bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 30, 15 12:29 AM
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

A long month of waiting, rising tensions and utter silence has passed. The stakes are high, and the fate of the harmonium radiation research team is still unknown. The CCPP decides to send one of the best agents – you – to find out what transpired.

As you land on the frozen mountains of Iceland, a mysterious helicopter passes above you. CCPP didn't send reinforcements, and the question arises – did someone else find out about the important research of your scientific team?

As you traverse the narrow pathways and ice coated cliff sides, you will discover the findings of your scientists, and their conclusions will be borderline impossible. The investigation will pull you deeper into the research of harmonium energy, its possible uses… and abuses.

Prepare yourself for a journey that will change your life and your perception forever.

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“What a great game! Loved this from beginning to end. I was really moved by this game!“  - Mary, Beta Tester

“The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is superb. This game is definitely a winner!â€?  - Walter, Beta Tester

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 30, 15 10:39 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:On a side note, I find it confusing that the game is called "lackluster," and "tedious" on the main page, yet is awarded five stars! Those two words would sum up my reasons not to recommend a game. Perhaps the poster meant to award it fewer stars.

LOL! A certain portion of the daily reviewers on the main page rate almost every game 5 stars no matter whether they like it or not, or whether they will buy it or not. If they really don't like it, they might go as low as 4 stars. It's kind of like naming your company AAA Widgets so you get listed at the top of the phone book. I find it highly entertaining, as well as those who say that a game is too easy and give it the highest side bar rating for level of Challenge.

Edited to try to fix my quote copy error.

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 10:40:28 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Apr 30, 15 7:33 PM
twinsoniclab said:

On a side note, I find it confusing that the game is called "lackluster," and "tedious" on the main page, yet is awarded five stars! Those two words would sum up my reasons not to recommend a game. Perhaps the poster meant to award it fewer stars

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Not only on this game but several others. Very puzzling.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 1, 15 12:45 PM
It's a "No Buy" for me. Apart from the pastels, the glare is a killer for me. Aside from the visuals, although really pretty, the story just didn't grab me. Another mysterious portal. Portals can be interesting and fun but this one seems be neither interesting or fun. I just found it a bit tedious. I could not take a step without solving some puzzle. I like puzzles but I also like a short break between them. They seemed contrived as though the Devs were told to put one in every scene without a break. The gimmick device was actually a little better than some but I had to use it too much. I was bored in less than 10 min. but played the whole Demo just in case the pace picked up a little. Very sorry to say that it just is not a game for me.

This Dev makes some great games and I do look forward to the next one. It may be something that I will really like.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 2, 15 1:46 PM
This game is not too bad, but I won't be getting it. Nothing really struck me, except that it falls far short of other Amaranthine Voyage games.

Personally I have found, with one or two exceptions, the "Editor's Choice" games are usually duds. Not sure what type of customer they are going for with that rating but evidently it is not me.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on May 13, 15 12:43 PM
Bartsister wrote:A certain portion of the daily reviewers on the main page rate almost every game 5 stars no matter whether they like it or not, or whether they will buy it or not. If they really don't like it, they might go as low as 4 stars. It's kind of like naming your company AAA Widgets so you get listed at the top of the phone book.

I think you "hit the nail on the head" and that is exactly why a negative review would be given 4 or 5 stars by the reviewer. It really is painfully obvious.

Editor's Choice games always have something interesting or innovative about them. I'm sure that's the reason they are given the classification of "Editor's Choice". I guess there will always be reasons to complain about non-issues though.

Edited on 05/23/2015 at 7:56:11 PM PST

Go to: