Irmazon
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

3 Stars Hard Mode, Finally Game Done!

[Post New]by Irmazon on May 9, 15 1:28 PM
Hello Fishies,

Finally finished the game with all 3 gold stars on every level. It is doable, I almost got 3 stars the first attempt with the following strategy, but one little boat got through darn it.

By the third attempt, no one got by my defense. I used 5 support towers this time, as I described for 3 stars normal mode my previous post. I put the two others to upper left of the center main island and the top left inlet. After that, I used the same combo of guns, machine, sometimes swapping out for green or blue shooter, and a threw in a couple of cannons by each entry point, making them either flamethrowers or missile launchers, depending on the enemy. When needed, I changed the cannons back to machine guns when the enemy was fast and numerous.

It was actually relatively easy, once you use the support towers en masse to even further boost your weapons and each other. I got gold 3 stars on my third try, eons faster than my struggles with easy and normal mode to get 3 stars on level 20.

Tip: Use that pause button! Click on the enemy you want your weapons to focus on, pause and hit, pause and hit. Don't just hope your guns will take them out in time. It aint just for using to go get a snack fishie! Or use the restroom, but we fishies just swim around while doing that, don't we?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:3 Stars Hard Mode, Finally Game Done!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 15 7:47 AM
Hi lrmazon,

I just wanted to pop in here and congratulate you for finishing this particular game in hard mode. I definitely know what it is like to finish a game. It feels great!

Thanks for the tips for other players of this game. It is definitely appreciated. Congrats again!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: