A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/01/2015 at 6:51:20 AM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage here

[Post New]by Radgame on May 1, 15 6:26 AM
The ghost ship idea was well-done w/o any gimmicks. Overall, a nice & not-too-edgy adventure based on solid game play.

Based on completed CE review:
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

Finally, an all-round game; entertaining and fun for all levels of players. A lengthy main game (I played over 3 days) - will be a superb SE w/ a conclusive ending.

A cool story w/ characters that didn't ever overpower game play. Tasks flow so well even w/ lots of back-and-forth. Clear, colourful graphics (superb on large screen), just-right cut-scenes, good VOs & music. HOPs (had to switch back to laptop) were replayed 2-3 times and weren't easy - at times, I switched to jigsaw mode; also fun. Mini-games & puzzles had so much variety w/ diff. levels of challenge.

Only (-)ves: 5 sec. blank screen to load during zoom in/ out of mini-games & between locations and a picky cursor.

These Devs. are masters at creating a good, fun balance of all elements. Kudos!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 1, 15 6:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on May 7, 15 10:12 AM
This game has the three elements that add up to the most enjoyable gameplay for me:

1. A jump map that indicates where actions need to be taken.
2. Fun hidden object scenes with an alternate game - in this place a jigsaw puzzle.
3. Interesting puzzles with adequate explanation.

I have enjoyed all the "Fear For Sale" games and this one is no exception.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 12, 15 7:35 AM
Radgame wrote:The ghost ship idea was well-done w/o any gimmicks. Overall, a nice & not-too-edgy adventure based on solid game play.

Based on completed CE review:
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

Finally, an all-round game; entertaining and fun for all levels of players. A lengthy main game (I played over 3 days) - will be a superb SE w/ a conclusive ending.

A cool story w/ characters that didn't ever overpower game play. Tasks flow so well even w/ lots of back-and-forth. Clear, colourful graphics (superb on large screen), just-right cut-scenes, good VOs & music. HOPs (had to switch back to laptop) were replayed 2-3 times and weren't easy - at times, I switched to jigsaw mode; also fun. Mini-games & puzzles had so much variety w/ diff. levels of challenge.

Only (-)ves: 5 sec. blank screen to load during zoom in/ out of mini-games & between locations and a picky cursor.

These Devs. are masters at creating a good, fun balance of all elements. Kudos!

Totally agree. I rarely buy games these days cos been there, done that, and I do feel the games I have are so brill I don't need poor quality second-raters: find the key/oil the lock etc . This game is superb. Thoroughly enjoying it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage here

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 15, 15 1:34 AM
Based on completing the game:

Try this game! Other than a few middling complaints, I couldn't find anything wrong with it!

1. There were a few jarring places in the music, but lowering my speaker volume solved the issue for me. Overall, I thought the music to be a good accompaniment to the game.
2. Having to wait out the black screen between locations may have been due to my slow Internet connection.
3. I lost track of the story's logic. Not sure if it was just me or if something was left unexplained. There might have been some loose ends that needed tying up. The positive about that issue is that I cared about the story!
4. The whole game was about a chapter too long for me.

The artwork in this game is outstanding, and there were enough HOS to keep me happy. They were all beautiful and clearly drawn, but quite challenging and not just seek and find. Each time an HOS was replayed, it involved a new challenge. A+ on those, guys!

This developer has become a favorite for me and IMO, pretty much top of the crop.

Edited on 07/15/2015 at 1:39:44 AM PST

Go to: