bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Train: Frozen in Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 9, 15 12:29 AM
Olivia has been living happily with her husband Daniel aboard Charon's mythical train of souls as they fight the evil souls who threaten the world. But it's been three days since Daniel went chasing after the thief who stole Charon's most powerful artifacts: the chronometers, watches that can stop time itself. Armed with the last chronometer, now only Olivia stands against this thief's ultimate power. Explore the small town of Farrington to find the thief and rescue Daniel. Uncover the thief's plans and master time to save the people of Farrington, before it's too late!

Re:Haunted Train: Frozen in Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 9, 15 12:53 AM
Betatested this one not long ago, but didn't even finish.. Terrible game, not interesting, gameplay same old, same old.. Graphics not even good. Story not new.
I will not recommend this, but try for yourself, I am curious to find out if it was just me...

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on May 9, 15 4:38 AM
Beta'd this one too and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much that I replayed a few times and kept checking the dev's site to see if a release was on the horizon (if I remember correctly, the beta was back in November...I thought the issuing company had dissolved). I was very happy to see it was finally released with the added bonus of coinciding with a sale.

Just goes to show, we all have different ideas on what makes a good game.

Edited on 05/09/2015 at 4:39:48 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 9, 15 4:42 AM
Well , indeed

Glad you like it, we all have diferent tasts, I will play the demo to see if I feel the same way still.

Edit; after part of the demo, i have to agree that there is a lot of improvement, but it's still not my kind of game

Edited on 05/09/2015 at 5:16:54 AM PST

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on May 9, 15 4:48 AM
I betad this one as well and enjoyed it. BUT, this is the second game of the series, and first game had technical issues so bad that there were pages of the tech thread. They never fixed it, and it seemed that the majority of players were unable to finish the game. I'll wait to see what happens with this game before I buy. Any developer that didn't respond to that many customer issues isn't one I want to support.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 9, 15 7:02 AM
I'd like to know how many HO scenes there are please , this would help me to decide .

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on May 9, 15 8:15 AM
I encountered one memory read error early in the game. After exiting out via task manager and restarting the game, the scene played without error and no errors since (knock on wood). Restarting did not cause me to lose any progress. Windows 7-64 bit.

I also noticed a bit of cursor lag at the start but after the above mentioned restart, that remedied as well.

As for the amount of HO scenes asked above, they aren't there in an over abundance, but they are there. This might be a spoiler so please mouse over for comment. Most of the puzzles involved using the chronometer.

Edited on 05/09/2015 at 11:01:40 AM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 9, 15 8:39 AM
thank you LarkBea that helped me make my mind up .I do like lots of HO scenes. My credits sure are building up .

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on May 9, 15 10:42 AM
You're welcome, gillydi. I wasn't really concentrating on the number of HOSs during the game but noticed in the bonus chapter there were quite a few. Another spoiler: This game has a rather abrupt ending.

Edited on 05/09/2015 at 10:42:36 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 15 1:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their review on this particular game. I am so sorry to see that some players are experiencing technical issues as well.

Moving forward, please list the technical issues in the following thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Frozen in Time Collector's Edition here

It is also recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help. By contacting them it also keeps track of and reports the issues players are seeing.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 15 3:39 AM
I have played through the whole demo, and love this game. The colours are vibrant, the graphics are nicely done, and the story is interesting. I loved the first "Haunted Train" game, and I love this one.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on May 11, 15 6:18 PM
Code Mother is still good as of 5/11 @ 8:17 pm CST

Go to: