A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/05/2015 at 6:24:15 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moai II: Path to Another World here

[Post New]by leacraw on May 5, 15 5:01 AM
There isn't a 'No Timer' option. That's a deal breaker for me.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on May 5, 15 5:38 AM
leacraw wrote:There isn't a 'No Timer' option. That's a deal breaker for me.

The "timer" is just for extra points...you can continue playing after it runs out!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 5, 15 6:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Moai II: Path to Another World here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Moai II: Path to Another World.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on May 5, 15 6:55 AM
I was pleased to see this game as I really enjoyed the original. This game has the same format: build fields, quarries and trees, collect resources to meet targets. There are a few differences:

1. Instead of getting three coins for finishing within a target time, you only get one.
2. After the first level, each level has a 'bonus' level next to it. These are described as being more difficult than the basic levels. The basic levels are hard enough for me!
3. As you complete certain levels you find 'artifacts', each of which confers a particular benefit. These are stored in a 'backpack' and are used these to equip your hero.

When I first downloaded this game I played it on a monitor that isn't wide-screen. I noticed that part of the playing area was cropped at the sides. This meant I couldn't see what some of the traders were offering.

I found this game harder than the original. A number of levels were only just completed within the target time, others not even close. I rate this game as 4 because of the increased difficulty in hitting the time and the issue with screen size on a non wide-screen monitor..

crou777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by crou777 on May 5, 15 8:48 AM
Fun game. The characters are cute, it's really challenging, and I like finding the artifacts to equip my Moai!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

I LOVE THIS GAME

[Post New]by moesart on May 5, 15 10:53 AM
Lots of strategy involved. Not easy to beat the timer. Have to play certain levels a few times to beat the clock. That's just dandy with me. Great TM!

IPMP
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by IPMP on May 5, 15 1:05 PM
what about the scales (level 11). I dont have tutorial and I dont understand how it works. Please hel me. Thanks

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on May 5, 15 1:33 PM
I loved the original Moai and was extremely overjoyed when I saw the sequel.

That joy vanished soon after playing.

The timer NOSEDIVES. Even on the first and 2nd level when it is walking you through the game, the timer is going down super fast.

You can't even multiclick or send another worker to do something while you are doing as instructed.

I am so disappointed with this game. =( This timer RUINED the game. Not only do I feel rushed but I feel extremely frustrated. That's not on level 30 or 40 but on levels 3 and 4.

When you have to replay a really low level like 3 or 4 because of the vanishing timer, it is a NO BUY.

I'm not going to be frustrated the ENTIRE game.

The bonus levels are a joke. I couldn't even do the first bonus level within the time period. Wasn't even close.

Sure wish developers would start putting a variety of modes like expert, casual, and untimed. They would sell more.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on May 6, 15 12:30 AM
I think the same as stingstungme.

What a fast running timer.

No buy for me

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on May 6, 15 4:07 AM
Why are they bringing out these timed games with such fast timers? Most people like to get the 3 stars as a challenge, but not to be frustrated by this silly timer. What a waste of a game, why bother??? Why the big fishes don't tell the devs about it beats me. They will end up producing games and not selling them which really is a waste. Now I have read all the reviews for this game it is another no buy, because i bought the pipes one and that timer is crazy and also needs a bug fix. There seems to be quite a few games that are either not playing properly or are just a frustrating waste of money.....Get your act TOGETHER BFG....

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 6, 15 11:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for taking the time to post their review on this particular game. It does look like there is some concern in regards to the fast running timer in this particular game as well as others. We've gone along and passed along your feedback regarding the timers to the appropriate team. I apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Feel free to contact our Customer Support Team. They are always willing to pass along any information as well and offer tips.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on May 6, 15 3:00 PM
I do enjoy the game, but have given up on trying to get expert. It's just impossible, even after playing a level several times.

I just replayed the first Moai game and that timer is much slower and in three stages, which works a lot better for me.

Gaming is a way to relax and having to click like mad to get expert and still not succeed isn't relaxing.

I hope the devs will come with an update that will give us a bit more time at each level.

Edited on 05/06/2015 at 3:01:06 PM PST

[Post New]by fellicity on May 6, 15 10:48 PM
Probably beating a dead horse here, but agree with the others that the effort to beat a level in expert time makes the game more stressful than fun at times. However, so far I've only hit two levels where gold time seems impossible for me (19A and 34).

I LOVE the concept of equipping my character with artifacts. That has added a whole new level of strategy and is something I haven't seen with other Time Management games. Well done!

Irusan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Irusan on May 18, 15 1:05 PM
I'm really enjoying this game! Up to level 34 now and with the exception of 19A I've managed gold on all of them, but with some levels it did take a few tries (and with one or two, giving up after 2 hours of frustration and trying again the next day...!)

I agree that this one isn't for people who like to play time/resource management games in a fairly casual manner. But - horses for courses - if you want a challenge to really get your teeth into, this is excellent.

Like fellicity says, there are some fun additions, like the artifacts, and the way if you don't give a worker something to do they will sit down and have a nap so when you do eventually give them a job it takes longer to get going.

I would also say that the first few levels do seem harder until you've got the hang of the general strategy and particularly how to use the powerups. Once you've got past the first 5 levels it does start to go more smoothly. So to anyone who does like a nice difficult game, but is finding the first 4 or 5 levels completely impenetrable, stick with it.

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on May 19, 15 7:04 AM
Loved Moai I, however I wish I had not been so fast in buying number 2 - the timer is just too fast - or at least give me the option of choosing "easy" and then work my way up.

Mevrian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mevrian on May 19, 15 4:05 PM
It seemed like quite a bit of time passed between the original game and the sequel.

It was worth the wait. The levels are challenging enough to be interesting but doable enough to not be frustrating. There are new concepts like the artifacts and new character types. These can be a challenge until you figure out the strategy to use them.

The 'double' levels give twice the game with the same lay out with new goals. The net result is two games for the price of one.

I give this game five stars.

I hope the developers make another one.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on May 19, 15 6:01 PM
I really enjoyed this game up until the levels where you must kill the ghosts (before building the statues). It hurts my carpal tunnel syndrome to be constantly clicking to kill so many ghosts. I will replay the game but avoid those levels with the ghosts.

I also agree that the timer is incredibly short. I don't think I got gold on very many levels at all.

I do like how there are 'A' levels for every level.

julesy

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 23, 15 2:00 PM
jimeezlady wrote:
leacraw wrote:There isn't a 'No Timer' option. That's a deal breaker for me.

The "timer" is just for extra points...you can continue playing after it runs out!

Good to know because it's next to impossible to get gold or silver on anything after level five. At least for me it is.

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jun 1, 15 8:20 PM
Got through to Level 13 and same problem as everyone else access violation etc etc occurs when I purchase the mana from either warrior. Got this as a free game luckily. Co me on Big Fish fix this problem. It is not my Direct X up to date. On Windows XP but all other games play fine.

Go to: