MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

New friend requests all of a sudden

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on May 1, 15 9:18 AM
Does anyone know the reason why I would have gotten three new friend requests all of a sudden today? I haven't posted my ID number anywhere in a while. Where do people get this info?

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:New friend requests all of a sudden

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on May 1, 15 9:34 AM
it kinda depends on a few factors, one is the faster you get things done, another is other friends that you have may tell other friends to add you to their lists, and the last one is my favorite, they just randomly find you out by what you post on here.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on May 1, 15 9:38 AM
I also think a lot of people use the tournament boards. (You can search based on names as well. I think that's why we see a lot of 'Players' on the tournament board) The few times I've been in the top 50 or so, I've received a lot of invites. I tend to decline any new ones unless they PM me here or I know it's a friend of a friend kind of thing.

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on May 1, 15 9:39 AM
Interesting. I'll have to see how many more people send send requests today.

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on May 1, 15 9:46 AM
Rahia wrote:I also think a lot of people use the tournament boards. (You can search based on names as well. I think that's why we see a lot of 'Players' on the tournament board) The few times I've been in the top 50 or so, I've received a lot of invites. I tend to decline any new ones unless they PM me here or I know it's a friend of a friend kind of thing.

That explains it then. I didn't realize that you could search by name. I thought you could only be invited by ID number. Thank you for solving my mystery!

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on May 1, 15 2:18 PM
I actually found my first few friends that way before discovering this FABULOUS forum. I typed in "Mary" because it was a common name and pages of Mary's came up. Because I was looking for Xmas cards I sent a request to a Mary that looked like an elf. She actually accepted me, and has been helping me complete the Xmas achievements. Then I started just looking for cool names, like Elvis. I'm happy to say he is a friend also.

However there were many more non responders, or people who accepted me and happily collected my gifts (I was also trying to get my first thank you cards to craft a pet) without giving anything back. That's when I found the forum, and it has really helped finding friends who give AND take.

Many newbies just don't know where to begin

schurch
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by schurch on May 1, 15 4:26 PM
at least you get friend requests. be thankful for that some people don't even friend you back!

devil8duck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by devil8duck on May 1, 15 6:14 PM
Another possibility is that the new requests are from a second game of friends you already have. When I lost my first game, I sent friend requests to the people I remembered from my first game. Just a thought...

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on May 1, 15 6:37 PM
This has been discussed before when the tournaments first started, all the top 100 were getting friend requests straight after, the Dev's have tried to hinder this by making the tournament pages go back to your placement in the game so people trolling for new friends can't get a lot of names, try making your name harder to spell by adding caps and numbers, or a simple name that has pages of the same name,

It is because players don't know to come to the forum and add friend codes from the list so the tournament is the way for them to do so, have some fun and type in a name and see how many come up? (player has 27+ pages)

They pick you from the tournament lobby as you are a active player, I have typed in many names and a lot are on really low levels from the start of the game and have left, so this is a good way to get new friends but you can decline them if you are happy with the friends you have already,

AG1

suzy1985
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by suzy1985 on May 2, 15 9:20 AM
dw1457 wrote:I actually found my first few friends that way before discovering this FABULOUS forum. I typed in "Mary" because it was a common name and pages of Mary's came up. Because I was looking for Xmas cards I sent a request to a Mary that looked like an elf. She actually accepted me, and has been helping me complete the Xmas achievements. Then I started just looking for cool names, like Elvis. I'm happy to say he is a friend also.

However there were many more non responders, or people who accepted me and happily collected my gifts (I was also trying to get my first thank you cards to craft a pet) without giving anything back. That's when I found the forum, and it has really helped finding friends who give AND take.

Many newbies just don't know where to begin

Hi dw1457,
I am at level 35. I have been through some of the frustrating quests...binding egg visits...the Bow Figure! Anyway, I am happy to help out some newbies without expecting them to gift me back. To me it is just one enjoyable part of the gifting program. The other enjoyable part is, like you, getting gifts.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 2, 15 1:05 PM
I too have had a few since the tournaments began again, one or two haven't bothered to gift but obviously take all I send. Whilst I don't gift to receive I will be deleting those who never send after a while, because I believe this game is about sharing and helping not just taking.

Go to: