Achievement for finding all HOP's without using any hints

[Post New]by CherylParker on Apr 30, 15 8:45 PM
Did anyone get this achievement? I played once and didn't think I used a hint.
So I played again this time on hard mode so there were no hints to use.
I still didn't get the achievement.

Re:Achievement for finding all HOP's without using any hints

[Post New]by CherylParker on Apr 30, 15 9:37 PM
Never mind I got it after playing the second mini-game in bonus chapter after you use Magic Scroll on Alister.
Thanks

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 6, 15 8:22 PM
I didn't get it.....and I know I didn't use any hints.....so, I also did not get the achievement for getting all the achievements.
pooh.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 6, 15 11:40 PM
Speaking of hints... what annoys me is when the Hint button is so close to the Map or another tab I want to use, and I then accidentally click on the Hint button. Happened in a couple of games, and I got really annoyed with that, because I was also going for the "no hint used" achievement.

Devs should consider where they put things and how far apart. I also find that the Hint button is quite often unnecessarily large, dominating the whole of the right-hand side, with the other tabs smaller and close by.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 8, 15 12:31 AM
I agree with you Valdy.

It seems like a no-brainer to not put the hint button anywhere close to another button so that a mistake like that can be made.
Same thing with the skip button.

One of my other game design peeves is when there are objects that we have to click on, that are near the margin of the arrow that takes you out of the scene or the game box. I have had more than one game reset itself entirely and unhappily by that occurring

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on May 14, 15 2:28 PM
The predominance these "helpful" buttons seem to have in games lately has become overbearing. Thankfully, I've only ever hit the Hint button accidentally in games that have the hints disabled or I would be super annoyed that I lost the chance at that achievement.

I also get irritated when the inventory is on a hair trigger but then takes forever to go back into hiding or an unlocked position. I don't know how many times I've had to wait for the inventory screen to drop down so I can click on something it's obscuring. Very bothersome!

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 8:06:30 PM PST

Go to: