eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Which AES buildings have minigames?

[Post New]by eli173 on May 3, 15 4:53 AM
I have built the Chess, the Warehouse, the Knights and the Dinosaur buildings. So far, only the Chess and the Dinosaur have minigames -plus the Office, which was a pleasant surprise (hadn't thought about returning there after completing the blueprints!). So, what about the remaining 4 buildings, do they all have minigames or what? Thanks!

Edited on 05/03/2015 at 4:57:26 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Which AES buildings have minigames?

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 3, 15 7:00 AM
The AES Office has two mini-games, the AES sign and the blueprints for reassembling.

(((((((((((mindless games to do while watching tv))))))))))))). Can anyone say paying for customizations without really trying?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 3, 15 7:21 AM
Warehouse-- No
Age of Exploration-- NO
Observatory-- YES
Royal Treasures-- YES
Time Machine-- NO
Charlemagne's Chess-- YES
Knights Of the Round-- NO
AES Museum Office-- YES
Dinosaur Display-- YES

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 12:17:13 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 3, 15 8:11 AM
Thanks! I can't find any minigames at the Knights! I have assembled the 5 armor parts, but that's it. The building is only level 3, but so is the Dinosaur one and I do have the minigames there.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 3, 15 9:07 AM
Actually, your right.. I'll update my post.. I thought you could put the items together again, but just double checked and you cant..

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on May 3, 15 6:21 PM
Does anyone know what has the best max payout? I've only been doing the door crest with my keepsake thinking the $11,800 was probably the best, but none of the other mini games are gurued (is that a word? is now!). When my hand is good I can do between $750,000 and $925,000 in the half hour with my keepsake, So minimum of completing the crest 3x per minute. Do any other games pay as much?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 3, 15 6:33 PM
good godly MOO! almost a million coins? I best get the molasses out and get busy!
(blue clutches the oxygen mask and raises the bed, cracks the fingers (ouch) and opens the game up)!
That's a better pay out than the auction. Have no idea what gurued means but GIRL, for a cool million, beats my Turtle, i'll second that... OFF I GO, see ya!

Edited: Dang nab it!!! I forgot I got the whole thing on Dino building mode! won't be 5 days fore I can get to it..Jeesh, i just spent a whole pint of extra oxygen doing all that maneuvering and a heaving and had my whole mouth ready for the puzzle... well i guess i'll have to have stowed green jello instead...honestly! AS IF!

Edited on 05/03/2015 at 6:39:39 PM PST

[Post New]by ShirlthePearl1 on May 3, 15 6:40 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Warehouse-- No
Age of Exploration-- YES
Observatory-- YES
Royal Treasures-- YES
Time Machine-- NO
Charlemagne's Chess-- YES
Knights Of the Round-- NO
AES Museum Office-- YES
Dinosaur Display-- YES

The Observatory has one for each of the Zodiac Signs = 12 Signs Trainee to Guru.
The Royal Treasures has 3 games each has from Trainee to Guru.
Charlemagne has 2 Chest Games from Trainee to Guru.
AES Museum has the 2, the Door Emblem has from Trainee to Guru and the Blue Print games 8 games each has Trainee to Guru. So this gives you plenty of time to build up your coins using a keepsake. Choose wisely which keepsake you want to use.
In answering HellsFury's question, yes all these games will fork out 11,800 in coins if you use either the Scepter or the Hummingbird Jewel Box, but after reaching Guru it only gives out a little over 8,700 coins each even with a keepsake.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 4, 15 9:28 AM
Someone just told me in PM that the Virgo Zodiac paid out heavy with the hummingbird , got 1.6 easy million in 30 minutes! I can't verify since i'm in Dino building mode and still missing one of the rings on that one anyway. If someone can verify, it be good to know.
Speaking of missing things. good grief. I am still missing a jewel in the front crown and the throne, as well. been days and days. I have played every rotation on each of the new countries modes and nothing. this morning when I logged on, two of the missing things where in Argentina. They hadn't been there before as I looked before I shut the game down last night, yet here they were showing this morning. Of course I didn't write the confounded mode as I played it so greedily. Wondering if its a coincidence as trust me I had played multiple times in every mode yesterday and Im in guru on all those.

Edited to add they showed up in Egypt and Antarctica today.I let out a yelp(followed by coughs) that had a nurse peek her head in. this was after doing just one game each before it showed. Seems to be like our Teodi. If you don't over do them they show up. I now have NO open quests but our handsome Mr. Odin Boxer and of course the two Time machine glitches ...

Edited on 05/05/2015 at 10:41:25 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 4, 15 4:51 PM
ShirlthePearl1 wrote:
In answering HellsFury's question, yes all these games will fork out 11,800 in coins if you use either the Scepter or the Hummingbird Jewel Box, but after reaching Guru it only gives out a little over 8,700 coins each even with a keepsake.

I haven't opened all of them yet but from sampling I can also say that they all give the same payouts- maximum is 5,900+ up to 11,800+ with the Hummingbird keepsake. It seems that this maximum is attained at Professional level 1 and that there is no further increase thereafter.

But there is no reduction at guru level, as you mention: I just tested one of the chess minigames (both plain and with a Hummingbird) and I got the max payouts.

Edited on 05/04/2015 at 4:55:04 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 4, 15 5:09 PM
Bluex wrote:Someone just told me in PM that the Virgo Zodiac paid out heavy with the hummingbird , got 1.6 easy million in 30 minutes! I can't verify since i'm in Dino building mode and still missing one of the rings on that one anyway. If someone can verify, it be good to know.

As I said in the previous post, I think all AES minigames give the same payouts -I haven't played the Virgo, but I played the Libra up to guru and it's the same payout per game. As to the amount you can get in half a hour with the Hummingbird, it depends on the minigame but I guess 1.6M is reasonable for the Zodiac minigames, as they only have 5 moves. I played the chess, which has many more moves, and got a little less than 1M.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 4, 15 6:16 PM
eli173 wrote:
Bluex wrote:Someone just told me in PM that the Virgo Zodiac paid out heavy with the hummingbird , got 1.6 easy million in 30 minutes! I can't verify since i'm in Dino building mode and still missing one of the rings on that one anyway. If someone can verify, it be good to know.

As I said in the previous post, I think all AES minigames give the same payouts -I haven't played the Virgo, but I played the Libra up to guru and it's the same payout per game. As to the amount you can get in half a hour with the Hummingbird, it depends on the minigame but I guess 1.6M is reasonable for the Zodiac minigames, as they only have 5 moves. I played the chess, which has many more moves, and got a little less than 1M.

The key to the zodiacs is that you don't actually complete them in one turn. If you jiggle the bars (once a few are in place) the coins come streaming out and so do the XPs. I haven't gotten 1 Million in 30 minutes.. but the payout has been over the normal 11,800. Give it a try.. And use the keepsake

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 4, 15 7:06 PM
Ha! I had noticed those extra coins when I first played as I jiggled to find the correct position but I didn't have any idea how much that was or even if it counted (didn't have any previous reference), and later I forgot about it! Now I did as you suggested and got 220 XP and 6400 coinsI So you get them every time you pass from the correct position! Thanks, the shower is definitely enjoyable!

However, I don't think this should be used with keepsakes because far less games can be played in the half-hour and this loss will most likely outweigh the extra profits-not to mention the risk of finger ankylosis from too much jiggling!

ETA: Clarification: This is a discussion about coins. In the case of XPs, it definitely pays to use the relevant keepsakes (grandmother quilts and magic lamps), as explained further down this thread.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 6:04:54 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 4, 15 7:18 PM
eli173 wrote:

However, I don't think this should be used with keepsakes because far less games can be played in the half-hour and this loss will most likely outweigh the extra profits-not to mention the risk of finger ankylosis from too much jiggling!

I happen to have a ton of keepsakes due to slots, so for me it's a good way to use them. not much else to use them on for me nowadays

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 5, 15 6:34 AM
I concur with Chestnut. I just glanced and have 235 royal scepters, so this will give me plenty to do once the Dino theme gets done.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 5, 15 6:58 AM
Bluex wrote:I concur with Chestnut. I just glanced and have 235 royal scepters, so this will give me plenty to do once the Dino theme gets done.

Well, I didn't say you shouldn't be using your keepsakes when playing the AES minigames! I said that, when playing the Zodiac minigames, it may not be a good idea to combine a keepsake with the jiggling trick. But suit yourselves! To each his own etc..

ETA: Clarification: This is a discussion about coins. In the case of XPs, it definitely pays to use the relevant keepsakes (grandmother quilts and magic lamps), as explained in the posts that follow.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 6:01:35 AM PST

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on May 7, 15 4:19 AM
eli173 wrote:

Just by distance I need to move the ring right or left I found the 2nd game (Capricorn maybe or Taurus- I don't know zodiac) and Libra seem fastest to me of what I tried, not the figures like Virgo or Aquarius. The thing Thayenna posted with doing the first 3 rings and then slightly moving one, by a mm twitch, so it moves back to done on its own does drop more money, but not more than I could make by doing the mini game over again. It does however give way more XP. I did try that a few times. The most given was 1800 coins and 450 XP instead of the regular 50 or 60! That's with the hummingbird jewelry box keepsake for the coins. If anyone needs XP this really does work for that.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 4:21:13 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 7, 15 5:49 AM
hellsfury64 wrote:The thing Thayenna posted with doing the first 3 rings and then slightly moving one, by a mm twitch, so it moves back to done on its own does drop more money, but not more than I could make by doing the mini game over again. It does however give way more XP. I did try that a few times. The most given was 1800 coins and 450 XP instead of the regular 50 or 60! That's with the hummingbird jewelry box keepsake for the coins. If anyone needs XP this really does work for that.

Tha'ts an excellent point about the XP! I hadn't realized that, as I had concentrated on coins. So, take out your grandmother quilts and magic lamps and enjoy! To take most advantage of the keepsakes, it's best to play as few jiggling games as possible (maybe only one or less per minute), to save the idle time of the beginning and ending sequences (approximately 10 secs). I timed one minigame and it normally takes me 10 secs to complete, so in one minute I can play 3 normal games (30 secs of play plus another 30 idle time), which yield about 200 XP and almost 18,000 coins. A one minute jiggling session (50 secs of play plus 10 secs idle time) gave me 510 XP and 7,250 coins. So the XP is 2.5 times higher while the amount of coins is a fraction of those from the normal games.Of course the numbers depend on various factors thus they can vary considerably, but you get the gist!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 7, 15 8:23 AM
I just finished assembling the 3 artifacts at the Age of Exploration building but it doesn't have any minigames after all!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jun 9, 15 3:12 AM
Re: Age of Exploration - I've just completed all three mini games in that building, as of June 9th.This is just the order in which the tasks finally appeared to me. I’m betting once you find any piece or two, the quests will appear.

There is something funky about the way it works. I completed the building a few days ago and nothing happened. I then clicked on one of the displays and got a quest to complete all three displays. As I clicked on each display, a separate quest appeared to complete that display. When I clicked on "Go" within each quest nothing happened. In just looking, (not playing) through at World sites, I didn’t seeing any parts, using the "hint" button did nothing, nor did anything else. I came here, see it listed as not working so went on to other tasks.

The below information has spoilers which can see by highlighting the missing text.

This morning I was playing through Italy and noticed I got a weird piece. I went back into the building and sure enough I had a piece to the farthest exhibit on the right, the ship’s throttle, (though I don’t recall what the game calls it) but still nothing to do. I played through a few more World sites and I happened upon a piece to the compass in India. I then found a piece to the machine (looks like a round telescope) in Argentina.

At this point I still had no other quests nor direction, and hadn’t found any new items so, I went back into the building and clicked on the compass and that is when I received all the individual quests for each display, in which the “Go” button took me to the proper site to find them. Once found it took less than five minutes to complete the all of the quests.

TL;DR: Find a piece or two in the countries listed below, then go back into the building, click on a display and see if the quests open for you. Countries: Italy, India, Argentina, Canada, New Zealand

Hope this helps.

Go to: