Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Iron Heart: Steam Tower here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 6, 15 12:45 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/06/2015 at 5:41:57 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Iron Heart: Steam Tower here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 6, 15 5:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Iron Heart: Steam Tower here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Iron Heart: Steam Tower.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on May 6, 15 2:57 PM
Another ridiculous tower game. Not enough places to place towers, the distance travelled by enemy is really short and overall worse one I have ever tried. There is again no easy, hard etc. and definitely not a buy. When are the devs going to get the message that they cannot keep making games that targets are virtually imposable? Even on round three I had to replay and I cannot be bothered to fight something that is going so fast that the guns cannot keep up with. What is wrong with BFG allowing these games on the market before the non professional staff have not tried??? if this is the sort of games they are going to bring out then my membership will cease and this time I will NOT be coming back for more punishment and torment. I play the games to try to enjoy them not keep getting frustrated.....So once again I say and stress - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 7, 15 4:46 PM
Oh Phooey. I reluctantly have to pass.
I tried to play this game for 15 minute stretches over a period of a few days, each time hoping I'd get into it & enjoy or that something would improve but alas.

The graphics are extremely annoying, the pace, not good...the towers are set at silly intervals & places & the items and spells & whatnot are just not doin' it. No no no.

Bring us more QUALITY games! They are out there!!! They're there. I swear they are. Why aren't they making their ways to here? I 'll have to continue buying from Steam.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 7, 15 4:52 PM
One more thing about this game:
There is a reviewer on Big Fish who seems to review pretty much every game out there - well, she has given this as well as pretty much EVERY SINGLE GAME she's ever reviewed a 5 star rating.
Not cool. Not cool at all. Is she even playing the things or just ....? That's really irksome.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on May 8, 15 8:21 AM
Having purchased this game and completed it I am somewhat disappointed.

This is a stock standard 8 floor tower defense game. They never vary their weapons or what the attackers do only their graphics and routes.
However, I did really like these graphics and the change up was enough to make me purchase it. I loved the way the paths twisted and turned and went through tunnels. I found the detail in the graphics to be amazing, there was always something to see, in the background on the floor etc. That really appealed to me.

What disappointed me was that there was just one level of difficulty, no easy, normal hard, just a single level. And this level of difficulty was too easy. I've played these games a lot so I know the strategy, I only had to replay an occasional level once or twice to get 3 stars and it was an immediate replay, not coming back to it later after buying more upgrades. Overall I didn't feel particularly challenged.

For the length of the game and the standard BF price, this is still a good deal, but it's not as amazing as the other tower defense games by the same developers which is a shame because I loved these graphics and layouts more than the others.

[Post New]by nefret22222 on May 15, 15 4:24 PM
This dev's games are usually my favorites, challenging enough to replay many times. I cannot even contemplate continuing with this game after 6 levels. Based on previous tower games with similar but varied game play, I purchased this one immediately and am soooo disappointed. Heretofore I was tickled to learn just which weapons were the best for which critters as it was slightly different in each game. Each game was similar in concept but varied in strategy and execution and graphics were clever with engaging characters. I even liked the limited instructions, giving you a victory just to figure out how to play by trial and error. Every time I played it through I had to replay some levels many times to get a perfect score which made them worthwhile.

Another reviewer stated that this was an old game. I don't know about that. I love tower and TM games for their replayability over HO games. But this is a major fail. I sure hope its an old game dusted off and not a new direction for these devs.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

REVIEW

[Post New]by LanaPook on Jun 3, 15 6:08 AM
I don't get the bad reviews. I like the game and the graphics. Wonderful and fun if you are persistent.

Go to: