bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 5, 15 6:43 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief here.

[Post New]by gailgo on May 12, 15 11:53 AM
I try to download game but when I click on 'Try this game' I'm taken to millennium Secrets game page

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 13, 15 10:02 AM
Hi gailgo,

I'm so sorry that the "Try this game" link on this thread takes you to a different game. This is a known issue that we have brought to the attention of the appropriate team. They are currently looking into this to resolve this. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. In the meantime, I'm going to include a thread that has the links to all the Mortimer Beckett series. They will take you straight to the correct game pages. I hope this helps!

order of the adventures

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by jerecooper on Jul 10, 15 4:12 PM
I have the game on my iPad with iOS 8.4. When I get to the Russian doll game an extra piece is in the group and keeps the dolls from nesting. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it still happens. Anything else I can try?

[Post New]by ikketjes13 on Dec 14, 15 3:21 PM
generic application error mortimer beckett and the crimson thief

[Post New]by jusmae12 on May 4, 16 12:35 PM
Bought the game but it would not install it says Generic Application error. Tried deleting and redownl loading. Playing on PC.

Edited on 05/04/2016 at 6:39:48 PM PST

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 18, 16 6:37 AM
I just bought this game after playing the entire demo with no issues. Now I am at the marquee puzzle and when I approach, there are no visible letters. Clicking on it I can here a sound as if I am selecting a letter, but cannot see to complete this puzzle. I didn't see anyone else with this issue. Windows 7.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 18, 16 6:44 AM
sgrwlf27 wrote:I just bought this game after playing the entire demo with no issues. Now I am at the marquee puzzle and when I approach, there are no visible letters. Clicking on it I can here a sound as if I am selecting a letter, but cannot see to complete this puzzle. I didn't see anyone else with this issue. Windows 7.

OKay. I exited and restarted the game and the glitch is gone.

[Post New]by orensnanna on May 18, 16 7:00 AM
The trouble I am having is getting off of a puzzle so that I can continue the game! I am at the point where I am in the garage and have to match up a lot of car parts with the countries. I have tried following the hints but cannot figure it out! Can anyone help me? Any and all help will be appreciated!

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Jun 6, 16 3:35 AM
Does anybody out there know how to fix a runtime error? I've tried repeatedly to contact customer support but all I ever get is an automated response. I never hear from an actual person to tell me what to do about this. This has happened not just to this game but several others I've purchased recently. The game manager gives me error 802 and I get a separate dialog box that says "Runtime Error! Program...iles(86x)\Campfire Legends-The Babysitter\drjpvk.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information," Well I've tried repeatedly to do that but as I said nobody will help me. I play on PC using windows 10. If anybody out there can help me I'd sure appreciate it. Please leave me a message in my bfg inbox so I'll be able to see it right away and it won't get lost in the rest of the forum responses.My only other option would be to terminate my membership which I really don't want to do if I can avoid it.

Thanks

P.S the reason there's another game title in the error message I've relayed to you guys is because this same message pops up with all of my recent purchases including this one, Thanks again.

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Jun 6, 16 11:57 AM
It seems all it took was a simple reinstall of the gm. Thanks anyway,

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Jul 26, 16 1:50 PM
I am at the movie marquee, and all the letters are missing. They were there before, but now they are missing.

[Post New]by Jendread on Oct 8, 16 6:03 PM
I am playing on my pc. I had a chisel. I tried to open the door with it then the chisel disappeared.

Go to: