Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 30, 15 1:07 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 5:09:00 AM PST

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by s_jjones on Apr 30, 15 2:56 AM
When I got to the scene where I was supposed to go 'down' to heat up the cup of cold tea, the map would not work, nor would the down arrow. I exited the game, then reopened and things started working again so I could complete the demo....don't think I'll be buying another game that appears to have glitches. Sorry Eipix, normally an excellent developer.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 30, 15 5:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 9otters on Apr 30, 15 6:27 AM
Scriptorium. Gold plate mini-game, beside the blue plate mini-game, where you press the arrows to open and get...something. Pressed the arrows numerous times. Nothing. "Hinted" through the sequence. Nothing. Backed out, pressed the hint button. Directed me toward the area where I get no response. Cannot progress. Cannot complete demo.

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 8:21:35 AM PST

[Post New]by guesswho1968 on Apr 30, 15 10:10 AM
There is a virus in this game.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Apr 30, 15 10:15 AM
This game froze my computer and I had to manually shut it down. When I went back in to play the game I had to complete a profile again. I also lost those "books" I had collected. I have bought all of the Amaranthine Voyage games but I am leery of this one that seems to have a lot glitches.

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 10:16:20 AM PST

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Apr 30, 15 10:26 AM
I am using win 7 new HP. My Avast keeps telling me there are viruses in this game/download. I have tried 3 times to download and I get error code 3 [ACTUAL CODE] when the dl stops.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Apr 30, 15 10:55 AM
[b]Same problem for me. I played 10 minutes earlier but when I went play again it will not load and getting virus alert?

Had this problem before with avast but as BF claims all are virus free how can this occur?

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 30, 15 11:48 AM
truddi wrote:[b]Same problem for me. I played 10 minutes earlier but when I went play again it will not load and getting virus alert?

Had this problem before with avast but as BF claims all are virus free how can this occur?

Same exact thing happened to me. Says I have 81 minutes of the trial to go. Just won't open up again.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Apr 30, 15 11:50 AM
Keeps refusing to download for me too. No virus alert, just downloads very slowly and then stops and either goes back to the beginning or waits to be told to download again. I ran CCleaner, so I know it isn't a cache problem.

May be a coincidence, but pausing and unpausing the download seemed to sort out the problems.

HOWEVER!!! I can't get the game to load at all!

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 11:59:26 AM PST

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by pjhundt on Apr 30, 15 12:33 PM
guesswho1968 wrote:There is a virus in this game.

Windows 8.1
Avast reports infection blocked: Win32:Evo-gen (Susp)

Game continues to download but will not launch

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 2:46:55 PM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 30, 15 1:28 PM
Me too.. game won't download - error code 5. States that an infection has been detected. I have never had a problem downloading any game until this one.
I'm using Avast Antivirus

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 3:47:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 30, 15 1:35 PM
Same problem with Error Code 3. Deleted and re installed game, same problem. Deleted and re installed Game Manager, same problem. Win7, with Avast Antivirus

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 30, 15 1:46 PM
I'm having the same problem as pjhundt. I had to have a PC teck clean my PC up and he found a virus in a BF game I had purchased. What is going on?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 30, 15 1:50 PM
Hmmm...

I have windows 8.1 on a PC and am not having any problems. I will say I am not very far into the game, but I am past the demo.

I have McAfee for my protection and did not get any warnings or alerts.

Ci

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Apr 30, 15 2:46 PM
I was interrupted earlier playing the demo. Exited the game properly. I just went back to play further (Windows 8.1) before making a final decision about purchase and it won't play now. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, and I'm hoping that works; however reading the posts from above......

Okay, uninstalled and reinstalled, still did not work. I turned off my Avast for a short time to see if that was blocking it nothing.

(Liked what I saw, but it is a no buy for me with this issue).

Edited on 04/30/2015 at 3:03:56 PM PST

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 30, 15 3:42 PM
I am having the same issue as others that have Avast and says Avast blocked it and that game had a virus I am using Windows 7 I had this before on a game and a few others replied also. At that time I filled out this kinda sorta info form to allow Big Fish be not blocked. I don't remember what info to put onto form. Does anyone else?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 30, 15 4:01 PM
pjhundt wrote:
guesswho1968 wrote:There is a virus in this game.

Windows 8.1
Avast reports infection blocked: Win32:Evo-gen (Susp)
Game continues to download but will not launch

If you Google [ Win32:Evo-gen ] you'll see thousands of Win users having had a problem with that particular Win File. It's likely a False Positive. You can test any and all viruses, worms, trojans, and URL at < virustotal [dot] com > or send it to Avast for analysis!
No security program have 100% detection or zero false positives.
Should any of my post be deleted, you are welcome to send me PM!

[Post New]by guesswho1968 on Apr 30, 15 5:07 PM
Thank you for all the info :o)

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 30, 15 5:53 PM
For all of you who are getting the virus alert, is it happening in the demo or when you get the full game? I just played the demo with no issues. But I don't want to get the full version if that is where the virus is.

Go to: