colorado.

Cheers,

Trix

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Apr 30, 15 3:56 PM
I have 1 friend in particular who sometimes gifts me twice in one day. I always thought maybe one was from the day before and that I'd logged out of the game before it was sent. But maybe the time zone would explain it. I hadn't thought about that.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Apr 30, 15 4:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I can see the different time zones, but the mail envelope reset more than five times each, I gave up counting with the amount I was given. I just notice that the one pet I had open received a lot more than six or eight times the amount it should have.

I'm grateful for the glitch, but I just hope that the inventory of my friends didn't get deducted as well as me receiving the gifts.

Go to: