Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 4, 15 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/04/2015 at 6:23:20 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 4, 15 6:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Avalon Legends Solitaire 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on May 4, 15 6:28 PM
The good part is the ability to replay individual hands instead of groups of hands (the reason I didn't buy the first Avalon Legends was the group replay factor), and that there are a LOT of levels. This should keep anyone who likes basic solitaire games happy for a long time.

The bad part is making it so hard to exit the game. I can't see any good reason the ll button to bring up the settings and thus the ability to exit to the main menu - even that isn't spelled out, you have to click the little house at the bottom of the screen - is only available in the actual game play screens instead of the village between hands, or even the map.

As far as gathering resources between hands, I don't object to it (but I like TM games, especially the gather and build ones), but so far don't see any real reason for it. Athough you can sometimes choose which building to build, and the buildings affect what options you have in buying the bonus features like jokers and such (btw, the jokers cost more than the wild cards, not the same amount), that's the only customization feature available. The buildings go where the game puts them, period.

As solitaire games go, this is a good relaxing one. After the frustrations of Solitaire Perfect Match, I'm more than ready for relaxing!

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on May 7, 15 9:45 AM
The original version has been a long time standby game, so I jumped at the chance to play this new version.

I've purchased many solataire games, but have always come back to Avalon Legends as my main solitare game. I like the game play of it.

Version 2 is more challenging. I wasn't sure I'd like all the fancy layouts, but these are tempered with the more traditional game layouts. As well, you can easily replay any of the many, many levels.

You won't be able to complete this game in one sitting, but I've always liked it as a way to kill time without a lot of committment, and being able to easily exit then come back to continue the game.

There are a lot of things to do, and the bonuses you can purchase make more sense in this version versus the original.

The only thing that is a bit akward is finding out how to exit the game. Other than that, it has already become my favorite solitaire game.

Edit May 17. After playing the game all the way through and into my second game, I would add that I do miss collecting the magic cards like in the original version.

You complete the building phase fairly early, around level 100, after that you're collecting a lot of items with nothing to do with them. Some of the bonuses you can buy, in my opinion, hinder the game, so I've opted out of them on my second run, which leaves a lot of coins, food and building supplies. Would be fun to have other things to buy or build.

Still, with 300 levels, you do get a lot of play - which I like.

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 6:54:23 PM PST

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennieC on May 8, 15 9:13 PM
This is a great game. Once the forum explained how to exit, I bought it and was hooked. I am not keen on building games, but here it "fits" and I am not finding it too intrusive. It isn't quite as good or challenging (so far - I am on Level 100) as Chronicles of Emerland, but is a fun and relaxing game. Much better than all those generic Solitaire games that have been released recently.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on May 25, 15 8:20 AM
Love the buying and selling of commodities in this game although I was quite a way through before I cottoned on, makes getting buildings so much easier

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 15, 15 11:59 PM
Nice game! I had a strong feeling within 5 minutes that I'd be purchasing this. Of course, it took me just about that long to figure out how to exit the game, but that's probably just me! (is it?! )

I prefer building games more than most & I don't play many card games these past few years but I had played the original Avalon game & I was excited to give this one a chance.

Another plus: the music is extraordinary! You don't see that every game.
Another plus: massive amounts of levels. Now that is exclamation point worthy!!!
Another plus: Big Fish is having a sale where you can get this game for $2.50 now.
Another plus: Oh...just check it out.

Off to buy the game right now - I just wanted to make sure to add my voice in case it helps anybody considering buying the game.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Aug 16, 15 8:40 PM
JennieC wrote:This is a great game. Once the forum explained how to exit, I bought it and was hooked. I am not keen on building games, but here it "fits" and I am not finding it too intrusive. It isn't quite as good or challenging (so far - I am on Level 100) as Chronicles of Emerland, but is a fun and relaxing game. Much better than all those generic Solitaire games that have been released recently.

That was me to a tee!

Go to: