Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

How Many Of You Got Gold On Levels After 5?

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 6, 15 7:13 AM
I come back to this game now & then.... I don't think its been out very long, but it feels like I've been picking it up once or twice a week for a month or so?

Anyway, I noticed that out of the full game, the only levels I got gold on were the first 8! Whaaat! That's preposterous!

I don't know that its necessarily the worst thing, but it is a bit frustrating, since normally what I do is play a game & etiher as I go, or after its all done, try to perfect what wasn't initially perfected. Don't seem to be able to do that this time, although I am still trying occasionally.
(til I tire of this)

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:How Many Of You Got Gold On Levels After 5?

[Post New]by LilFae on May 9, 15 4:32 PM
Greetings Yaelle,

I've been playing time management games a while yet, so I know it's really about finding the best strategy (which to build first, which powerups to utilize more). I did get gold on every level. There was one level about 2/3 ways in that I got stuck on for a while... and the last level was a bear. I was within seconds every time, but just couldn't get the gold. That's when I went on youtube and searched for a walkthrough and that really helped me.

I don't know if it's about knowing how time management games usually work, but this particular game wasn't so unbelievably hard as some others I've played. MKFTP it got to a point where the mid and upper levels I had to refer to a walkthrough a LOT to make gold.

Good luck!!

[Post New]by gaymaddox on May 10, 15 6:59 PM
I too love time management games, the harder the better, but this game has me flummoxed. Since you did so well, will you please share your strategy for level 8? I bet I've played it 10 times and can't even get a blue flag.

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by LilFae on May 11, 15 9:38 AM
Greetings Gaymaddox!!

I don't usually do the step by step, but here's an overview of how I did level 8.

I pick up and chop until getting to the 2 fruit bushes and collect.
Then I build the town hall for a 2nd worker.
Chop and collect with 2 workers in available area.
Next I build the sawmill.
Chop and collect with 2 workers in available area.
Next I built the bridge going to the Hunter's House (top left).
Chop an collect until reaching the Hunter's House and build it.
*At this point the "freeze time" powerup should be available. Use it.
Get rid of the trap that's before the next available bridge to build.
Should have enough resources from renewables to build the 2nd bridge.
Next chop and collect towards the farm and gold mine.
Build the gold mine and farm.
Keep chopping and collecting up the path.
When you have enough, upgrade your sawmill to level 2.
Have hunter get rid of the rest of the traps.
Start building the observation towers. At this point there should be enough gold from your mine and what you collected from renewable to be able to build all 3... and you're done!

Hope this helps!!

Go to: