Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 2, 15 1:50 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/02/2015 at 6:49:35 AM PST

Blitzmiz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on May 2, 15 3:58 AM
I am using Win8. It appears to be impossible to download this game -which is frustrating when you've stumped up money and will have to wait to play it. Have I checked DEP - yes, have I switched off my firewall - yes, have I moved from default to alternative download method - yes have I loaded a "Dr. Felix" file - yes. Will I have to wait days to resolve - yes. I had a similar problem with a game last year - the situation was never resolved. One of the biggest issues I have with Big Fish games is buggy software - it makes buying a game on its day of release very chancy.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by truddi on May 2, 15 4:13 AM
[b]I beta tested this game and was looking forward to its release as I gave it a 5 star rating and was going to buy.

Downloaded it and started demo, only to find on the life boat going into the water I got a black screen. I stopped the game with my task master, then went to my BF games master. There it stated TRIAL OVER? I am using win/8 and this is the only games site I use.

This is day 2 of games crashing and am more than unhappy with BF games. I have been a member for many years, however I'm now at the stage of giving up and going else where. Not even sure if I want to see if this problem will be sorted.

Blitzmiz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on May 2, 15 4:19 AM
Like you, I have become really disengaged and disenchanted with BF as I think they operate a policy of testing buggy software on the people who actually pay for it. Although there is often an "offer" on a new CE game - going through the bugs seriously affects game enjoyment, and if you can't even download it - well. I seriously think it is worthwhile waiting a few weeks prior to purchasing any new CE game while the bugs are worked out. I even stopped buying for a long time and went elsewhere - the one big advantage of BF is that there is no viral infection coming along with their downloads, unlike many other sites. However, if you cannot play or complete the games you purchase it's a pain - and it happens far too frequently.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 2, 15 4:27 AM
Not sure if this is a tech issue, but everytime I clicked on something wrong, it said, "we can't leave without the oares" After 4 times it was starting to get a bit annoying.. didn't need the oares anymore!!

Edit for spelling error

Edited on 05/02/2015 at 10:14:37 AM PST

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on May 2, 15 6:25 AM
playing on WIN7. stuck after placing the wires on the lift and pushing the button, it tells me something is missing but I've checked the strategy guide and there are no further steps - the boat is supposed to come down at that point. closed and re-opened game, still can't progress. too bad, I loved the other releases in this series but I'm not buying something I can't even get through the first chapter on. boo.

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on May 2, 15 6:45 AM
I beta tested this game with no issues. Thought it was great. Now it seems there are quite a few glitches.
I can't put the octopus tentacles in the correct position. When I try to move the highlighted tentacles in red to change position all it does is let me pick it up. Tried several times on the octopus outside and the one in the library. Anyone else have this issue. Also what's with the oars message all the time. Very disappointing.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 2, 15 6:49 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 2, 15 7:05 AM
hopieq wrote: I can't put the octopus tentacles in the correct position. When I try to move the highlighted tentacles in red to change position all it does is let me pick it up. Tried several times on the octopus outside and the one in the library.

The octopus tentacles must be set to the right positions outside the library. Use the 3 blue buttons to the left there to set the tentacles in the correct position, in 3 pairs.
The incorrect position is shown inside, when a pair glows red.
Then go inside and put it back, and it will open the shelves.

hopieq wrote: Also what's with the oars message all the time.

that's very irritating indeed. Looks like they were in a rush for the release.

[Post New]by mistypie on May 2, 15 7:07 AM
hopieq wrote:I beta tested this game with no issues. Thought it was great. Now it seems there are quite a few glitches.
I can't put the octopus tentacles in the correct position. When I try to move the highlighted tentacles in red to change position all it does is let me pick it up. Tried several times on the octopus outside and the one in the library. Anyone else have this issue. Also what's with the oars message all the time. Very disappointing.

When the octopus is outside in the everlast pedestal use the buttons on the side (left I think) to change the position of the tentacles then pick it up and take it into the library where you should be able to fit it into the wall.
Hope this helps.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on May 2, 15 8:07 AM
shelterhill wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issue, but everytime I clicked on something wrong, it said, "we can't leave without the oares" After 4 times it was starting to get a bit annoying.. didn't need the oarbes anymore!!

Same here!!! This when I was navigating the corridors trying to find the room.. I FINALLY just started using hints and then just started trying to insert keys.

I just exited after that and will wait and play again once the bugs are fixed.

This has never happened with a Mad Head game for me before.

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 2, 15 8:28 AM
I will wait as well..

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on May 2, 15 9:28 AM
shelterhill wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issue, but everytime I clicked on something wrong, it said, "we can't leave without the oares" After 4 times it was starting to get a bit annoying.. didn't need the oarbes anymore!!

Edit for spelling error

Ditto. And yes it was annoying.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on May 2, 15 10:50 AM
I started the Bonus Game and am stuck with only a broken camera.
I can not continue on. There is supposed to be a coin that I do not have as well as something else.
I hope someone can help me please.
I went through the whole game without any issues but now can not play Bonus game and a bit disappointed.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on May 2, 15 11:51 AM
I'm stuck in the plane looking for coordinates and it wont let me get out or use the map to get out...another glitch w BF.... guess I can't finish the bonus chapter??

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 2, 15 11:52 AM
shelterhill wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issue, but everytime I clicked on something wrong, it said, "we can't leave without the oares" After 4 times it was starting to get a bit annoying.. didn't need the oares anymore!!

Edit for spelling error

This glitch goes on throughout the entire game. No error message except the very first one you get when trying to get off the sinking ship at the very beginning of the game.

[Post New]by Vampyrlady2264 on May 2, 15 11:57 AM
Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here
[Post New]by nflynn on May 2, 11:51 AM
I'm stuck in the plane looking for coordinates and it wont let me get out or use the map to get out...another glitch w BF.... guess I can't finish the bonus chapter??

i have the same problem, cant get out of the plane. map dont work.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on May 2, 15 12:38 PM
NFLYNN and VAMPYRLADY - I too am stuck in bonus chapter - inside plane - did not get the ruler inside tavern BEFORE entering the plane. Now cannot leave - have to restart game.

Edited on 05/02/2015 at 12:39:39 PM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 2, 15 1:06 PM
lyssa7712 wrote:playing on WIN7. stuck after placing the wires on the lift and pushing the button, it tells me something is missing but I've checked the strategy guide and there are no further steps - the boat is supposed to come down at that point. closed and re-opened game, still can't progress. too bad, I loved the other releases in this series but I'm not buying something I can't even get through the first chapter on. boo.

If you're talking about the life boat...turn the handle.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 2, 15 2:08 PM
Well it seems like yet another game with issues. What ever happened to quality control?

I managed to get around some of the issues in the main game but got into the bonus game and after knocking on the door for the tavern or lottery when the guy says for members only, the black box at the bottom says to click to continue. Normally I would click it and the conversation continues or it goes away. In this case the black box is stuck and blocks out a portion of the HOS that opens and it, consequently, wipes out part of the items list. Not good. I can't' finish the game and I am getting so irritated that this happens consistently now - not just every so often.

Now I need to wait for the dev to offer a fix or I have to go to CS - AGAIN!

Go to: