Crime Solitaire

[Post New]by mahjong4 on May 9, 15 6:19 AM
Crashes when I try to create profile. Cannot get to any screen but "Create a New Profile".
Is there some User Name that will magically work and get game to start?
BF tech was no help at all.

Re:Crime Solitaire

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 31, 15 11:03 AM
Hi

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - missed your thread until just now. I don't check the forums as often as I should lately.

Just wondering - was it you that emailed me about this recently? Either way I'll re-post the solution below for anybody else that might find themselves with the same problem.

Disclaimer: Please follow instructions carefully, and don't make any changes or delete any files if you are less than 100% absolutely sure about what you're doing. The links below are correct at the time of posting, but may change in future or disappear completely. Anything you change on your PC is at your own risk.

It sounds like something is corrupted in the game's saved data - maybe there's been an earlier version of the game installed at some point (it was originally released 2011 and there's been a few updates since). So you can try to delete the game's saved data. In Windows XP you'll find the saved game data in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Desktop Gaming - find the "Crime Solitaire" folder in there, and just delete it.

If you don't see the Application Data folder (it's hidden by default) you will need to change a Windows setting. Instructions on doing that can be found here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/ht/showhiddenfiles.htm

After that, restart the game and you should be good to go.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

Edited on 05/31/2015 at 11:04:40 AM PST

Go to: