How to exit the game?

FritzBear
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

How to exit the game?

[Post New]by FritzBear on May 4, 15 2:05 AM
I must be quite in my dotage, but I was not able to find the way to go back to the menu to close the game, I had to force it to close though my computer. I'm sure there is a way to exit, but I didn't find it. Shame on me . All help is welcome

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:How to exit the game?

[Post New]by Nypthes on May 4, 15 2:17 AM
Same problem, can't find the way to exit. Love the game but not buying unless I can close it without hard boot to my computer.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on May 4, 15 2:45 AM
My, that is frustrating! Here's how:

Click on the button with || in the upper left corner. In the pop-up window, click on the 'house' button in the lower left corner. On the main screen, click on the 'X' in the upper right corner. That will exit the game.

DK

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on May 4, 15 3:27 AM
What DK says. Eventually you can quit Avalon (or any Windows app) by pressing ALT and F4 at the same time.

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nypthes on May 4, 15 4:14 AM
Thanks for the tip, alt F4 didn't work either nor ctl alt del, the || are only there in the actual card hand, not the town.

FritzBear
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FritzBear on May 4, 15 5:26 AM
Thank you for your prompt reply. All the people in Big Fish forum are always so kind!
Actually it was not easy to find the way to exit the game.
As Nyphtes rightly pointed out, it's possible to find the || only in the actual card hand. Once one knows it, no problem, but finding the little trick...augh...it wasn't too easy.
Thank you again to everyone.

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on May 4, 15 4:24 PM
Didn't see the symbol in the left corner, had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to exit.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on May 4, 15 5:01 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:You can also bring up your desktop (easy on Windows, not sure what happens on Mac), right click the game icon and tell it to close the window. That is a last resort I have to use when games freeze or I can't find a way to exit.

In this game, you can only exit from the solitaire screen itself, not the map or the building scene.

Right clicking on the Avalon Icon in Windows doesn't work for me. It works on everything else I have tried it on, but not this game. I used Alt. Control Del. and got out, but then came to the forum to see what I was missing.

I used to design roads and an important part of that was driver expectation ~ putting signs generally in the same place so folks know where to look for them. This game doesn't meet this player's expectations for how to exit!

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennieC on May 5, 15 7:52 PM
Thanks so much - I had decided to buy the game until I couldn't get out!! I had to use Task manager, so thank you for your clear directions. As someone else has said, the forums are so helpful. I have never had this trouble before, so it is something the developers need to look at - no-one enjoys feeling "intellectually challenged"!

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on May 6, 15 4:24 AM
Hi everyone,
I apologize for making it complex. I never thought it would be an issue. We will add exit button in settings in the updated version.

cheers
Roman

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on May 8, 15 10:49 AM
You're not alone.... I must be a bit dense too. I could not exit the game without using Ctl. Alt. Del. I'll go try again.

[Post New]by Winterbloom on May 9, 15 9:11 PM
Roman thank you for responding and for a future fix, I also came to the forum because I couldn't find an easy way to exit the game.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on May 11, 15 12:32 AM
babsvb1948 wrote:Didn't see the symbol in the left corner, had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to exit.

This doesn't show on the map or the town scenes. It only shows when you enter a game screen, when the cards are dealt. It's the first symbol on the left at the top and looks like II in green.

Click that, then click the house icon and this takes you back to the main menu where there is a large red cross on the top right which you click to exit the game.

AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on May 16, 15 12:08 PM
I'm glad to hear they will address this in an update. Aside from the exit button being difficult to find, it takes far too many clicks to get out of the game.

If I finish a hand and decide I'm done, I have to click to the town, click again to the map, then click for a game, click on the "pause" button to get the main menu, click the home icon,on the main page click the "x" and then click again answer the ever-annoying "do you really want to exit?" That's seven clicks just to get out of the game. It really ought to be possible to exit from the town, the map or the game screen.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 17, 15 9:18 AM
I am so relieved to know that I am not alone in not knowing how to remove myself from the environs of Avalon! lol I kept looking for a way to exit when the scene showing the town was on the screen. (The issue did not come up when I played the demo because I played until the time ran out.)

To my befuddled mind, it didn't make sense to start a hand when I needed to leave. I thought perhaps Mallard had cast a spell and I would not be allowed to leave until I had restored the entire kingdom!

Edited on 05/17/2015 at 9:19:16 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 17, 15 10:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are still having issues exiting out of this particular game. Doesn't make things fun.

Good news! In a recent update, there have been extra exit buttons added to hopefully help resolve this issue. I'm going to include the link below for more information:

UPDATE! New version available for Avalon Legends Solitaire 2! May 11, 2015

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jun 30, 15 2:38 AM
I followed the directions and it shows no updates. Should I submit a ticket or ? Anyone else have this issue? Even though I've exited several times I never seem to be able to remember. Senior moment no doubt. Thanks!

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Jul 15, 15 4:20 AM
bluejen wrote:I followed the directions and it shows no updates. Should I submit a ticket or ? Anyone else have this issue? Even though I've exited several times I never seem to be able to remember. Senior moment no doubt. Thanks!

Hello

You must update it by your self. Only search in the creator's name, this will take you to their website. Get in touch with the creator there, (he wrote a post above, by the way) you can either send private message to me or the Creator above. The game will not work until you arranged it with him because bfg will not update it.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 16, 15 12:01 AM
Roman_ANAWIKI wrote:Hi everyone,
I apologize for making it complex. I never thought it would be an issue. We will add exit button in settings in the updated version.

cheers
Roman

I am so impressed that you /he commented directly!! That is...well...impressive. Cool.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 16, 15 10:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the developer has only provided one update to this game, which was made available on May 11, 2015. The only difference with the update was extra exit buttons, as Roman_ANAWIKI confirmed. The details for that update are here:

UPDATE! New version available for Avalon Legends Solitaire 2! May 11, 2015

If you've installed the game after the date above, it means that you already have the latest version of the game installed.

We always do everything we can to ensure to that all available updates are provided to our players. However, any and all updates are given to us at the developer's discretion. To date, we have not received any additional updates from the developer.

We do not recommend downloading any game updates from any other site, even the developer's site. This is because we cannot guarantee that updates obtained from other sites will be compatible with our version of the game.

If the developer does provide us with another game update, we will most certainly post it in this forum right away.

bfgWaimea

Go to: