Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 7, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 6:03:13 AM PST

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bluejen on May 7, 15 1:03 AM
I'm not able to X out of the guard at the crossing to continue. Am I missing something?

I'm using Safari on an iMac with Mavericks.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 1:05:44 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 7, 15 6:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 7, 15 6:11 AM
Had difficulty activating the game, then when I went back to play it, the message "trial has expired" was showing. I have uninstalled and am now reinstalling to see if that changes, but obviously, if I can't try it, I'm not going to buy it.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 7, 15 7:13 AM
Mrs.Skippy, You need to look at the black bar at the bottom of the HO scene. There will be a shadow of four or five items in the HO scene for you to drag down there and then your list will pop up as each item is put in the black bar area. Hope that helps. It is difficult to see at first.

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on May 7, 15 8:48 AM
12-96 solution.

I placed the round chip on the model containing numbers on its top, in the Library.

No instruction and nothing happens so went to the Strategy Guide.

It shows the solution as choosing the #12 and the #96...but nothing happens.

The top does not open to reveal/give the bird's head inside.

Gameplay stopped.

Glad I haven't purchased yet.

Mac OSX 10.9.5

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 8:49:23 AM PST

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 7, 15 12:54 PM
you need to find the 2 paper pieces on which the code is written first, then place it
on the model

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 12:54:43 PM PST

[Post New]by gaelicein on May 7, 15 4:27 PM
Game freezes on every puzzle over and over. Otherwise everything else is fine. Running new Acer Aspire 8.1.

[Post New]by tabithajones1 on May 7, 15 7:01 PM
well, I was playing just fine, when a message just stopped my game, saying: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Come on, every other month or two...I'm having some kind of issue with BFG...I've been a customer for a very long time. Is it because you have new people running it or something? Years back... BFG had no problems like this. Fix this..tired of buying a game that, I have to wait days to play, because that's how long it takes for the "support team" gets back to me. What ever happened to being able to talk to someone immediately?

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 7:02:08 PM PST

[Post New]by niknak70 on May 8, 15 3:51 AM
I too have had the message This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Am absolutely fed up of all these technical hitches, another game I have Labyrinths of the World freezes all the time. I have cancelled my BFG membership as not only am I frustrated with technical issues but also games are so short and predictable at the same cost. The last game that really taxed me was the 2nd Madame Fate. You have gone downhill rapidly with not much thought for the customer anymore

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on May 8, 15 6:20 AM
And here we go Again! Another glitch-ridden game. There's still no fix for Ominous Objects CE so I am NOT going to buy another game until that one is fixed.
Such a shame-what has happened to the game testing? Not enough testers or too many just using the newest 'state of the art' machines?
Please Big Fish--please do better testing and have better oversight. Please, please.
I have been a member for years. Since I became handicapped and pretty much house bound I really look forward to getting my games from this site...maybe there somehow is a problem with the game manager? (I have remembered on past occasions when it seemed like quite a few games seemed to have a few problems there would come a time shortly after when a new version of the manager would come about.... I don't know. wish I did but don't know zip about the tech stuff...just know I want a good and playable (and creepy, eerie, if possible) game.

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on May 8, 15 8:06 AM
gernespieler wrote:you need to find the 2 paper pieces on which the code is written first, then place it
on the model

Thanks! I'll go look for that!

[Post New]by bevgries on May 9, 15 5:23 PM
Just started the game. Got the coin, went to get the 1st moon and it freezes. Heck of a time getting out of the game. it took longer to install than I got to play. Not very happy with my mother's day game gift to myself.

[Post New]by cactuswren3 on May 13, 15 4:48 PM
I have got as far as Roberto's garden, and am stuck. I do not know what to do from here.

[Post New]by Dr_Internet on May 14, 15 9:22 AM
I thought I would try before I buy and after playing for about 15 minutes, I get a message "DEMO OVER". It won't let me do anything else and I have 44 minutes of play time remaining. Is this it?

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on May 14, 15 1:27 PM
Shoddy beta testing again. What a shame. This is one of my favorite series. If you help the clockmaker before you finish with the librarian the game crashes. I assume this is because you don't get the objective to help the clockmaker until you are done with the librarian, yet game play allows you to complete the clockmaker senario first. I had already completed the task before I received it as an objective. NOPE! You cannot do it that way.

I have done extensive beta tests for other genre games. It would be so much better if they would use experienced beta testers and allow them to test the entire game before release. This type of issue should be very easy to find and fix. Obviously, I found it.

EDIT: It seems I was slightly wrong. It's the same problem, but the trigger is saving Roberto first, not the clockmaker. I've replicated this 2 more times by saving Roberto first. If I go to the librarian with the bandage before I save Roberto, I can continue.

Edited on 05/14/2015 at 5:19:44 PM PST

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Game crashing

[Post New]by Cynkee on May 14, 15 3:11 PM
I've reached the point where I use the bandage on the man in the library, and he gives me a piece of the philosopher stone and the letter "X". Then it crashes. Every time. I've reinstalled, restarted, etc. I'm on a Mac Powerbook running OS 10.9.4. Please advise how to fix or refund my money. Thank you.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

runtime to terminate in an unusual way

[Post New]by catathang on Jun 9, 15 5:09 AM
WHY!!!!!!!This keeps coming up when I get the X.

Run Time Error

[Post New]by MrsMelanieV on Jun 19, 15 4:52 PM
Windows 7 OS. My game is shutting down when I return to the Library to provide aide to the Librarian. I accept the two items, (the X and the stone part) then regardless of what I do, the game shuts down and posts this: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
I have tried clean installations to no avail. A patch, fix or something, would be nice. By reading this "forum" I see this is a common problem. It's been a few weeks since I bought this game. There should be a fix already. Your reference to the "HELP" pages does not provide an answer.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jul 1, 15 4:45 PM
Windows 7 OS.
Another one bites the dust.
Can play about 10 minutes then game shuts down computer.
Nothing ever done about game problems.
Is there any point in dealing with BFG???

Go to: